Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > amp installed but problem
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
00chevymalibu

amp installed but problem

i installed a 2 channel amp for 2 6x9s. but the problems is there is no sound at all and dosnt seem like there is even power. i got a distribution block and split my power wireing from my subs and other amp. and grounded both amps at the same place. i just dont know what i did wrong im gonna double check my connections but anyone have any help please help thanks.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 10-27-2006 11:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 00chevymalibu Click here to Send 00chevymalibu a Private Message Find more posts by 00chevymalibu Add 00chevymalibu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAPSniper

RE: amp installed but problem

quote:
Originally posted on 10-27-2006 by 00chevymalibu
i installed a 2 channel amp for 2 6x9s. but the problems is there is no sound at all and dosnt seem like there is even power. i got a distribution block and split my power wireing from my subs and other amp. and grounded both amps at the same place. i just dont know what i did wrong im gonna double check my connections but anyone have any help please help thanks.

did you forget the remote turn on wire from the HU?

New Post 10-28-2006 12:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAPSniper Click here to Send TAPSniper a Private Message Find more posts by TAPSniper Add TAPSniper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
00chevymalibu

RE: RE: amp installed but problem

quote:
Originally posted on 10-28-2006 by TAPSniper
did you forget the remote turn on wire from the HU?

do i need to run two of thoose one from each amp?

New Post 10-28-2006 08:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for 00chevymalibu Click here to Send 00chevymalibu a Private Message Find more posts by 00chevymalibu Add 00chevymalibu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlienAudio

RE: RE: RE: amp installed but problem

quote:
Originally posted on 10-28-2006 by 00chevymalibu
do i need to run two of thoose one from each amp?

YES, :) , you can run one wire to the deck, but split it between the amps so they are both hooked to it.

New Post 10-28-2006 01:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for AlienAudio Click here to Send AlienAudio a Private Message Find more posts by AlienAudio Add AlienAudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
00chevymalibu

RE: RE: RE: RE: amp installed but problem

quote:
Originally posted on 10-28-2006 by AlienAudio
YES, :) , you can run one wire to the deck, but split it between the amps so they are both hooked to it.

how do u reccomend i split them? just cut it at one point and join them together?

New Post 10-28-2006 04:25 PM
00chevymalibu

ok well can u list some of the other possibilites or something that i could of done wrong. heres whats happening. I hooked up the rcas to the out on my other amp into the in on the new amp. i used a distribution block, to split the power to 2. then i grounded each amp . I hooked up speaker wire to each of the 2 speakers. from the channel on the amp. left speaker channel 1 and right speaker channel 2. then I cut the remote going to the HU and tied the two one from each amp in to one. i think it might be that i have the speaker wire wrong. would haveing the positive of the speaker going into the negative of the amp cause it not to work. or is it that i split the remote wrong? thanks for any help

New Post 10-28-2006 05:34 PM
TAPSniper

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-28-2006 by 00chevymalibu
ok well can u list some of the other possibilites or something that i could of done wrong. heres whats happening. I hooked up the rcas to the out on my other amp into the in on the new amp. i used a distribution block, to split the power to 2. then i grounded each amp . I hooked up speaker wire to each of the 2 speakers. from the channel on the amp. left speaker channel 1 and right speaker channel 2. then I cut the remote going to the HU and tied the two one from each amp in to one. i think it might be that i have the speaker wire wrong. would haveing the positive of the speaker going into the negative of the amp cause it not to work. or is it that i split the remote wrong? thanks for any help

first thing first, do the amps even comeon (any lights light up when the acc is on?)

New Post 10-28-2006 06:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAPSniper Click here to Send TAPSniper a Private Message Find more posts by TAPSniper Add TAPSniper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
00chevymalibu

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-28-2006 by TAPSniper
first thing first, do the amps even comeon (any lights light up when the acc is on?)

nope the power lights do not even come on, do you think it would be that my piwer wire is not big enough, i was told when i bought the distributon block that 8g would work and i dont need the 4g but the side where i put it in looks really big and looks like it needs 4 g, but i dont wanna re run power wire unless i have to. do you think its possible i blew a fuse somehow would that, make there be no power at all. and how do i know for sure on my speakers which is positive and negative. thanks

New Post 10-28-2006 06:50 PM
00chevymalibu

well i checked all my connections so i dont no what it would be unless i blew a fuse. does anyone know how i can check if the fuse on power wire blew?

New Post 10-29-2006 05:24 PM
00chevymalibu

just wanted to say thanks to anyone who helped me. i figured out the problem and now its up and running and sounds great thanks again.

New Post 10-30-2006 08:12 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting