Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > > reducer?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
uptonboy

reducer?

hi, my dads got a nissan patrol 4x4 with 24v everything. he has recently put a new head unit in its sum pioneer premier thing. anywho, if he leaves the fuse in an lets it go, one of the batteries goes completly dead after a while. how do i get around this? he says it might be somethng like a reducer or something or do i have to hook it up to both batteries so that it draws evenly? any help accepted. thanks

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 11-07-2006 04:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for uptonboy Click here to Send uptonboy a Private Message Find more posts by uptonboy Add uptonboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
uptonboy

anyone?

New Post 11-08-2006 06:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for uptonboy Click here to Send uptonboy a Private Message Find more posts by uptonboy Add uptonboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAPSniper

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 11-08-2006 by uptonboy
anyone?

I've never come across a car that ran on 24v. I didnt know you could even get 24v vehicle batteries.

New Post 11-08-2006 06:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAPSniper Click here to Send TAPSniper a Private Message Find more posts by TAPSniper Add TAPSniper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
uptonboy

well its got 2 12v batteries that the car needs both to start with. the cigarette lighter is 24v so had to get something for electric pump, charger etc. to be used.

New Post 11-08-2006 06:35 PM
TAPSniper

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 11-08-2006 by uptonboy
well its got 2 12v batteries that the car needs both to start with. the cigarette lighter is 24v so had to get something for electric pump, charger etc. to be used.

beats me. I honestly dont know. you figure you could get some kind of regulator or reducer down to 12v. but thats a tough one. note to self. never install anything in a Nissan Patrol...

New Post 11-08-2006 07:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAPSniper Click here to Send TAPSniper a Private Message Find more posts by TAPSniper Add TAPSniper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
uptonboy

lol yea. and all we wantd to do is listen to sum music

New Post 11-08-2006 09:24 PM
SQMonte

couldn't you just install a switch on that line?

New Post 11-09-2006 10:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SQMonte Click here to Send SQMonte a Private Message Find more posts by SQMonte Add SQMonte to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donsway

I looked the other night on this, and they do make deals to make the 24 volt come down to 12 volts. The thing cost like $400. for a small one.
Love the truck, looked it up too. The 24 volt thing is wild. Bet it will start right up fast. I have two Scouts (64, and 78) that looks alot like one. If you have pics. of it I would love to see it.

New Post 11-09-2006 10:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Donsway Click here to Send Donsway a Private Message Find more posts by Donsway Add Donsway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
uptonboy

quote:
Originally posted on 11-09-2006 by Donsway
I looked the other night on this, and they do make deals to make the 24 volt come down to 12 volts. The thing cost like $400. for a small one.
Love the truck, looked it up too. The 24 volt thing is wild. Bet it will start right up fast. I have two Scouts (64, and 78) that looks alot like one. If you have pics. of it I would love to see it.

haha well thats a waste of money for his car. nice cars, i got some pics but how do you put them up?

New Post 11-09-2006 04:21 PM
Donsway

You have to host it on a site like photo bucket. Then get the tag code from that site and put it on here:) Or you can try to send it to me on here and I will put it on. I think if you click on the pic. it will take you to the site I use:)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

New Post 11-09-2006 04:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Donsway Click here to Send Donsway a Private Message Find more posts by Donsway Add Donsway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
uptonboy

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 11-09-2006 by Donsway
You have to host it on a site like photo bucket. Then get the tag code from that site and put it on here:) Or you can try to send it to me on here and I will put it on. I think if you click on the pic. it will take you to the site I use:)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

ok thanks, this is it. it dusnt have any sounds in it, just waitn to buy the $80,000 dodge ram lol. Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

New Post 11-09-2006 05:14 PM
Donsway

What year is that? If you could find a amp to fun at 24 volts it would jam.LOL Looks like that thing will go good and the riders be very comfortable.

New Post 11-09-2006 05:20 PM
highwaymanace

You naad to go to a 4 Wheel drive shop they carry a range of 24v inverters, some 24v down to 12v, other that are veriable 24v adjustable to your needs which means you can set them to say 14.4 volts which is optimal for best running of most sound systems. my brother inlaw is in a 4x4 club and son too, they both run these!

New Post 11-09-2006 06:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for highwaymanace Click here to Send highwaymanace a Private Message Find more posts by highwaymanace Add highwaymanace to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
uptonboy

ok thanks all.

New Post 11-09-2006 07:45 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
NRred2, from New York, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kyat316, from Austin, TX. KickerBoy, from London Ontario, AL. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. pksimon28, from Plainfield, IL. jrdrywater, from pryor, OK. Dal1as, from , MD. djbeats, from Jacksonville, FL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. larcos, from El Paso, TX. Mauro, from Erechim, AL. geob1kenobi, from Joshua, TX. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. goldblum, from Yonkers, NY. lessismorespl, from da' Nasty, MI. OnYrMrk, from Oklahoma City, OK.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting