Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Other Mobile Electronics > Code Alarm CA-670 ?'s
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
xtremejeepguy

Code Alarm CA-670 ?'s

i am thinking about getting a Code alarm model CA-670 installed on my jeep. I dont know much about alarms but i know i want this one for its remote start and pager features. And what exactly does the On-Board Dual Zone IR-s Impact Sensor do? If my glass were to break would it set the alarm off? I know some alarms dont. I know some alarms dont even go off when you bump them. I just want my stuff to be protected. Any info and advice is greatly appreciated. and is it true remote starts burn your fuel pupms up?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 11-09-2006 01:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for xtremejeepguy Click here to Send xtremejeepguy a Private Message Find more posts by xtremejeepguy Add xtremejeepguy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
salcedohumberto

RE: Code Alarm CA-670 ?'s

quote:
Originally posted on 11-09-2006 by xtremejeepguy
i am thinking about getting a Code alarm model CA-670 installed on my jeep. I dont know much about alarms but i know i want this one for its remote start and pager features. And what exactly does the On-Board Dual Zone IR-s Impact Sensor do? If my glass were to break would it set the alarm off? I know some alarms dont. I know some alarms dont even go off when you bump them. I just want my stuff to be protected. Any info and advice is greatly appreciated. and is it true remote starts burn your fuel pupms up?

the On-Board Dual Zone IR-s Impact Sensor is a fancy way of saying that it comes with a t 2-stage Shock Sensor that is what it is....what does that mean? that the 1st tage feels mild hits and sends a warning chirp, and if the hit is strong enough it will triger the alarm (2nd stage)

if you ask me i prefer external shock sensors because i can place them where i want them to pick the vibration and to a place where is easy to reach if it needs to be readjusted...and trust me....theres always some tunning to do after you test it at home, work and places where you park...so it should be easy to reach and tweak

code alarm is a good company, however they almost went out of the market and now theyr getting back on it, but parts like remotes or shops who deal with code alarm are not many.

and no it does not burn ANYTHING in your car (if properly installed of course), all those stories are b.s by mechanichs who know sht or dealerships who do not want to honor warranties and want to charge you full parts and labor.

New Post 11-09-2006 09:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for salcedohumberto Click here to Send salcedohumberto a Private Message Find more posts by salcedohumberto Add salcedohumberto to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xtremejeepguy

RE: RE: Code Alarm CA-670 ?'s

quote:
Originally posted on 11-09-2006 by salcedohumberto
the On-Board Dual Zone IR-s Impact Sensor is a fancy way of saying that it comes with a t 2-stage Shock Sensor that is what it is....what does that mean? that the 1st tage feels mild hits and sends a warning chirp, and if the hit is strong enough it will triger the alarm (2nd stage)

if you ask me i prefer external shock sensors because i can place them where i want them to pick the vibration and to a place where is easy to reach if it needs to be readjusted...and trust me....theres always some tunning to do after you test it at home, work and places where you park...so it should be easy to reach and tweak

code alarm is a good company, however they almost went out of the market and now theyr getting back on it, but parts like remotes or shops who deal with code alarm are not many.

and no it does not burn ANYTHING in your car (if properly installed of course), all those stories are b.s by mechanichs who know sht or dealerships who do not want to honor warranties and want to charge you full parts and labor.

thanks alot...but what about the "glass break" sensor. Will it trigger the alarm if my glass was to be broken? This is a must on my alarm system.

New Post 11-10-2006 03:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for xtremejeepguy Click here to Send xtremejeepguy a Private Message Find more posts by xtremejeepguy Add xtremejeepguy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
salcedohumberto

RE: RE: RE: Code Alarm CA-670 ?'s

quote:
Originally posted on 11-10-2006 by xtremejeepguy
thanks alot...but what about the "glass break" sensor. Will it trigger the alarm if my glass was to be broken? This is a must on my alarm system.

a glass break sensor is totally diferent

the shock sensor picks up vibrations, like hits, bumps and such...now if i punch your glass and brake it, the shock sensor is going to triger the alarm because of the vibrations ive caused when i puched the glass

now there are diferent ways to break a glass and not make those vibrations, like with a ceramic or diamond (not likely theyr very expensive) point pens, you can actually hit the glass and break it, and not make any vibrations because is a sharp hit it shatters the glass...so shock sensor is not going to pick up anything

glass break sensor is a small microphone that picks up only high frequencies like when you hit your glass with a key or something, and that trigers the alarm.

so lets say i have a ceramic point pen and i go to your car, and before i hit of course i test the glass, once ive touch the glass with the pen that noise i made trigers the sensor...so i just walk away...but if you dont have a glass break sensor, and i test the glass and nothing happens, i know i can break your glass and wont get caught because i will not make any vibrations in the vehicle.

New Post 11-10-2006 01:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for salcedohumberto Click here to Send salcedohumberto a Private Message Find more posts by salcedohumberto Add salcedohumberto to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xtremejeepguy

RE: RE: RE: RE: Code Alarm CA-670 ?'s

quote:
Originally posted on 11-10-2006 by salcedohumberto
a glass break sensor is totally diferent

the shock sensor picks up vibrations, like hits, bumps and such...now if i punch your glass and brake it, the shock sensor is going to triger the alarm because of the vibrations ive caused when i puched the glass

now there are diferent ways to break a glass and not make those vibrations, like with a ceramic or diamond (not likely theyr very expensive) point pens, you can actually hit the glass and break it, and not make any vibrations because is a sharp hit it shatters the glass...so shock sensor is not going to pick up anything

glass break sensor is a small microphone that picks up only high frequencies like when you hit your glass with a key or something, and that trigers the alarm.

so lets say i have a ceramic point pen and i go to your car, and before i hit of course i test the glass, once ive touch the glass with the pen that noise i made trigers the sensor...so i just walk away...but if you dont have a glass break sensor, and i test the glass and nothing happens, i know i can break your glass and wont get caught because i will not make any vibrations in the vehicle.

man that really sucks that my window can be broke by a pen. I havent heard that one. I heard of the white part of a spark plug will shatter with no vibrations. So assuming i do have a glass break sensor you could still get around that too then. That sucks. So what would be the best protection against that? Im in college so i dont turn it up too much but my jeep is very modified on the outside and i know that attracts attention.

New Post 11-10-2006 02:21 PM
RFVega

Protection if glass & shock fail.

Dual Zone Microwave Radar Sensor.

Granted they can be kinda hard to set up correctly, but if done right, they will warn away with chirps/voice BEFORE they B&E with the exterior field. I have heard the arguments about every day people getting annoyed when they pass by, but just turn the exterior off except when in real danger (parked outside at night). I have a simple 12v toggle on my exterior.

As far as the interior field, make sure you adjust it to not extend outside the car. Anytime the punk(s) make initial entry (even a arm reaching into the vehicle if you leave your windows down) the alarm will immediately trigger into full mode.

If you don't want to deal with the exterior field, just get a single zone with interior. It is a GREAT back up in case glass & shock fail!

New Post 11-10-2006 03:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RFVega Click here to Send RFVega a Private Message Find more posts by RFVega Add RFVega to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
salcedohumberto

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: Code Alarm CA-670 ?'s

quote:
Originally posted on 11-10-2006 by xtremejeepguy
man that really sucks that my window can be broke by a pen. I havent heard that one. I heard of the white part of a spark plug will shatter with no vibrations. So assuming i do have a glass break sensor you could still get around that too then. That sucks. So what would be the best protection against that? Im in college so i dont turn it up too much but my jeep is very modified on the outside and i know that attracts attention.

no you got it wrong...if you have a glass break sensor they can not get around it

when you hit the glass with the pen you make NOISE...not VIBRATION...because of that the Shock Sensor does not pick up anything...but the Glass Break Sensor picks up that Noise withe the small MIC that it has built in, that is what it does...go to a glass and hit it softly with a key...hear that sound? that sound is what trigers the glass break sensor

the white part of the spark plug is ceramic...same thing...you can actually spit from your mouth the ceramic tip of the spark plug and shatter the whole glass with no vibrations....of course you make NOISE when you Hit the glass and when the glass Breaks too...but if you dont have a glass break sensor then nothing happens with the alarm

also get that 2 stage proximity sensor, is true is dificult or rather painfull to calibrate properly but is worth it...the 1st stage is a warning chipr if somebody walks nearby....2nd stage is inside the car and is a triger, if you leave your windows down and you slide your hand inside without even touching anything it trigers the alarm.

New Post 11-10-2006 04:54 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
kaotiksyko, from , CO. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting