Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Pioneer or JVC!
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TimJecks

Pioneer or JVC!

ok, I have some questions. I have heard that the pioneer 5800 has a aux input! I have also heard that it doesn't. Which one? I am also looking at the JVC KD-G820. If this unit cannot do this could you to me a unit that can in the same price range? This has a front usb. Can you plug in an 80gb hard drive into this usb? Do you have to use special hard drive or just a normal computer external hard drive. In your experience which company would you take?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 11-14-2006 05:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TimJecks Click here to Send TimJecks a Private Message Find more posts by TimJecks Add TimJecks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Luther

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069880_291063713,00.html

New Post 11-14-2006 09:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Luther Click here to Send Luther a Private Message Find more posts by Luther Add Luther to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1BAD86VMAX

If you want your cd's skipping every time you hit a bump, fart or turn the bass up , buy a JVC .

New Post 11-15-2006 10:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for 1BAD86VMAX Click here to Send 1BAD86VMAX a Private Message Find more posts by 1BAD86VMAX Add 1BAD86VMAX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TAPSniper

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 11-15-2006 by 1BAD86VMAX
If you want your cd's skipping every time you hit a bump, fart or turn the bass up , buy a JVC .

this has got to be one of the biggest bullshit statements of the year.

New Post 11-15-2006 08:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAPSniper Click here to Send TAPSniper a Private Message Find more posts by TAPSniper Add TAPSniper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
9oh7

i don't think that guys has a very good vocab, or he just isn't the greatest authority on car audio. lol. so if it were me personally pioneer, they are a great unit and good quality. i am buying one myself here soon.

New Post 11-15-2006 09:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 9oh7 Click here to Send 9oh7 a Private Message Find more posts by 9oh7 Add 9oh7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1BAD86VMAX

9OH7 I was competing in car audio competitions when you were a sperm , swimming in your daddy's nutsack . So trust me when I say JVC sucks .

New Post 11-15-2006 09:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 1BAD86VMAX Click here to Send 1BAD86VMAX a Private Message Find more posts by 1BAD86VMAX Add 1BAD86VMAX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1BAD86VMAX

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 11-15-2006 by TAPSniper

TAPSniper Please tell us all why my statement is bullshit . Please look at the top 25 installs in every class on this site . Tell me how many JVC headunits you find .You won't find very many . You know there is a reason for that .

New Post 11-15-2006 09:45 PM
9oh7

actually the ranking system on this site is mostly a big joke...but it has gotten MUCH better than it had been. but the your gross over generalization that all JVC head units are awful pieces of crap and skip on every bump is just absurd. i mean my sister clarion skips on big bumps. are there better quality units?? yeah, but you pay the price for them.

if it were me and i was looking for a budget player i would go panisonic because they seem to be a GREAT deal for the buy. even though there is better stuff out there.

New Post 11-15-2006 09:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 9oh7 Click here to Send 9oh7 a Private Message Find more posts by 9oh7 Add 9oh7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1BAD86VMAX

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 11-15-2006 by 9oh7
actually the ranking system on this site is mostly a big joke...but it has gotten MUCH better than it had been. but the your gross over generalization that all JVC head units are awful pieces of crap and skip on every bump is just absurd. i mean my sister clarion skips on big bumps. are there better quality units?? yeah, but you pay the price for them.

if it were me and i was looking for a budget player i would go panisonic because they seem to be a GREAT deal for the buy. even though there is better stuff out there.

How many JVC's have you owned ?

New Post 11-15-2006 10:01 PM
TAPSniper

quote:
Originally posted on 11-15-2006 by 1BAD86VMAX
How many JVC's have you owned ?

I have personally owned quite a few. along with Kenwood, Panasonic, Clarion, and Alpine. and for a statement like that, its utter crap. in fact, of ALL the units, I have had the LEAST amount of problems with JVC in terms of Skipping. I have done enough installs to consider myself adept at Pioneer Premier as well. But if you insist on giving out bullshit advice like this, please do it on another forum. or at least state its only an opinion. As for your statement about the top installs on this site using JVC? Tell me, how many of these top installs use Nakamichi? exactly, your test is flawed.

New Post 11-15-2006 11:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TAPSniper Click here to Send TAPSniper a Private Message Find more posts by TAPSniper Add TAPSniper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1BAD86VMAX

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
I have personally owned quite a few. along with Kenwood, Panasonic, Clarion, and Alpine. and for a statement like that, its utter crap. in fact, of ALL the units, I have had the LEAST amount of problems with JVC in terms of Skipping. I have done enough installs to consider myself adept at Pioneer Premier as well. But if you insist on giving out bullshit advice like this, please do it on another forum. or at least state its only an opinion. As for your statement about the top installs on this site using JVC? Tell me, how many of these top installs use Nakamichi? exactly, your test is flawed.

You have done enough installs ? I've seen your install galleries ???????????????? It looks to me like you've had the same equipment for a long time , and your only 22 years old . So tell me , how many JVC's have you owned ? If you have not had at least 4 different models in a car for at least a year each , don't even pretend you know what your talking about .

New Post 11-16-2006 07:58 AM
psylo535

quote:

i agree(bullshit statemet). i have a jvc head unit and it never skips.not even when i fart or crank up the bass all the way

New Post 11-16-2006 12:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for psylo535 Click here to Send psylo535 a Private Message Find more posts by psylo535 Add psylo535 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1BAD86VMAX

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 11-16-2006 by fordfreak
Well let's see. I'v had ......about 12.Of which two were jvc. Along with alpine, clarion, pioneer, panasonic,Craig and I'm sure I missed a few. Although the jvc's weren't my favorite, I wouldn't make a semi-ridiculous statement like you did. You can state your opinion and still maintain a certain amount of credibility. Although beings that your 39 yrs old , I should be able to assume that you grew up by now and you know how to conduct yourself on the net.

fordfreak I have had 4 of them dating back to 1983. The last one I threw in the trash was 2000 . And I only put them in my non competition cars(everyday drivers). After the first couple skipped repeatetly , I told myself maybe it was just the model . I always bought middle of the road decks for my everyday drivers . The last one I purchased was a top of the line model . I paid $399.00 for it . This one not only skipped when you hit bumps (railroad tracks , potholes ,speedbumps etc , but it also skipped very bad when the base goes above 130 DB . My sister & nephew also have JVC decks , there's does the same exact thing . That is a total of 6 JVC radio's , all doing the same thing . I have owned 7 Alpine's & 5 Pioneer's and never a problem . By the way , I am well aware of how to conduct myself on the web . What would you say about Ford , if everyone that you came into contact with , was a piece of shit???????

New Post 11-16-2006 01:22 PM
1BAD86VMAX

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 11-16-2006 by fordfreak
I agreed with you to a certain extent. I wasn't crazy about jvc's myself. You could state your opinion in a little more civilized manner and you might be taken a little more seriously. Also the fords that I own do leave a bit to be desired. I would probobly disourage someone from buying one simply by stating my experiences. It's all in the delivery.

Your user name is FORDFREAK , but you would discourage someone from buying one ????????? I have owned my 2001 F150 Supercrew for 3 years & 45,000 miles . Not one problem ever , the best vehicle I have ever owned .

New Post 11-16-2006 02:43 PM
TAPSniper

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 11-16-2006 by 1BAD86VMAX
You have done enough installs ? I've seen your install galleries ???????????????? It looks to me like you've had the same equipment for a long time , and your only 22 years old . So tell me , how many JVC's have you owned ? If you have not had at least 4 different models in a car for at least a year each , don't even pretend you know what your talking about .

#1. I dont place all my installs in my galleries. only my own personal vehicles. #2. most of the installs I do are very boring, HU/Subs setups. #3 just becuase Im 22, doesnt mean I dont know my shit. #4 You dont need a HU in a car for a year to know whether it is good or not. #5 and No, I havnt had the same equipment for a long time. infact, the only piece of equipment I have had for more than a year, is my kenwood amp. P.S. its really easy to say "your 22 you dont know shit" on the web, but if we met face to face, Im sure you would be singing a different tune. BTW, you say you owned a JVC deck in 1983, tell me, how exactly does a cassette deck skip? or are you going to try and tell me that it was a CD deck in 1983? riight. Also, ive seen your Gallery, and to take advice or even a remote suggestion from someone who runs with caustic, that IS downright stupid.

New Post 11-16-2006 08:31 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting