Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > More SPL then 2 Type R's, Opinions Appreciated
Go Back Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SkuZz902

More SPL then 2 Type R's, Opinions Appreciated

Im thinking about getting new subs and box cause i want something that will hit harder. Right now i have 2 12" Type R's 3.6cu ported tuned to 42hz @1ohm with a soundstream Ref Class A 6.0 and they sound great but just want something different. Im looking to spend $275 for the sub/s. any opinions wanted. brand/size/how many dont matter.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 12-21-2006 02:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SkuZz902 Click here to Send SkuZz902 a Private Message Find more posts by SkuZz902 Add SkuZz902 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoudAssGeo

RE: More SPL then 2 Type R's, Opinions Appreciated

quote:
Originally posted on 12-21-2006 by SkuZz902
Im thinking about getting new subs and box cause i want something that will hit harder. Right now i have 2 12" Type R's 3.6cu ported tuned to 42hz @1ohm with a soundstream Ref Class A 6.0 and they sound great but just want something different. Im looking to spend $275 for the sub/s. any opinions wanted. brand/size/how many dont matter.

275 a piece?? or together? lol try kicker L5 or L7 i went from a type r 12 to a L5 12 and it hits harder just not as clean

New Post 12-21-2006 08:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LoudAssGeo Click here to Send LoudAssGeo a Private Message Find more posts by LoudAssGeo Add LoudAssGeo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rhino

xxx

Originally posted on 12-19-2006 by alteraudiousa i've never had an infinity perfect get me anywhere close to 140dbs on the new mics. I never liked them and if even thinking of going that route, ED is a better sub and close to in price. SI Mags, Fi Q, and SS RL-p will get you where you need to go.

originally posted buy rhino...

which kappas were they mine are rated right of the bat at 94 spl any ways those rl-p's are nice to so is every thing else you suggest one problem it a little cheaper to replace the cone on the solo x then it is to buy new woofers with the solo-x it will put ya at about 146-147 some were around there depending on how good of a box you build and he is right about the subs getting you were you need to go till you rip a cone 200 to replace a solo-x cone and 500 to replace two rl-p's from soundsplinter.com so your already saving doe if you go with a solo-x but if it's comps your after then look at what he suggested those subs can put out 150+ depending on the system any ways good luck to ya guys..........

those soundsplinter are not bad tell you the truth i think they are 250 each but as you can see my thoughts on a non replaceable cone speaker any ways the above post was copy pasted good luck to ya rhino.............

New Post 12-21-2006 08:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rhino Click here to Send Rhino a Private Message Find more posts by Rhino Add Rhino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoudAssGeo

RE: xxx

quote:
Originally posted on 12-21-2006 by Rhino
Originally posted on 12-19-2006 by alteraudiousa i've never had an infinity perfect get me anywhere close to 140dbs on the new mics. I never liked them and if even thinking of going that route, ED is a better sub and close to in price. SI Mags, Fi Q, and SS RL-p will get you where you need to go.

which kappas were they mine are rated right of the bat at 94 spl any ways those rl-p's are nice to so is every thing else you suggest one problem it a little cheaper to replace the cone on the solo x then it is to buy new woofers with the solo-x it will put ya at about 146-147 some were around there depending on how good of a box you build and he is right about the subs getting you were you need to go till you rip a cone 200 to replace a solo-x cone and 500 to replace two rl-p's from soundsplinter.com so your already saving doe if you go with a solo-x but if it's comps your after then look at what he suggested those subs can put out 150+ depending on the system any ways good luck to ya guys..........

those soundsplinter are not bad tell you the truth i think they are 250 each but as you can see my thoughts on a non replaceable cone speaker any ways the above post was copy pasted good luck to ya rhino.............

not to sound stupid, but i am lost. he was asking for brand/model suggestions. not captions from other sights

New Post 12-21-2006 08:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LoudAssGeo Click here to Send LoudAssGeo a Private Message Find more posts by LoudAssGeo Add LoudAssGeo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoudAssGeo

quote:

not to sound stupid, but i am lost. he was asking for brand/model suggestions. not captions from other sights

New Post 12-21-2006 08:35 AM
Rhino

RE: RE: xxx

quote:
Originally posted on 12-21-2006 by LoudAssGeo

they are suggested you just missed it there at www.soundsplinter.com and they are the rl-p 15 inch or 12 inch subs plus the fact that others are suggesting them is a big plus for him.

New Post 12-21-2006 08:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rhino Click here to Send Rhino a Private Message Find more posts by Rhino Add Rhino to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoudAssGeo

RE: RE: RE: xxx

quote:
they are suggested you just missed it there at www.soundsplinter.com and they are the rl-p 15 inch or 12 inch subs plus the fact that others are suggesting them is a big plus for him.

ok, go with what you want. personally for 275 a piece i would either stay with what you have now or go with kicker. hell take the 275 and then sell your alpines and use the money to go with the original budget

New Post 12-21-2006 09:01 AM
Rhino

xxx

not sure if that was 275 x2 or 275x1 if it times 1 then what about the infinty caps at crutchfield buy one get one free if you can come up with a extra 25 they got free shipping and and can get 4 of them any ways heres the link rhino...............

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-fYbi44vDnEJ/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=520&I=108PER101

New Post 12-21-2006 09:40 AM
LoudAssGeo

quote:
not sure if that was 275 x2 or 275x1 if it times 1 then what about the infinty caps at crutchfield buy one get one free if you can come up with a extra 25 they got free shipping and and can get 4 of them any ways heres the link rhino...............

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-fYbi44vDnEJ/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=520&I=108PER101

but those subs are no way better than the type rs

New Post 12-21-2006 09:41 AM
Rhino

RE: RE: xxx

quote:
but those subs are no way better than the type rs

4 compare to two at 94 spl each there going to be close and a little louder i think. for the reason he on a budget so for may be louder

New Post 12-21-2006 09:47 AM
LoudAssGeo

RE: RE: RE: xxx

quote:
4 compare to two at 94 spl each there going to be close and a little louder i think. for the reason he on a budget so for may be louder

ok man, really you NEED TO THINK!!!!!!! i understand for the budget you COULD get 4 subs, what about the amp??? surely his amp couldnt handle the load(maybe it can) what about the enclosure?? that will put him way out seeing how he would have to have one built. man please if you can use some logic please dont waste time replying

New Post 12-21-2006 10:23 AM
Rhino

RE: RE: RE: RE: xxx

quote:
ok man, really you NEED TO THINK!!!!!!! i understand for the budget you COULD get 4 subs, what about the amp??? surely his amp couldnt handle the load(maybe it can) what about the enclosure?? that will put him way out seeing how he would have to have one built. man please if you can use some logic please dont waste time replying

wtf what are you smoking so your telling me it wont work for one all he need is 600 watts at 1 ohm rms so he does not need a new amp he already has it and did he state that he was getting and enclosure any ways lay of the rocks this early we don't need these type of posts

New Post 12-21-2006 11:20 AM
LoudAssGeo

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: xxx

quote:
wtf what are you smoking so your telling me it wont work for one all he need is 600 watts at 1 ohm rms so he does not need a new amp he already has it and did he state that he was getting and enclosure any ways lay of the rocks this early we don't need these type of posts

but you have to use reason. he just said i am looking to go bigger and stated a min budget. he never said he wanted quad. i mean yea a guy could ask for advise on a system that will be louder and a smart butt could say build a wall and put in 40 12's. think logically. he had dual subs. he wanted to change it up a bit with a moderate budget.did you even ask what it was going in before you suggested using 4 12's?? geeeez

New Post 12-21-2006 11:54 AM
Rhino

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: xxx

quote:
but you have to use reason. he just said i am looking to go bigger and stated a min budget. he never said he wanted quad. i mean yea a guy could ask for advise on a system that will be louder and a smart butt could say build a wall and put in 40 12's. think logically. he had dual subs. he wanted to change it up a bit with a moderate budget.did you even ask what it was going in before you suggested using 4 12's?? geeeez

like i said lay off the rocks and learn to read. it was 4-10's by the way

New Post 12-21-2006 12:03 PM
LoudAssGeo

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: xxx

quote:
like i said lay off the rocks and learn to read. it was 4-10's by the way

this is coming from some internet idiot with no gallery. how does someone that doesnt post pics expect to give out advise when they are too scared to show they stuff off?? dude, i am not the only one that thinks your a fool. i have followed alot of your post and people give you crap all the time for being stupid. oh and genius, if a guy had 2 12's why not just BUY 2 more to make 4 of the 2 he already had instead of buying 4 10s?? most people who wanted big bass would run 4 12's over 10s. oh wait why not suggest him to get 100 15's. dude people are laughing at you not with you. give it up and quit replying to these post and wasting our time

New Post 12-21-2006 12:16 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting