Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > > What am I missing, am I ready?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
garcia5150

What am I missing, am I ready?

Almost ready for the trunk install but I feal like I'm missing something. I already have the following: R.F. T112D4 POWER 4 OHM 12" SUB 1200W. R.F. POWER T5002 AMPLIFIER 2-CH AMP. DUAL 12" SLOT PORTED VENTED SUB BOX 3/4" MDF. R.F. 1 Farad Digital Capacitor CPCD10-03. R.F. 4-Gauge Deluxe Complete Amp Power Kit. 4 Sq. Ft R.F Sound Dampening Mat Dead SKin. A Pioneer DEH-P6600 running things with high-pass (50/80/125Hz, -12dB/Oct) and low-pass (50/80/125Hz, -18dB/Oct., +/-12dB) crossovers, 3 RCA pre-outs, built-in MOSFET 50 x 4, 3-band Parametric EQ, Sound Focus EQ (independent front/rear control of bass and treble) and EQ-EX is already in the car. Am I missing anything or do you have any suggestions before I have everything installed?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 01-04-2007 06:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for garcia5150 Click here to Send garcia5150 a Private Message Find more posts by garcia5150 Add garcia5150 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garcia5150

RE: RE: What am I missing, am I ready?

quote:
Originally posted on 01-04-2007 by andymtx
4 channel amp???? The Pioneer is rated at 22w x 4 rms, if you think that is enough to keep up with your sub? That's all I can think of.

I'm only using the amp to run the subs(bridged). The amp is just what I need for the 12's. What would the benefits of a 4-channel be? The deck has been enough to run the interior speakers so far. It's rated at 50Wx4. Will this install change the performance of my deck to the interior? If so what do I need to keep my deck running the interior before I install all the rest for the trunk?

New Post 01-04-2007 07:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for garcia5150 Click here to Send garcia5150 a Private Message Find more posts by garcia5150 Add garcia5150 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1BAD86VMAX

RE: RE: RE: RE: What am I missing, am I ready?

quote:
I know your deck says 50wx4 right on it, but that is peak power. Read the fine print of your owners manual, it is 22wx4 continuous. I like a well balanced system with not tons of bass and I always run amps on my front/rear speakers. Personally I do not know how much bass you like, I just see everyday that people come in and have too much bass and it drowns out their highs. Eventually they buy a 4 channel amp. I am just answering your question as to what else you need. I think eventually you will want to rev up the rest of your speakers, no time like the present.

If your used to your head unit powering your highs, buy a 4 channel to run them and you'll think you died and went to heaven .

New Post 01-04-2007 08:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 1BAD86VMAX Click here to Send 1BAD86VMAX a Private Message Find more posts by 1BAD86VMAX Add 1BAD86VMAX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garcia5150

RE: RE: RE: RE: What am I missing, am I ready?

quote:
I know your deck says 50wx4 right on it, but that is peak power. Read the fine print of your owners manual, it is 22wx4 continuous. I like a well balanced system with not tons of bass and I always run amps on my front/rear speakers. Personally I do not know how much bass you like, I just see everyday that people come in and have too much bass and it drowns out their highs. Eventually they buy a 4 channel amp. I am just answering your question as to what else you need. I think eventually you will want to rev up the rest of your speakers, no time like the present.

You nailed my next project on the head, but this step hurt the bank account. I am planning on upgradeing the interior also, but I just really need some bump in the trunk first. So hardware wise I should be good? I don't have to have a seperate EQ or any other crossovers? How benificial are terminal clamps? I was planning on compenents in the front and 4-ways in the back with a seperate amp for the mids and highs. What do you think?

New Post 01-04-2007 08:33 PM
garcia5150

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: What am I missing, am I ready?

quote:
Originally posted on 01-04-2007 by 1BAD86VMAX
If your used to your head unit powering your highs, buy a 4 channel to run them and you'll think you died and went to heaven .

The mids and highs are still stock so I don't think they can handle a amp. Once I upgrade those, I was planning on a seperate 4 channel amp for those.

New Post 01-04-2007 08:35 PM
yoda06

If you're going for bass, mighty fine set-up there. Good source unit as well. The only thing that may need altered is the wiring. If you're running lots of power later, the 4 gauge may not be enough. I'm not an expert on it, but something for the others here to take a look at.

New Post 01-04-2007 08:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for yoda06 Click here to Send yoda06 a Private Message Find more posts by yoda06 Add yoda06 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
frpower

All rockford power series amps do recommend using 1awg power and ground,but with this being the smallest power series amp,it will probably be okay,if he does put the 4channel amp in later,the technical correct thing to do would be 1awg power and ground,with a distribution block,but yeah should put the larger wire in now.

New Post 01-04-2007 09:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for frpower Click here to Send frpower a Private Message Find more posts by frpower Add frpower to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1BAD86VMAX

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-04-2007 by yoda06
If you're going for bass, mighty fine set-up there. Good source unit as well. The only thing that may need altered is the wiring. If you're running lots of power later, the 4 gauge may not be enough. I'm not an expert on it, but something for the others here to take a look at.

Yoda is right . If you plan on running a 4 channel amp for your highs , in the future . You might consider running either 2 guage or 0 guage now . Save yourself from doing it down the road .

New Post 01-04-2007 09:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 1BAD86VMAX Click here to Send 1BAD86VMAX a Private Message Find more posts by 1BAD86VMAX Add 1BAD86VMAX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
garcia5150

Thanks for the advise everyone. I will look into larger wireing, for now and later uses. What are the hottest brand on the market for the full install kit? As you can tell I'm a huge R.F. fan but I do understand they don't lead the way on wireing. What should I look into?

New Post 01-04-2007 10:23 PM
frpower

Theres a lot of brands brands,streetwires,rf,jl,knukonceptz,tusamni,ive always used streetwires and had good luck with them,www.partsexpress.com has good prices on streetwires stuff,if your a big fan of rockford check out my install in my bronco,hope ive helped some take care.

New Post 01-04-2007 10:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for frpower Click here to Send frpower a Private Message Find more posts by frpower Add frpower to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yoda06

knukonceptz is very good too. Great prices, and the wires are pretty flexible with very solid coatings.

New Post 01-05-2007 12:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for yoda06 Click here to Send yoda06 a Private Message Find more posts by yoda06 Add yoda06 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting