Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Having problems with Pioneer DEH-P6800MP
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pumpingiron

Having problems with Pioneer DEH-P6800MP

I just bought this and got it installed. I wanted to hook my IPOD to the AUX input but its not working. I push the button to open the face and plug my IPOD in but the face does not close back up and if I push the source button AUX does not appear. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 01-18-2007 05:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pumpingiron Click here to Send pumpingiron a Private Message Find more posts by pumpingiron Add pumpingiron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joker656

RE: Having problems with Pioneer DEH-P6800MP

quote:
Originally posted on 01-18-2007 by pumpingiron
I just bought this and got it installed. I wanted to hook my IPOD to the AUX input but its not working. I push the button to open the face and plug my IPOD in but the face does not close back up and if I push the source button AUX does not appear. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks in advance

Hey. Press and hold the "source" button til the system turns off. Then press and hold the nob button til you the unit turns on and give you more setting. In here, you can turn on the AUX.

New Post 01-19-2007 01:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for joker656 Click here to Send joker656 a Private Message Find more posts by joker656 Add joker656 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pumpingiron

Thanks I will give that a try tomorrow. Cheers

New Post 01-19-2007 01:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pumpingiron Click here to Send pumpingiron a Private Message Find more posts by pumpingiron Add pumpingiron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pumpingiron

RE: RE: Having problems with Pioneer DEH-P6800MP

quote:
Originally posted on 01-19-2007 by joker656
Hey. Press and hold the "source" button til the system turns off. Then press and hold the nob button til you the unit turns on and give you more setting. In here, you can turn on the AUX.

I tried that this morning and it didnt work. It only shows "entertainment" "audio" and "function" none of those have the AUX settings in them. Anyone else know? I am almost ready to bring this back and get something else....Very frustrating

New Post 01-19-2007 04:07 PM
Ryan21

RE: RE: RE: Having problems with Pioneer DEH-P6800MP

quote:
Originally posted on 01-19-2007 by pumpingiron
I tried that this morning and it didnt work. It only shows "entertainment" "audio" and "function" none of those have the AUX settings in them. Anyone else know? I am almost ready to bring this back and get something else....Very frustrating

I believe in this case you still have the cd power on. Shut the cd player off altogether. Then push in and hold the control knob(big one in the middle). you are seeing "entertainment" "audio" and "function" because u need to tuen the power off.

New Post 01-19-2007 05:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Ryan21 Click here to Send Ryan21 a Private Message Find more posts by Ryan21 Add Ryan21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joker656

I have the same model, I dont see whats wrong. Make sure you have the unit TURN OFF, then you hit the knot button.

New Post 01-20-2007 01:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for joker656 Click here to Send joker656 a Private Message Find more posts by joker656 Add joker656 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pumpingiron

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-20-2007 by joker656
I have the same model, I dont see whats wrong. Make sure you have the unit TURN OFF, then you hit the knot button.

Just to clarify this incase there is some confusion. I am using the Aux input in the front of the deck not at the back. I am using a Aux plug which plugs into my IPOD with a 2.5mm adapter to plug into the front. I phoned Pioneer today and they said it should just read the device but since I am not using a "Pioneer" cord which they dont even sell they cannot help me. Thanks in advance. I will try again tomorrow but I did try it as you guys described. I turn off the stereo, leave it turned off and press the large knob and it does nothing. I have tried it with the IPOD plugged into it and when it is not plugged into it. I even reset the system and it still did not work.

New Post 01-20-2007 01:30 AM
pumpingiron

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-20-2007 by pumpingiron
Just to clarify this incase there is some confusion. I am using the Aux input in the front of the deck not at the back. I am using a Aux plug which plugs into my IPOD with a 2.5mm adapter to plug into the front. I phoned Pioneer today and they said it should just read the device but since I am not using a "Pioneer" cord which they dont even sell they cannot help me. Thanks in advance. I will try again tomorrow but I did try it as you guys described. I turn off the stereo, leave it turned off and press the large knob and it does nothing. I have tried it with the IPOD plugged into it and when it is not plugged into it. I even reset the system and it still did not work.

OK I just got it to work. Just took a couple times LOL Is the face supposed to stay in the open position when the Aux is connected, because when I push the close button it just beeps at me and doesnt close. Thanks again everyone for helping me.

New Post 01-20-2007 01:38 AM
joker656

Its supposed to close...in fact, it dont even have to open to plug in the 2.5mm plug. I just push the "source" button til it say AUX with the 2.5mm plug in, then everything should be ready to go. I have it hook up to my laptop, that way people can watch movies in my car and for when I dont have a song I have on CD, I can use my laptop.

New Post 01-20-2007 02:59 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting