Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > Help choosing an amplifer.
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
00chevymalibu

Help choosing an amplifer.

im thinking about going with these Kicker DCVR122 2 Ohm Final Impedance - Dual 12" CompVR Loaded Vented Enclosure 05DCVR122. heres the link http://sonicelectronix.com/item_3867.html# I want an amplifer for the subs. any help is apreciated thanks.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 01-19-2007 11:37 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for 00chevymalibu Click here to Send 00chevymalibu a Private Message Find more posts by 00chevymalibu Add 00chevymalibu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N2Audio

budget?

New Post 01-19-2007 01:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N2Audio

OK (MA Audio)

Nice PG Octane

Real nice Alpine

New Post 01-19-2007 01:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
00chevymalibu

well i dont really have one because i dont know how much the amp i would need to push the subs would cost. but noting crazy mabye 200-250

New Post 01-19-2007 01:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 00chevymalibu Click here to Send 00chevymalibu a Private Message Find more posts by 00chevymalibu Add 00chevymalibu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
00chevymalibu

how would i wire them to get 2 ohms with the alpine?

New Post 01-19-2007 01:28 PM
N2Audio

the enclosure IS 2 ohms

couldn't be more straightforward.

New Post 01-19-2007 02:13 PM
00chevymalibu

thanks for all the help. i apreciate it.

New Post 01-19-2007 07:32 PM
00chevymalibu

one more question on the alpine i dont see an out put for rcas so how would i hook up my other amp for my speakers thanks.

New Post 01-19-2007 09:40 PM
N2Audio

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-19-2007 by 00chevymalibu
one more question on the alpine i dont see an out put for rcas so how would i hook up my other amp for my speakers thanks.

the 650 doesn't have them -- didn't know it was a necessity.

Check out the mrd-m605 at onlinecarstereo.com. It's a step up quality-wise from the 650, only ~$10 more with shipping and has pre-outs.

New Post 01-19-2007 10:50 PM
00chevymalibu

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-19-2007 by N2Audio
the 650 doesn't have them -- didn't know it was a necessity.

Check out the mrd-m605 at onlinecarstereo.com. It's a step up quality-wise from the 650, only ~$10 more with shipping and has pre-outs.

thanks alot sorry i did not make it clear the first time. once again your help is apreciated thanks alot Jim.

New Post 01-19-2007 10:58 PM
00chevymalibu

would 4 guage wire from battery to d block then to 8g to the two amps be over doing it? so just to make sure i got it down. ill take the wire from both + off the sub box and connect it to the + terminal on the amp and same for negative, or should i splice it and make it one then connect to the amp?

New Post 01-20-2007 05:10 PM
corea89

all those amps put our right about 600 watts and considering the rms is 600 total wouldn't an lil more powerful amp be better like about maby 700 -800 watts???

New Post 01-20-2007 09:50 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for corea89 Click here to Send corea89 a Private Message Find more posts by corea89 Add corea89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fuzzter57

If I have 2 subs that are rated at 1000w each, how big of an amp do I need?

New Post 01-20-2007 10:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for fuzzter57 Click here to Send fuzzter57 a Private Message Find more posts by fuzzter57 Add fuzzter57 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
corea89

i have two comp vr 12's dual 2 ohms each if i hooked them up to a 2 ohm load what do u guys think about using this amp? http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail. aspx?ProductID=14803 with 900 watts at 2 ohms i think is should Pound

New Post 01-20-2007 10:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for corea89 Click here to Send corea89 a Private Message Find more posts by corea89 Add corea89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
00chevymalibu

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 01-20-2007 by corea89
i have two comp vr 12's dual 2 ohms each if i hooked them up to a 2 ohm load what do u guys think about using this amp? http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail. aspx?ProductID=14803 with 900 watts at 2 ohms i think is should Pound

well im no expert so i dont know if puttting to much power to them will damage them or not.

New Post 01-20-2007 10:56 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting