Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > > polyfill in sealed box...good for sql?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
joshwill0001

polyfill in sealed box...good for sql?

Read a lot of shit on polyfill but seems pretty ambiguous. I do not have the room for ported box's (for twin L7 12inch solo barics) so going to have to have sealed box's. Would polyfill add to the sound quality of subs? Not interested in SPL whatsoever, i have a 1000x1 running to each so power is no porblem but sound ceratinly is. What purpose does it serve? If it is a good idea then how should it be done? Some say coat teh walls with a spray, some say fill the box with pillow fill. Clarifications of what to do in what situation would be good... I (will) have 2 L7 12 inch solo barics (running at 1ohm) off 2 crossfire VR1000D amps if that helps. Thanks guys

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 02-02-2007 09:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for joshwill0001 Click here to Send joshwill0001 a Private Message Find more posts by joshwill0001 Add joshwill0001 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N2Audio

all it does is make the box perform as a slightly larger box. To get that effect I THINK the box needs to be stuffed. One lb per cu ft is the general rule.

However, if you have enough room to make the box as large as specified I don't think polyfill would be worth messing with.

New Post 02-02-2007 10:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

polyfill does help a little though. I put polyfill in my sealed box and the lower hz don't resonate as much as when the box was empty

New Post 02-02-2007 10:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joshwill0001

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-02-2007 by gameguru1360
polyfill does help a little though. I put polyfill in my sealed box and the lower hz don't resonate as much as when the box was empty

Thanks n2 and gameguru, kicker website recommends sealed between 0.88 and 2.0 cubic foot (per sub). i am going to be looking at 1.6 cubic foot sealed per sub (should have specified that earlier, sorry)...polyfill recommended? If so what and where? SQL as importance...(i can shit easy enough without SPL encouragement) cheers guys

New Post 02-02-2007 11:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for joshwill0001 Click here to Send joshwill0001 a Private Message Find more posts by joshwill0001 Add joshwill0001 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

you should be able to find polyfill really cheap at your local crafts store. The Michaels and Joanne's chain stores that mostly sell quilting supplies has polyfill. I got a 20oz bag for under $5. I went with the curly material. there is also a cotton material, but it looked as if it came in 1 big roll. The curly material looked bulkier and looked as if it would bunch up better if you stuffed it inside an enclosure.

New Post 02-02-2007 11:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joshwill0001

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-02-2007 by gameguru1360
you should be able to find polyfill really cheap at your local crafts store. The Michaels and Joanne's chain stores that mostly sell quilting supplies has polyfill. I got a 20oz bag for under $5. I went with the curly material. there is also a cotton material, but it looked as if it came in 1 big roll. The curly material looked bulkier and looked as if it would bunch up better if you stuffed it inside an enclosure.

Sweet...can prob find something somewhere. Installation instrcutions? Sealed box, so across all the walls, only the back, only sides.....etc....??????

New Post 02-02-2007 11:38 AM
gameguru1360

I put in polyfill according to the general rule, but with the curly polyfill, it's easier to mold so I try to form it so that it covers all 4 sides. I think the cottony polyfill will only cover the bottom and the sides unless you have the sub pointing upwards

New Post 02-02-2007 12:28 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting