Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > > Simple splits question
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
joshwill0001

Simple splits question

Another simple question for someone...I am intending to run my splits through separate channels (one channel for the tweeter; one channel for the mid), I have separate active crossovers to handle that side of things. My question is my MB Quartz PCE216 have an RMS rating of 130 watt...does that mean that each component is rated at 130 watt or that the tweeter handles 60 watt and the mid handles 70 watt or something entirely different? Cheers guys

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 02-22-2007 05:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for joshwill0001 Click here to Send joshwill0001 a Private Message Find more posts by joshwill0001 Add joshwill0001 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
squeak9798

Well, if it's rated for 130w then that means you should be able to safely apply 130w to the input side of the passive xover (assuming your highpass point/slope allows the mid to mechanically handle that much power).

Now, with that said....they may have a kind of circuit built into the passive crossover which reduces the actual power supplied to the tweeter. But in all honesty, you wouldn't enjoy listening to your tweeter with a actual 130w applied to it as it would be painfully loud anyways.

So if you are contemplating how much power to supply to the tweeter...chances are good that you'll reach the output level you desire prior to reaching the thermal limits of the tweeter. So just take care in properly adjusting the level setting on the active xover and the gain for the tweeter channels and you should be good, regardless of what the actual "rated" power of the amplifier is.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 02-24-2007 01:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for squeak9798 Click here to Send squeak9798 a Private Message Find more posts by squeak9798 Add squeak9798 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting