Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > > high frequency
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kp3916

high frequency

What is the highest level of HZ that your ear can enjoy musically speaking? And what is the highest a human ear can hear?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 02-26-2007 07:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kp3916 Click here to Send kp3916 a Private Message Find more posts by kp3916 Add kp3916 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DCaudeo

The textbook range is from 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz (or 20KHz). But like Andy said, that is relative and depends on the person. I doubt most could hear near that high. I've not been tested since I was a kid, but years of working around power tools, key cutting machines, guns going off, loud engines, and loud music.....I'm pretty sure I have lost some higher registers.

New Post 02-26-2007 08:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DCaudeo Click here to Send DCaudeo a Private Message Find more posts by DCaudeo Add DCaudeo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BJ99

Using a signal generator on my comp and some pretty good speakers i have heard 18khz a few times, but it was so high it was painful and made me want to curl up in the fetal position and stab my ears. The lowest i have heard is about 18hz and it was very faint and quiet at high volume levels.

New Post 02-26-2007 11:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BJ99 Click here to Send BJ99 a Private Message Find more posts by BJ99 Add BJ99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kp3916

So then what is the peak frequency of the highest pitched cyball on a drum set? I would guess around 15 khz?

New Post 02-26-2007 11:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kp3916 Click here to Send kp3916 a Private Message Find more posts by kp3916 Add kp3916 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BJ99

Yah 15-16 would probably be about right

New Post 02-28-2007 12:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BJ99 Click here to Send BJ99 a Private Message Find more posts by BJ99 Add BJ99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. scms, from Abu Dhabi, AZ. Andrew, from Linden, MI. hispls, from , MA. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. coolypr, from Winkler, MB. kaotiksyko, from , CO. taz61999, from kalamazoo, MI. Danz19899, from oxford, MA. the14u36, from Ottawa, ON. hiace11, from , AL. jaboran, from swanton, OH. SigmaManiac, from , AL. d2freak82, from Moundridge, KS. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting