Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > > high frequency
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kp3916

high frequency

What is the highest level of HZ that your ear can enjoy musically speaking? And what is the highest a human ear can hear?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 02-26-2007 07:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kp3916 Click here to Send kp3916 a Private Message Find more posts by kp3916 Add kp3916 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DCaudeo

The textbook range is from 20 Hz to 20,000 Hz (or 20KHz). But like Andy said, that is relative and depends on the person. I doubt most could hear near that high. I've not been tested since I was a kid, but years of working around power tools, key cutting machines, guns going off, loud engines, and loud music.....I'm pretty sure I have lost some higher registers.

New Post 02-26-2007 08:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DCaudeo Click here to Send DCaudeo a Private Message Find more posts by DCaudeo Add DCaudeo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BJ99

Using a signal generator on my comp and some pretty good speakers i have heard 18khz a few times, but it was so high it was painful and made me want to curl up in the fetal position and stab my ears. The lowest i have heard is about 18hz and it was very faint and quiet at high volume levels.

New Post 02-26-2007 11:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for BJ99 Click here to Send BJ99 a Private Message Find more posts by BJ99 Add BJ99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kp3916

So then what is the peak frequency of the highest pitched cyball on a drum set? I would guess around 15 khz?

New Post 02-26-2007 11:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kp3916 Click here to Send kp3916 a Private Message Find more posts by kp3916 Add kp3916 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BJ99

Yah 15-16 would probably be about right

New Post 02-28-2007 12:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BJ99 Click here to Send BJ99 a Private Message Find more posts by BJ99 Add BJ99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
jaboran, from swanton, OH. highwaymanace, from Geelong, VA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. jacksondog215, from phila, PA. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. 8ball, from udine, AL. danthesk8er, from , AL. NRred2, from New York, NY. ejcusa1, from Streamwood, IL. grrcracker, from cincinnati, OH. werewolftigermonkey, from Denver, CO. hiace11, from , AL. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. joshmac, from charlottetown, PE. y2p1988, from Beemer, NE. GILLETTE, from , TX. ALLABOUTSOUNDQ, from Beaverton, OR. rkilgore, from beaufort, SC. adi, from Perth Australia, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting