Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Other Mobile Electronics > Voice module add-on unit
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Charley88

Voice module add-on unit

hey guys, this might be a bit old now, but a few years ago, I had a Code alarm system fitted to my car. The fitter had a Code too, seeing as his company sold the systems. Anyway, he said a friend of his went to the US, and got some toys for his alarm as add-ons. One of these was something called Invisibeam, which apparently was the dogs of proximity sensors in it's day. he also had a voice module connected up. He demonstrated it working. With the windows down, alarm armed, waited 30 secs. He proceeded to put his arm through an open window, and the alarm system gave a verbal warning to back away. He backed away, and stuck his arm in the window again, but this time, the verbal warning said something on the lines of, ' You have 10 secs to comply ' , and counted down from 10 to 1, then sounded the siren. Anyone know which add-ons I am on about?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-05-2007 07:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Charley88 Click here to Send Charley88 a Private Message Find more posts by Charley88 Add Charley88 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RFVega

Voice add-ons

I am familiar with the old school Invisibeam alarm system.

Matter of Fact, I have a old Car Audio & Electronics issue (Sept,91) with the ad:

The Ultimate In Vehicle Security Perimeter Detection Using Voice Response
"The Invisibeam system uses voice synthesis to warn away potential intruders before damage occurs to the vehicle. Here is how it works for you...an adjustable, invisible field protects the vehicle and when penetrated verbally warns the intruder of it's presence and intention to trigger the alarm if they do not step away.
If the intruder continues to move within Invisibeam's field, an additional "Warning" is heard and then a brief audible countdown will begin. If the intruder steps away, the countdown will stop and the vehicle says "Thank You". If however the intruder continues to move within the field, the alarm will sound!
You have total flexibility with the following three settings: 1) ON mode; 2) WARNING ONLY mode; 3) OFF mode. When the alarm triggers, a voice message and unique siren sound is broadcast from the Invisibeam which attracts attention to the vehicle. Invisibeam is currently available in English, Spanish, French, Italian, German and Japanese..."Thousand Island is not available!"

Manufactured in the U.S. by Electronic Security Products of California, Inc
21200 Vanowen Street, Canoga Park, California 91303
Phone: (818) 999-0990/Fax: (818) 999-1331

I probably wasted my time giving the address & phone # because it has been so long ago, but it was worth listing all the info.

BTW, I have Viper Voice on my ride (DEI 516U). I use a dual zone radar sensor. When getting to close it states: "Protected by Viper, Stand Back". It also states: "Viper Armed" when armed & "Viper Disarmed" when disarmed.

There is also a old school alarm system like Invisibeam called Street Speak. You can program your own voice to say whatever you want.

One last thing to mention about these voice add-ons. IMHO, I would turn them off when parked in busy parking lots. For the most part they will be a nuisance & someone just may hit your ride out of spite when they would not without. I would only have it on when parked at night or somewhere else when nobody SHOULD be around it. I use a cheap toggle switch to turn it on & off.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-13-2007 09:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RFVega Click here to Send RFVega a Private Message Find more posts by RFVega Add RFVega to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting