Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Video & Multimedia > please help me decide! narrowed it down to 3 choices
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
juggs

please help me decide! narrowed it down to 3 choices

ok guys i need your help, I'm a newbie here so take it easy on me! if i leave out any vital information let me know. this is going into a 99 mustang GT and I've narrowed it down to 3 choices for a flip out LCD head unit. I've always wanted one so i finally decided this year is the year I'll get one but now I'm stuck and i cant make a decision so please help me out.i have to have a touch screen too btw right now I'm thinking about picking up a used clarion vrx935vd, now this is an older model and it doesn't have some nice features that the newer ones have such as i-pod control and i don't even know if you can plug an i-pod directly into it. but other than those drawbacks this appears to be a pretty close to top of the line unit when it came out so its probably pretty nice. next we have the clarion vrx765vd this is a newer model and has ipod controls and stuff but it doesn't look like its as fancy as the 935 still although it definitely has some features the 935 is lacking. i don't really know how big of a difference there is between these 2 clarion models but if anybody would like to explain it to me that would be great. this would be a refurbished unit most likely if i bought it finally we have the pioneer p5700dvd. I've always used pioneer decks and speakers and had great luck with this and this unit seems like a pretty nice piece. i-pod controls and expandability, you can hook up GPS, vehicle dynamics processors, and a bunch of other goodies to this one if you like, however i just don't know if i would ever use any of those features, still it is nice to know you can. the one thing that kills this one for me tho is the screen is only 6.5 inches vs the 2 clarion's 7 inch screen. i know thats probably not a huge difference but for some reason that just doesn't sit right with me haha. also this unit would be brand new when i bought it. so if anybody out there knows anything about any of these models please give me some input and let me know which one i should get!

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-08-2007 02:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for juggs Click here to Send juggs a Private Message Find more posts by juggs Add juggs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
juggs

wow you guys are lame. can't even help a guy out. whatever i figured out everything on my own. you all suck. this is one of the worst forums ive ever been to. screw you all. goodbye.

New Post 03-11-2007 02:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for juggs Click here to Send juggs a Private Message Find more posts by juggs Add juggs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuffy3

feel your pain...

I know how you feel bro, I've posted stuff here for help too. Some respond some don't, Just don't let it bother you. The internet always have reviews on products too, just have to look. But don't always believe what you read, sometimes they can be BS too!!! I know some friends who purchased some of the dvd/cd flat screen head units. One had purchased a Pioneer for his car. The screen went bad, had it replaced and two months later. Same thing happened, another friend had purchased a Clarion. Same thing happened to him, heat is the main problem on those types I think. I know both of them had the habbit of leaving the screens out. So they started closing them in the units before they would leave their car. The screens on both still gave them problems. Most of those head units are sensitive to heat. When you purchase them they won't tell you this either. So if you live in place like where I live, Miami, Fl. More than likely they will go bad on you, and these guys spent 1200.00 or more on them. Both ended up buying regular head units because it wasn't worth the trouble. I just don't want you to spend alot of money on a head unit. That will end up just giving you head aches later. The new ones might have a protective shield on them, but not sure. I wanted to get one myself, but when I saw this happpened to them. I figured it's just better to spend less money on a regular head unit. Hoped I helped later...

New Post 04-30-2007 08:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tuffy3 Click here to Send tuffy3 a Private Message Find more posts by tuffy3 Add tuffy3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting