Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Boss head units
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
buckboom00

Boss head units

I was planning on buy a BV6850T head unit for a great deal (200 bucks). I has everything, CD, Am/Fm, DVD, TV tuner. I don't know if i believe the 80x4 peak output, but it probably can't be any less than 25x4 RMS and that is fine with me. Anyways I was just wondering if anyone had an opinion on Boss head-units. I also have a stupid question, but can the head-unit output (not RCA) be bridged in anyway, or would you just set the fade all the way up or something?? Just looking for an idea of how good or bad this HU is. Also I have an Infinity chrysler (1998 Sebring) system and I would need to no how to hook the amp is has up to an aftermarket HU. It doesn't seem to run on RCA cables, but regular speaker wire?? Thanks for your feedback This is where I will buy it from- http://www.millionbuy.com/bosbv6850.html

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-21-2007 01:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for buckboom00 Click here to Send buckboom00 a Private Message Find more posts by buckboom00 Add buckboom00 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoudAssGeo

RE: Boss head units

quote:
Originally posted on 03-21-2007 by buckboom00
I was planning on buy a BV6850T head unit for a great deal (200 bucks). I has everything, CD, Am/Fm, DVD, TV tuner. I don't know if i believe the 80x4 peak output, but it probably can't be any less than 25x4 RMS and that is fine with me. Anyways I was just wondering if anyone had an opinion on Boss head-units. I also have a stupid question, but can the head-unit output (not RCA) be bridged in anyway, or would you just set the fade all the way up or something?? Just looking for an idea of how good or bad this HU is. Also I have an Infinity chrysler (1998 Sebring) system and I would need to no how to hook the amp is has up to an aftermarket HU. It doesn't seem to run on RCA cables, but regular speaker wire?? Thanks for your feedback This is where I will buy it from- http://www.millionbuy.com/bosbv6850.html

i have never seen, or use one of these... but the ole saying my mom taught me years ago comes to mind. you get what you pay for. boss is just a cheapo flea market brand.

New Post 03-21-2007 07:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LoudAssGeo Click here to Send LoudAssGeo a Private Message Find more posts by LoudAssGeo Add LoudAssGeo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoudAssGeo

quote:

you know you can go to walmart and buy a jensen flip out tv screen for like 399 (i think) it might be 299. i have seen a phase linear at HH greg for like 297 also. its made by jensen. its still a cheap tv, but it would be better than the boss. plus that jensen has a really nice looking screen. not to mention its a 6.5 inch screen versus the 2 inch on the boss. it may even be touch screen. the only thing the jensen doesnt have is a tv tuner. but who realy cares you know?

New Post 03-21-2007 07:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LoudAssGeo Click here to Send LoudAssGeo a Private Message Find more posts by LoudAssGeo Add LoudAssGeo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

RE: RE: Boss head units

quote:
Originally posted on 03-21-2007 by LoudAssGeo
you know you can go to walmart and buy a jensen flip out tv screen for like 399 (i think) it might be 299. i have seen a phase linear at HH greg for like 297 also. its made by jensen. its still a cheap tv, but it would be better than the boss. plus that jensen has a really nice looking screen. not to mention its a 6.5 inch screen versus the 2 inch on the boss. it may even be touch screen. the only thing the jensen doesnt have is a tv tuner. but who realy cares you know?

yep even some of the boss speakers seem flea market cheap quality. They sound too good to be true being that some 6.5" speakers have a peak rating of 240watts and 150watts rms, yet they're under $35 from sonicelectronix.com!!

New Post 03-23-2007 04:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
newfosgatesucks

Where the hell are you shopping? The truckstop? You know they have an integrated cb/am-fm/compact disc...Get it while its hot. Dont forget the watt booster and bass tubes

New Post 03-23-2007 11:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for newfosgatesucks Click here to Send newfosgatesucks a Private Message Find more posts by newfosgatesucks Add newfosgatesucks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoudAssGeo

RE: RE: RE: Boss head units

quote:
Originally posted on 03-23-2007 by gameguru1360
yep even some of the boss speakers seem flea market cheap quality. They sound too good to be true being that some 6.5" speakers have a peak rating of 240watts and 150watts rms, yet they're under $35 from sonicelectronix.com!!

my point exactly

New Post 03-26-2007 06:29 AM
luke05

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-23-2007 by newfosgatesucks
Where the hell are you shopping? The truckstop? You know they have an integrated cb/am-fm/compact disc...Get it while its hot. Dont forget the watt booster and bass tubes

fosgate, i'm gonna point out to you that your sarcasm is hilarious in most cases, but to the fairly uneducated noob, you may give the wrong impression...just in case you care

New Post 03-26-2007 12:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for luke05 Click here to Send luke05 a Private Message Find more posts by luke05 Add luke05 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
newfosgatesucks

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-26-2007 by luke05
fosgate, i'm gonna point out to you that your sarcasm is hilarious in most cases, but to the fairly uneducated noob, you may give the wrong impression...just in case you care

Yeah, I do not recommend anything saying watt booster on it. Actually, to clarify, I meant to point the guy away from that product...Thanks for being politely suggestive while pointing out a shortcoming. Im gonna start anew commercial -"I just saved a lot of money on my car.....sound deadener.."

New Post 03-26-2007 10:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for newfosgatesucks Click here to Send newfosgatesucks a Private Message Find more posts by newfosgatesucks Add newfosgatesucks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buckboom00

Would the similar lanzar, power acoustik, and soundstorm DVD head units be any better. Or should I save some more money and buy a flip out or a JVC exad model. I dont care much about power output, but I would like something with similar features as the Boss. Maybe something under or around 350 dollars would be my max budget.

New Post 03-27-2007 11:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for buckboom00 Click here to Send buckboom00 a Private Message Find more posts by buckboom00 Add buckboom00 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoudAssGeo

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-27-2007 by buckboom00
Would the similar lanzar, power acoustik, and soundstorm DVD head units be any better. Or should I save some more money and buy a flip out or a JVC exad model. I dont care much about power output, but I would like something with similar features as the Boss. Maybe something under or around 350 dollars would be my max budget.

save up and buy something like the jvc. actaually you can buy a jensen from walmart that would be 10x better than a boss

New Post 03-27-2007 12:23 PM
gameguru1360

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-27-2007 by buckboom00

I'd recommend power acoustik as in amps if you were on a budget as their amps put out quite a quick for the money! For head units, I'd stick with well known name brands like JVC or Panasonic or Alpine or Clarion or Pioneer or Kenwood or Blaupunkt

New Post 03-27-2007 05:40 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
newfosgatesucks

Man, wally world can do it for that price range, and you get ZERO flack on warranty or returns if you keep the sales ticket on it. They wont be like 'who hooked it up?' They just smile and you get a new one. Thats a world of difference compared to online stuff....

New Post 03-27-2007 07:00 PM
Da99en

quote:

Boss sucked 15 years ago, and Boss sucks today!

New Post 03-27-2007 08:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Da99en Click here to Send Da99en a Private Message Find more posts by Da99en Add Da99en to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
newfosgatesucks

RE: RE: Boss head units

quote:
Originally posted on 03-27-2007 by Da99en
Boss sucked 15 years ago, and Boss sucks today!

They have taken sucking to a whole new level. Sucks isnt even strong enough word. They are the almighty in shittiness, because people THINK they're buying a name brand...as bad as Pyramid....Hey, remember the pb100, the only pyramid worth having?

New Post 03-27-2007 09:20 PM
Da99en

RE: RE: RE: Boss head units

quote:
Originally posted on 03-27-2007 by newfosgatesucks
They have taken sucking to a whole new level. Sucks isnt even strong enough word. They are the almighty in shittiness, because people THINK they're buying a name brand...as bad as Pyramid....Hey, remember the pb100, the only pyramid worth having?

Remeber the Boss cannon...heheh

New Post 03-28-2007 12:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Da99en Click here to Send Da99en a Private Message Find more posts by Da99en Add Da99en to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting