Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Other Mobile Electronics > MONEY SCAM!!!! DON'T GET TAKEN!!!!
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DCaudeo

MONEY SCAM!!!! DON'T GET TAKEN!!!!

Below is a copy of a message that was emailed to me from someone I don't know. He was asking about the price of a pickup truck I have listed for sale on a website of a local newspaper here where I live. I thought it was someone living local and I emailed him back with the price saying it was still available. This is what he sent me next.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Thanks for your immediate response.Asking price is okay.Presently I am off the shores of Angola with my family where I work as a Drilling Engineer on the coastal explorations with Exxon Mobil Oilfields.So I will need to ask a colleague from my home town in Texas to send you a Cashier's Check.Please send me your address,full name and telephone number so that I can instruct my colleague to send you the Check.Since that is the only means of payment I can offer now due to my present location.Do not bother about the shipping to Angola I have a shipping agent who will come over to the USA to ship some of my items from my home in Texas so he would also come over to your house for pick up of the truck.Please reply asap.

Regards,
Don

P.S:Please send some pictures

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I wanted to post this to you all because this is the same little scam that's been going around on the net for a while. Not even a month ago someone pulled this on someone here on this site, and got him for his amp and some money too. What they do is set it up to send you a phony cashier's check for the amount of what you are selling and also for the cost to send someone to you to pick it up. Seems convenient, you get paid and don't have to fool with shipping it. You get the check cashed, keep your selling price, and pay the rest to someone who shows up to pick up your item for sale. It won't be a small amount that they get either cause "they are supposed to be being paid to come from some distance away" so it would have to cover travel expenses and things. So they get the money, and your item, and in about 5 days or so the check gets returned to the bank where you cashed it at and it leaves you holding the bag on a bounced check. You owe the bank whatever money you have left from it plus whatever you've already spent of it too, and you're out the item that they took also. I'm posting this so none of you all get taken by a thing like this.

And just for the record, I didn't get taken by it either. I would have known better than to believe in something like this even if I had not heard of it before. No one from where he says he's at would send someone from Texas up here to Kentucky for a $2500 truck, especially since he would have no use for it until he "came back" to the U.S. It would seem a slight bit more believable on a smaller item such as a car stereo amp though, so DON'T GET TAKEN!!!!!!

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 04-05-2007 03:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DCaudeo Click here to Send DCaudeo a Private Message Find more posts by DCaudeo Add DCaudeo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheSunDanceKid

alight so ive been messing with shiot on the inter web for quite many years now sold a bunch of nonsence bought a bunch of nonsence and ive always seen this statment "So I will need to ask a colleague " something along those lines its always bs dont even answer back i dunno why they do that but thats how it goes

New Post 05-18-2007 07:08 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheSunDanceKid Click here to Send TheSunDanceKid a Private Message Find more posts by TheSunDanceKid Add TheSunDanceKid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

whenever you get email from anyone randomly from the UK as "doctor" or from nigeria/africa, those are definitely scams.  Each time they try to email you, just put them in your spam/junk box.  Don't even respond...it's not worth your time!

New Post 10-22-2007 07:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting