Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Other Mobile Electronics > alarms to get!!!
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kingbweezy18

alarms to get!!!

i was wonderin if anyone could tell me a good alarm i could put on my car?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 04-06-2007 10:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kingbweezy18 Click here to Send kingbweezy18 a Private Message Find more posts by kingbweezy18 Add kingbweezy18 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuffy3

alarms...

I would say the most popular is Viper but, there are so many out there on the market. Best thing to do is see what you want in the alarm, and how much you can spend. Look over reviews on some and see what people say, about some of products out there. I just have a factory install it's ok but, I want something better too. Go to ecarsecurity.com I'm going to get the galaxy 5100RS. Take a look at them, they might have something you like. Ebay has dealers too, hope I helped.

New Post 04-13-2007 09:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for tuffy3 Click here to Send tuffy3 a Private Message Find more posts by tuffy3 Add tuffy3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IRONDAWG

get the Viper with the pager on it the thing is awesome

New Post 04-30-2007 03:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for IRONDAWG Click here to Send IRONDAWG a Private Message Find more posts by IRONDAWG Add IRONDAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mnizzy

DEI alarms (Viper/Python/Clifford) are good alarms along with Compustar. Most alarms are going to be about the same depending on how much you want to spend. Basic alarms are usually one-way, have siren, start kill, shock sensor, and for a little more remote door locks. Moving up you can get 2-way paging alarms which signals the remote when the alarm goes off. Again for a little extra you can get remote locks and remote starter.

Also remember an alarm is only as good as its install. If a thief really want the car and the stuff in it, they can get it on a simple install. It might be worth it to pay a little extra for an install that has the wires as hidden as possible and looks oem.

New Post 06-04-2007 05:53 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mnizzy Click here to Send mnizzy a Private Message Find more posts by mnizzy Add mnizzy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
phonymike

I'm going for a viper 5900. 1 mile two way paging range (they claim,) remote start, several aux channels. tilt sensor, shock sensor, 6 tone speaker. found it for under $250 shipped on amazon.com.

other toys on amazon.com:
for remote start I need an immobilizer bypass (it learns the chip in my key and spits it out durring remote start.) like $40.
additional glass breakage sensor like $30.
2 window control module. puts 2 windows down by remote, puts them up when alarm arms. like $45 I think.
trunk pop selonoid, gonna hook it to my remote, $25.
battery backup, so if someone cuts the battery wire the alarm will not only still have power, but it will also trigger the alarm $25.

all in all it was $400 shipped. everything from amazon.com, but like four different retailers. so different places ship my shit at different times and crap. but hell, I pry saved $100.

I heard compustar was awesome as well. it had some nifty things like your remote tells you the temperature inside the car. check out their website, it lists their products and features. then see where you can get it cheapest. I thought about all the features I wanted (2 way paging remote and longest distance was my #1) and I've always trusted viper. this site has great install tutotials and brief reviews of different alarms on different pages.

New Post 06-07-2007 01:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for phonymike Click here to Send phonymike a Private Message Find more posts by phonymike Add phonymike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting