Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Speakers sound muffled...Please help!!!
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rick74

Speakers sound muffled...Please help!!!

well i had a system installed by circuit city...never again!!!!!.....anyways... i have a pioneer head unit, eclipse 5x7 door speakers(4). 2 12in. kicker cvr's in the ported box that came with it. i have the recommonded kicker amp hooked up at 2 ohms, plus the kicker 4 channel amp for the interior speakers, also i have a tsunami cap 1.2 ,well the bass sounds great doesnt cut out or distort. but my interior speakers get muffled after about half a song. if i turn the volume down a bit it gets clear again. turn it up it gets muffled. i been down to circuit city about a dozen times and they dont know what is going on. i spent alot of money and i would like to be able to turn it up loud. my volume goes to 60 and i can only get about 25 and then it will muffle up. my subs stay on when this happens. the subs dont cut out at all and my capacitor reads 14.2 ,what can i try on my own? im tired of dealing with them. thanks.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 04-11-2007 09:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rick74 Click here to Send Rick74 a Private Message Find more posts by Rick74 Add Rick74 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick74

Here's a list of what i have. HEAD UNIT: Pioneer DEH-P5900iB RMS Power Output 22 watts Peak Output 50 watts RMS Power Bandwidth 50-15kHz Preamp Voltage 4 volts CD Frequency Response 5-20kHz CD Signal-to-Noise 94 dB SUBS: Kicker 07DCVR122 CompVR 12 RMS power handling (Watts) 400 Frequency response (kHz) 25Hz - 500Hz Peak power handling (watts) 800 Impedance per Voice Coil (Ohms) 2 Peak Power Range (Watts) 800 and up INTERIOR SPEAKERS: Eclipse 5" x 7" 3-Way Coaxial Speaker (SE8375) RMS power handling (Watts) 40 Frequency response (kHz) 85hz - 40kHz Peak power handling (watts) 120 Recommended amp wattage range 20 - 200 Watts Peak Power Range (Watts) 30-149 INTERIOR SPEAKERS 4 CHANNEL AMP: Kicker 4-Channel Amplifier (06ZX3504) Power (watts RMS into 4 ohms x channels) 60 x 4 Power (watts RMS into 2 ohms x channels) 90 x 2 Distortion (THD%) at rated power 1% Bridged power x channels (4 ohms) 175 x 2 Peak power x channels (watts) 90 x 4 Signal to noise ratio (dB) 95 dB SUB AMP: Kicker Mono Channel Class D Amplifier (06ZX7501) Power (watts RMS into 4 ohms x channels)375 x 1 Power (watts RMS into 2 ohms x channels)750 x 1 Distortion (THD%) at rated power 0.1% Bridged power x channels (4 ohms) 375 x 1 Peak power x channels (watts) 750 x 1 Signal to noise ratio (dB) >73 dB CAPACITOR: Metra Tsunami Capacitor (PP912UM-CAP) 1.2 farad, 24-volt surge ( Sorry for typing all the info.but i felt better to save us all the time asking questions,i figured i'd would put as much as i know. ) thanks alot!!!!

New Post 04-11-2007 09:12 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Rick74 Click here to Send Rick74 a Private Message Find more posts by Rick74 Add Rick74 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NinetySixYenko

RE: Speakers sound muffled...Please help!!!

quote:
Originally posted on 04-11-2007 by Rick74
well i had a system installed by circuit city...never again!!!!!.....anyways... i have a pioneer head unit, eclipse 5x7 door speakers(4). 2 12in. kicker cvr's in the ported box that came with it. i have the recommonded kicker amp hooked up at 2 ohms, plus the kicker 4 channel amp for the interior speakers, also i have a tsunami cap 1.2 ,well the bass sounds great doesnt cut out or distort. but my interior speakers get muffled after about half a song. if i turn the volume down a bit it gets clear again. turn it up it gets muffled. i been down to circuit city about a dozen times and they dont know what is going on. i spent alot of money and i would like to be able to turn it up loud. my volume goes to 60 and i can only get about 25 and then it will muffle up. my subs stay on when this happens. the subs dont cut out at all and my capacitor reads 14.2 ,what can i try on my own? im tired of dealing with them. thanks.

your speakers are hooked up to a amp? you mite be putting to many watts to them, most logical thing i can think of. or speakers got wet

New Post 04-11-2007 09:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for NinetySixYenko Click here to Send NinetySixYenko a Private Message Find more posts by NinetySixYenko Add NinetySixYenko to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick74

yeah speakers are brand new...well everything is brand new never got wet. but yeah all of my interior speakers are hooked up to the 4 channel amp.

New Post 04-11-2007 09:18 PM
NinetySixYenko

RE:

quote:
yeah speakers are brand new...well everything is brand new never got wet. but yeah all of my interior speakers are hooked up to the 4 channel amp.

try turning Gain knob down on amp, like 1/2 of whatever you have it set at, then turn volume up and see what you get

New Post 04-11-2007 09:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for NinetySixYenko Click here to Send NinetySixYenko a Private Message Find more posts by NinetySixYenko Add NinetySixYenko to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick74

yeah i had turned the gain down alittle it still did it maybe i got to go down more. would it be better to maybe run only 2 of the interiors off the amp and myabe the front run direct to the head unit?

New Post 04-11-2007 09:22 PM
NinetySixYenko

RE:

quote:
yeah i had turned the gain down alittle it still did it maybe i got to go down more. would it be better to maybe run only 2 of the interiors off the amp and myabe the front run direct to the head unit?

if any, you'd want rear off HU, and front off amp, but that wouldnt be the problem, is -bass- cranked on the HU setting? cuz coaxials arent ment to play that much bass, keep -Sub- turned up though

New Post 04-11-2007 09:24 PM
jaboran

this may sound like a dumb recommendation... but it sounds to me that u have soem exposed speaker wire somewhere that is touching something metal... check the speaker connections to see if circuit city stripped too much wire and left exposed wire flopping around back there...

New Post 04-11-2007 09:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jaboran Click here to Send jaboran a Private Message Find more posts by jaboran Add jaboran to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NinetySixYenko

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 04-11-2007 by jaboran
this may sound like a dumb recommendation... but it sounds to me that u have soem exposed speaker wire somewhere that is touching something metal... check the speaker connections to see if circuit city stripped too much wire and left exposed wire flopping around back there...

thats a very possible prob, put wouldnt that happen at all volumes?

New Post 04-11-2007 09:27 PM
Rick74

the bass on hu is down...they adjusted my bass on the amp.

New Post 04-11-2007 09:31 PM
NinetySixYenko

RE:

quote:
the bass on hu is down...they adjusted my bass on the amp.

turn bass boost down on 4ch amp, and try it then, im 99% sure it's a knob adjustment somehwere, like bass boost on amp or HU, or gain, or x over, etc

New Post 04-11-2007 09:33 PM
NinetySixYenko

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 04-11-2007 by NinetySixYenko
turn bass boost down on 4ch amp, and try it then, im 99% sure it's a knob adjustment somehwere, like bass boost on amp or HU, or gain, or x over, etc

for both setting on 4ch but gain at the 2nd arrow, and bass boost at 1st arrow and try it

New Post 04-11-2007 09:35 PM
jaboran

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 04-11-2007 by NinetySixYenko
thats a very possible prob, put wouldnt that happen at all volumes?

not entirely true.. but u may not hear it at lower volumes... usually u wont notice speaker grounding problems until u get the motor to really get moving when the draw/output gets more taxing on a speaker ... <_< wow.. i cant think that one thru right now, but it sounds pretty plausible

also.. see if u can switch the amp to high pass rather than full range.. get rid of those lower frequencies

Click Here to See the Profile for jaboran Click here to Send jaboran a Private Message Find more posts by jaboran Add jaboran to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rick74

yeah the head unit is set to 80 hrtz and about -3. the amp bass boost is about little less than half way up. thats for the sub amp.....the 4 channel amp the bass boost is all the way off.

NinetySixYenko

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 04-11-2007 by jaboran
not entirely true.. but u may not hear it at lower volumes... usually u wont notice speaker grounding problems until u get the motor to really get moving when the draw/output gets more taxing on a speaker ... <_< wow.. i cant think that one thru right now, but it sounds pretty plausible

lol

New Post 04-11-2007 09:36 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting