Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > Need an amp for an Alpine type R.
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
00chevymalibu

Need an amp for an Alpine type R.

like the title states i need some recomendations for an amp for AN apline type R like this one here: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_4281_Alpine+SWR-1242D+-TYPE+R-.html I just need it to have an output for RCA's so i can run my other amp too. I have installed amps and stuff before but i nevr have done it where i put the sub in the box. I usually bought them pre wired. so Any adivce on how to wire the sub to the box. I saw that the sub has 2 pos and 2 neg so how would i hook that up to the box? thanks in advanced.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 05-21-2007 04:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 00chevymalibu Click here to Send 00chevymalibu a Private Message Find more posts by 00chevymalibu Add 00chevymalibu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tymanh99

If you're gonna' want to upgrade to another sub later check out Hifonics amps; they are good budget amps. I run my 12" argh with an Infinity 611a amp--puts out around 650 watts at 2 ohms but could easily take more.

Since the 12" you want is a dual 4 ohm, you're going to want to wire it for a 2 ohm load. Put the banana plugs (pos to pos and neg to neg) in, then connect the pos. from the sub to the pos. on the box's terminal cup; then the neg. on the sub to the neg. on the box's terminal cup. Then run neg from the box to neg on the amp and pos from the box to pos on the amp.

New Post 05-21-2007 06:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Tymanh99 Click here to Send Tymanh99 a Private Message Find more posts by Tymanh99 Add Tymanh99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
00chevymalibu

how do you think this amp will do? http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17788 this would be for 2 type R's.

New Post 05-21-2007 08:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 00chevymalibu Click here to Send 00chevymalibu a Private Message Find more posts by 00chevymalibu Add 00chevymalibu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting