Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > > 04 TAHOE STEREO INSTALL HELP???
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kaoz

04 TAHOE STEREO INSTALL HELP???

I CANT GET A STEREO TO TURN ON IN A CHEVY TAHOE 2004 CAN SOMEBODY HELP I CONNECTED YELLOW TO YELLOW, RED TO ORANGE, AND BLACK TO BLACK BUT IT STILL DOESNT TURN ON I CHECKED ALL THE FUSES AND THEY ALL SEEM TO WORK FINE AND I NOE THE STEREO WORKS BECAUSE I TRIED IT IN A TRUCK AND IT TURNED ON SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME???

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 06-04-2007 01:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kaoz Click here to Send kaoz a Private Message Find more posts by kaoz Add kaoz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheSunDanceKid

alight dude it appears you have not much or yet any knolege of car audio but any who the wirees on the car are highly unlikly the same color as the ones on an after market deck id take this to a shop an 04 tahoe has what is called a Class 2 Serial Data which is your switched power and you need another part to intergrade this but any who that is why you arnt finding the switched wire which goes to the red wire off the new deck the yellow from the factory wire is actually your left rear negative speaker wire the factory orange wire is the constant 12v take it to a shop before you come out with a few issues your either going to have to keep your factory deck and have it relocated in your car some where which is cheaper or you will have to buy the converter which goes behind the new deck here is a link to explain a bit on what class 2 serial data is http://www.gmtcny.com/lan.htm

New Post 06-05-2007 02:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheSunDanceKid Click here to Send TheSunDanceKid a Private Message Find more posts by TheSunDanceKid Add TheSunDanceKid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kaoz

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-05-2007 by TheSunDanceKid
alight dude it appears you have not much or yet any knolege of car audio but any who the wirees on the car are highly unlikly the same color as the ones on an after market deck id take this to a shop an 04 tahoe has what is called a Class 2 Serial Data which is your switched power and you need another part to intergrade this but any who that is why you arnt finding the switched wire which goes to the red wire off the new deck the yellow from the factory wire is actually your left rear negative speaker wire the factory orange wire is the constant 12v take it to a shop before you come out with a few issues your either going to have to keep your factory deck and have it relocated in your car some where which is cheaper or you will have to buy the converter which goes behind the new deck here is a link to explain a bit on what class 2 serial data is http://www.gmtcny.com/lan.htm

ok so the original stereo had 2 orange wires that means one is a 12v and the other is the ignition switch???

New Post 06-05-2007 10:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kaoz Click here to Send kaoz a Private Message Find more posts by kaoz Add kaoz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kaoz

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-05-2007 by kaoz
ok so the original stereo had 2 orange wires that means one is a 12v and the other is the ignition switch???

if i just connect the original one back on will it still work??

New Post 06-05-2007 10:43 AM
kaoz

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
if i just connect the original one back on will it still work??

why u tellin me to take it to a shop anyways if i just need the stereo to turn on i could do the rest do u noe if the 12v wire is the thick one or the skinny one?

New Post 06-05-2007 10:48 AM
propimp

goto www.the12volt.com they have vehicle wiring diagrams. probally will help you ALOT.

New Post 06-05-2007 12:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for propimp Click here to Send propimp a Private Message Find more posts by propimp Add propimp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TheSunDanceKid

IM TAKING THE TIME TO WRITE AND HELP YOU WITH YOUR PROBLEM PLEASE READ IT ALL OR YOU ARNT GOING TO UNDERSTAND there is NO ignition at your deck you obvously wernt reading carefully or went to the site on the class 2 sieral data explaination you need either a relocation harness or an intergration both of these our a bit difficult to install you should probably take it to a shop if you arnt understanding the ckass 2 sieral data and you will need extra parts or relocate your factory deck some where else in the car and have your new one in the dash not doing either of these will result in functions disabled those can be -door chimes-engin light on- your air bags turned off and other things get it done at a shop or pay close attention and go down to a shop and get the intergration harness from them and READ the instructions all you need to tell them is your putting in a deck and your truck has a class 2 sieral data wire this is going to cost you a bit id go with a relocation sence you have a large SUV and its easy to hide your stock deck under a seat or in the back basicly it sits some where and has no fucntion but keeps all your stuff on the data wire and provides you with an IGNITION WIRE! IF YOU ARE TO LAZY AND DONT CARE ABOUT SOME FEATURES pay close attention UNDER the driverside dash take the plate off look to the left side about 3"s in and you will see a few thick wires exposed tap in to the BROWN wire right in the front its like a 12-14gage wire run a wire FROM the BROWN wire up to the new deck and connect it to the IGNITION wire here is a link to a little drawing i did in paint that might help you understand a little better http://www.13tharmy.net/img/g1a1hjburc.bmp

New Post 06-05-2007 10:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for TheSunDanceKid Click here to Send TheSunDanceKid a Private Message Find more posts by TheSunDanceKid Add TheSunDanceKid to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kaoz

RE:

quote:
IM TAKING THE TIME TO WRITE AND HELP YOU WITH YOUR PROBLEM PLEASE READ IT ALL OR YOU ARNT GOING TO UNDERSTAND there is NO ignition at your deck you obvously wernt reading carefully or went to the site on the class 2 sieral data explaination you need either a relocation harness or an intergration both of these our a bit difficult to install you should probably take it to a shop if you arnt understanding the ckass 2 sieral data and you will need extra parts or relocate your factory deck some where else in the car and have your new one in the dash not doing either of these will result in functions disabled those can be -door chimes-engin light on- your air bags turned off and other things get it done at a shop or pay close attention and go down to a shop and get the intergration harness from them and READ the instructions all you need to tell them is your putting in a deck and your truck has a class 2 sieral data wire this is going to cost you a bit id go with a relocation sence you have a large SUV and its easy to hide your stock deck under a seat or in the back basicly it sits some where and has no fucntion but keeps all your stuff on the data wire and provides you with an IGNITION WIRE! IF YOU ARE TO LAZY AND DONT CARE ABOUT SOME FEATURES pay close attention UNDER the driverside dash take the plate off look to the left side about 3"s in and you will see a few thick wires exposed tap in to the BROWN wire right in the front its like a 12-14gage wire run a wire FROM the BROWN wire up to the new deck and connect it to the IGNITION wire here is a link to a little drawing i did in paint that might help you understand a little better http://www.13tharmy.net/img/g1a1hjburc.bmp

ok thanks for taking your time in helping me so what youre saying is that if i connect the original stereo back on it wont work anymore?? which wire is the 12volt wire though is it both of the orange ones or what?once again thanx for helping me

New Post 06-05-2007 10:37 PM
kaoz

quote:
ok thanks for taking your time in helping me so what youre saying is that if i connect the original stereo back on it wont work anymore?? which wire is the 12volt wire though is it both of the orange ones or what?once again thanx for helping me

hey sir is this what i need to buy because im not understanding this a lot? http://cgi.ebay.com/2000-up-Chevrolet-relocation-harness-Scosche-GM06-NEW_W0QQitemZ140125458804QQihZ004QQcategoryZ32812QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

New Post 06-05-2007 10:41 PM
TheSunDanceKid

whahoo yep thats exactly what you need now you are on the right track now to make sure you actually need this unplug your stereo and with the driver door open put the key in your door chime that reminds you that you left your key in should not be on now plug the deck back in and you should have your door chime back on but any who if this is correct then you are going to need this wire basicly you plug one end at the original stereo whole then where ever you deside to put your stock deck just put under a seat or something run that wire to where your going to hide it so pretty much you will have both your new and your stock deck in the car but DO not once everythings hooked up turn on the stock deck its best to take the power nob off and put it where it cant get bumped on also make sure the end of the plug looks the same as the one on your car and you might want to check walmart or a local shop for that cable you will probably beable to get it cheaper then that and right away instead of waiting dont worry about any of the orange wires or anything wen you get this plug reconnect the wires if you cut them and this transfers it all in to the same color wires that your new deck has

New Post 06-05-2007 10:52 PM
TheSunDanceKid

also if you dont want to do the stock relocation this plug replaces the things your need that are inside the stock deck i finaly remembered the model number of the intergration harness this one you dont need to run wires or have the stock deck still in the car you can totaly due away with it and its alot easier to install http://www.crutchfield.com/S-lW38LdvmwZm/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=751&I=120GMRC01

New Post 06-05-2007 11:01 PM
kaoz

RE:

quote:
also if you dont want to do the stock relocation this plug replaces the things your need that are inside the stock deck i finaly remembered the model number of the intergration harness this one you dont need to run wires or have the stock deck still in the car you can totaly due away with it and its alot easier to install http://www.crutchfield.com/S-lW38LdvmwZm/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=751&I=120GMRC01

i got a question though when i bought the tahoe my factory stereo didnt have a wire harness plugged in it so what could i do right now the door chime does not work it stays quiet no noise

New Post 06-05-2007 11:17 PM
kaoz

quote:
i got a question though when i bought the tahoe my factory stereo didnt have a wire harness plugged in it so what could i do right now the door chime does not work it stays quiet no noise

if i find a harness for my factory stereo and i just match up the colors will it work and will the noise come back?

New Post 06-05-2007 11:28 PM
kaoz

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
if i find a harness for my factory stereo and i just match up the colors will it work and will the noise come back?

if i connect it like you told me get from the brown wire will something go wrong rite know the only thing wrong is that i dont hear the noise when the door is open even though the key is in their?could anything else happen in the future or will only the sound thing go wrong??

New Post 06-05-2007 11:37 PM
TheSunDanceKid

arg why didnt you mention this before do the thing with the brown wire and heres the rest of the wires Radio 12v orange\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Radio Ground black/white \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Radio Ignition Class 2 Serial Data \\\\\\\\\\ Radio Illumination N/A \\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Factory Amp Turn-on pink \\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Power Antenna dk. green \\\\\\\\\\\\\ LF Speaker +/- tan - gray +,- \\\\\\\\\\ Notes: If equipped, the amplifier is under the center console. \\\\\\\ RF Speaker +/- lt. green - green +,- \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ LR Speaker +/- brown - yellow +,- \\\\\\\\\\\\ RR Speaker +/- blue - lt. blue +,-\\\\\\\\\\\\\

New Post 06-06-2007 02:13 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. highwaymanace, from Geelong, VA. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. grrcracker, from cincinnati, OH. 8ball, from udine, AL. adi, from Perth Australia, NY. deepbass69, from Putnam, CT. Slayer666, from Sherbrooke, PQ. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. ALLABOUTSOUNDQ, from Beaverton, OR. Bnuts, from Edmonton, AB. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. skulliwulli, from Austin, TX. krayzie019, from Park City, IL. #1audio, from newport, NC. jaboran, from swanton, OH. jacksondog215, from phila, PA. danthesk8er, from , AL. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting