Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > Zed Audio setup
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bluebledthesea

Zed Audio setup

I've heard a lot of great things about these amps and I think I'm going to buy the Minilith amp and run it at 1ohm into a 2ohm 12" Type-R. I'm also looking at the Draconia 4 channel amp to run into two 4" Infinity Kappas and 2 6x9" Infinity Kappas. I like keeping my amp brands the same. What do you all think? Thanks.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 06-19-2007 01:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bluebledthesea Click here to Send bluebledthesea a Private Message Find more posts by bluebledthesea Add bluebledthesea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluebledthesea

Wow, I just got an email back from Stephen and he says the Draconia is out of stock for 8 months. They are offering 2x Gladius instead... I dunno if that's really what I need.

He is as prompt and helpful as everyone says though!

New Post 06-19-2007 02:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bluebledthesea Click here to Send bluebledthesea a Private Message Find more posts by bluebledthesea Add bluebledthesea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jordo25

Lol, exactly how do you plan to go about running your amp at one ohm if your using a 2 ohm type-r? Unless you mean a dual 2 ohm. Just making sure you aren't trying to do something you can't....

New Post 06-19-2007 07:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jordo25 Click here to Send jordo25 a Private Message Find more posts by jordo25 Add jordo25 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Volvo850

Im pretty sure the Type-R can run dual 2 ohm. Anyone know for sure??

New Post 06-19-2007 08:23 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Volvo850 Click here to Send Volvo850 a Private Message Find more posts by Volvo850 Add Volvo850 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluebledthesea

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-19-2007 by jordo25
Lol, exactly how do you plan to go about running your amp at one ohm if your using a 2 ohm type-r? Unless you mean a dual 2 ohm. Just making sure you aren't trying to do something you can't....

The Alpine SWR-1222D is 2ohm DVC. I'm looking at this diagram from the12volt.com:

At 1ohm the Minilith amp is rated at 600w RMS. Thanks for looking out though. I'll take any help I can get.

New Post 06-19-2007 09:23 PM
hispls

If you care about quality, you're going to be real happy going with ANYTHING from Mr. Mantz. Now if we can talk you out of buying those chinese made subs......

New Post 06-20-2007 10:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hispls Click here to Send hispls a Private Message Find more posts by hispls Add hispls to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HIFISQ1

There was a comment that Zed Audio is offering 2 Gladius amps while the Draconia is not available. THIS IS NOT TRUE! You can purchase two Gladius, but you will pay the regular price for them. And you should. These are incredible amps for what Steve sells them for.

New Post 06-21-2007 02:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for HIFISQ1 Click here to Send HIFISQ1 a Private Message Find more posts by HIFISQ1 Add HIFISQ1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluebledthesea

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-21-2007 by HIFISQ1
There was a comment that Zed Audio is offering 2 Gladius amps while the Draconia is not available. THIS IS NOT TRUE! You can purchase two Gladius, but you will pay the regular price for them. And you should. These are incredible amps for what Steve sells them for.

Stephen's exact quote to me in the email was:

"We are offering 2 x GLADIUS in place of the Draconia at this time."

As nice it would be if they were going for the price of the Draconia, I don't believe it's true either. I just worded it the way he did and you can take it as you want.

Still though, I don't know if I want 2, 2ch amps when I could just wait for a single unit to do it.

New Post 06-21-2007 09:04 AM
HIFISQ1

I'm not saying that isn't what was said, I was just clarifying for anyone who might think they might get 2 Gladius for the price of one Draconia, which they won't. Also the Draconia line has no estimated production date yet. It may never be produced again, not sure. Just in case anyone wants to know, the Gladius and Draconia have exactly the same schematics. The only difference is the Draconia has a power supply that has twice the muscle.

New Post 06-21-2007 10:47 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for HIFISQ1 Click here to Send HIFISQ1 a Private Message Find more posts by HIFISQ1 Add HIFISQ1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluebledthesea

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-21-2007 by HIFISQ1
I'm not saying that isn't what was said, I was just clarifying for anyone who might think they might get 2 Gladius for the price of one Draconia, which they won't. Also the Draconia line has no estimated production date yet. It may never be produced again, not sure. Just in case anyone wants to know, the Gladius and Draconia have exactly the same schematics. The only difference is the Draconia has a power supply that has twice the muscle.

Haha, yea... I wasn't saying you were wrong. The last thing I want is internet controversy. Just clarifying what you said through what I said through what he said... or something. It's all good. Stephen did tell me I could order a Draconia now, but the lead time is 8 months. That seems crazy long, but I just might do it because I'm dying to have one. I just picked up an older US Acoustics amp designed by Zed Audio off of eBay to last me until then.

New Post 06-21-2007 11:23 PM
HIFISQ1

Cool. You'll love the Draconia, whenever their in production again.

New Post 06-21-2007 11:29 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting