Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > Zed Audio Gladius x2?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bluebledthesea

Zed Audio Gladius x2?

I've been talking to Stephen from Zed Audio and the 4ch Draconia is out of stock and the wait time is 8 months. He suggested using two, 2 channel Gladius' instead. I'm not really sure how to go about wiring them though.

Would one amp go to the left side and one amp go to the right? I have 4" Infinity Kappas in the front and 6x9" Infinity Kappas in the rear. Also, what would be the best way of running power to them? Use a 1 to 3 distribution block, then a 3 to 1 for the ground? (I'm also going to have a Minilith in there for the sub, amp number 3.)

My other option is to patiently wait 8 months for the Draconia and run my front four off of my HU. *dead*

This is somewhat urgent 'cause I'm selling my entire current system to a friend this weekend. Thanks.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 06-19-2007 11:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bluebledthesea Click here to Send bluebledthesea a Private Message Find more posts by bluebledthesea Add bluebledthesea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hispls

I don't know why you'd even need to run your fronts and rears off a 4 channel amp. Do you ever use the "fader" option?

What I'd do is just go on eBay and get an old Zed amp for your fronts until you can get the new one. The best thing about the old Zed amps is that there's always a market for them. You'll never have trouble finding people to sell it to. You've Got to give us a review of how the new stuff works. I bet it's amazing.

New Post 06-20-2007 10:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hispls Click here to Send hispls a Private Message Find more posts by hispls Add hispls to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluebledthesea

Huh, I actually do use the fader from time to time. I hadn't thought about not setting it up that way, but maybe you're right. I wonder how a single Gladius would perform with 4 speakers? Maybe I should rethink my setup and only use two good components?

New Post 06-20-2007 10:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bluebledthesea Click here to Send bluebledthesea a Private Message Find more posts by bluebledthesea Add bluebledthesea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluebledthesea

What do you think of this amp on eBay to use as a temp until the Draconia?

US Acoustics USA 4080 by ZED Audio
· 80 watts rms x 4 @ 4 ohms
· 120 watts rms x 4 @ 2 ohms
· 240 watts rms x 2 @ 4ohms Bridged
· THD less than 0.01%
· S/N: 105db
· Freq Response: 2Hz-70KHz
· Input sensitivity: .100 to 8.0 volts

It's at $41 right now, closes in a little over an hour.

New Post 06-20-2007 10:37 PM
hispls

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-20-2007 by bluebledthesea
What do you think of this amp on eBay to use as a temp until the Draconia?

US Acoustics USA 4080 by ZED Audio
· 80 watts rms x 4 @ 4 ohms
· 120 watts rms x 4 @ 2 ohms
· 240 watts rms x 2 @ 4ohms Bridged
· THD less than 0.01%
· S/N: 105db
· Freq Response: 2Hz-70KHz
· Input sensitivity: .100 to 8.0 volts

It's at $41 right now, closes in a little over an hour.

I got a couple of the big USX 1000Fs. They do rated power @ very low distortion (and it's a Zed board). These are really good amps.

New Post 06-20-2007 10:41 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for hispls Click here to Send hispls a Private Message Find more posts by hispls Add hispls to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluebledthesea

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-20-2007 by hispls
I got a couple of the big USX 1000Fs. They do rated power @ very low distortion (and it's a Zed board). These are really good amps.

And for a temp amp you can't beat the price. If it's as good as it looks I may not want to give it up! Really considering this... And actually, the girlfriend's car is starving for a system, so I wouldn't even have to worry about reselling. If I get into a last minute bidding war, what would you suggest as a good price to limit myself to on one of these? In terms of amps, $41 seems like nothing to me. $$ doesn't necessarily equal quality, especially with Zed.

This is my first time using 2ohm speakers and I'm just learning about that stuff. There wouldn't be a problem, right? (I'm looking at the Infinity Kappas because I'm limited to 4"s and 6x9"s in my car. Really can't cut new holes.)

New Post 06-20-2007 10:44 PM
hispls

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-20-2007 by bluebledthesea
And for a temp amp you can't beat the price. If it's as good as it looks I may not want to give it up! Really considering this... And actually, the girlfriend's car is starving for a system, so I wouldn't even have to worry about reselling. If I get into a last minute bidding war, what would you suggest as a good price to limit myself to on one of these? In terms of amps, $41 seems like nothing to me. $$ doesn't necessarily equal quality, especially with Zed.

This is my first time using 2ohm speakers and I'm just learning about that stuff. There wouldn't be a problem, right? (I'm looking at the Infinity Kappas because I'm limited to 4"s and 6x9"s in my car. Really can't cut new holes.)

If you miss it, there's a guy called "audioclinic" that has some other US Acoustics stuff. Email him and ask him what he has left.

I think the main reason these are selling so cheap is there's just so much stuff out there that sais it'll do a million watts for very cheap. There are really some great deals on eBay on the smaller stuff. And yeah, it shouldn't be hard to find a home for it if you want to upgrade it later.

New Post 06-20-2007 11:13 PM
bluebledthesea

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-20-2007 by hispls
If you miss it, there's a guy called "audioclinic" that has some other US Acoustics stuff. Email him and ask him what he has left.

I think the main reason these are selling so cheap is there's just so much stuff out there that sais it'll do a million watts for very cheap. There are really some great deals on eBay on the smaller stuff. And yeah, it shouldn't be hard to find a home for it if you want to upgrade it later.

I set my max at $60 so with shipping it will be 80. I think it's still good there. I'll see what happens. I know that Zed sets their RMS rating low, but if it's solid it still has better specs than the Draconia for less than 1/3 the price! I'm gonna want to get that eventually to have a consistent system with the Minilith, but I'm feeling good about this for now.

Thanks for your help man! I'll definitely give my review on the new Zed stuff when it all gets installed, even if thats not until February.

Oh, and this auction is audioclinic's.

New Post 06-20-2007 11:14 PM
hispls

Let us know how the US Acoustics works out for you. I think you'll be really happy.

New Post 06-20-2007 11:28 PM
tcdogg

You may want to use the Older amp for a interim amp until the "Gladius" is ready, but do yourself a favor and stick to your plan of getting the new stuff. I have the "Mininlith" already and it is simply amazing, I cannot say enough about the amp. I will only buy new Zed amps from now on. My next set up will have the "Duece" for my front components and the "Gladius" for my rears and of course my "Minilith" to my sub. Would that configuration work for you. Also one of the latest issues of Car Audio magazine, the "Sound Quality" issue did a review of the Gladius and the reviewer absolutely loved the amp. It is now one of his reference 2 channel amps. When I bought my Minilith I has started out looking for an Old School Hifonics. When I talked to Stephen he said his new stuff was far better than his old stuff. I knew how awesome the OS stuff was so that told me how unreal the new stuff would be. So even though the ebay one has "better Specs" and is a third the price, still get one or two of the new ones, which ever way you decide to run your system.

New Post 06-20-2007 11:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tcdogg Click here to Send tcdogg a Private Message Find more posts by tcdogg Add tcdogg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluebledthesea

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-20-2007 by tcdogg
You may want to use the Older amp for a interim amp until the "Gladius" is ready, but do yourself a favor and stick to your plan of getting the new stuff. I have the "Mininlith" already and it is simply amazing, I cannot say enough about the amp. I will only buy new Zed amps from now on. My next set up will have the "Duece" for my front components and the "Gladius" for my rears and of course my "Minilith" to my sub. Would that configuration work for you. Also one of the latest issues of Car Audio magazine, the "Sound Quality" issue did a review of the Gladius and the reviewer absolutely loved the amp. It is now one of his reference 2 channel amps. When I bought my Minilith I has started out looking for an Old School Hifonics. When I talked to Stephen he said his new stuff was far better than his old stuff. I knew how awesome the OS stuff was so that told me how unreal the new stuff would be. So even though the ebay one has "better Specs" and is a third the price, still get one or two of the new ones, which ever way you decide to run your system.

Thanks for the response man. I'm going to use this amp for now, then pair my Minilith up with the Draconia when I get it. I expect it should sound totally sick.

New Post 06-21-2007 12:05 AM
bluebledthesea

Ha, my bid got sniped at the last second. They drove it up to $100 anyway. I'm just going to do buy it now on a US Acoustics USX 4065 from audioclinic. $70, 24 available.

New Post 06-21-2007 10:27 AM
hispls

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 06-21-2007 by bluebledthesea
Ha, my bid got sniped at the last second. They drove it up to $100 anyway. I'm just going to do buy it now on a US Acoustics USX 4065 from audioclinic. $70, 24 available.

That guy's really nice, and professional (I do a LOT of ebaying) and the amp I got from him looked brand new! And if you want multiple products he will combine shipping.

New Post 06-21-2007 11:08 AM
Volvo850

This should sounds nice Blue......I cant wait til we get to set it up. Im ready for the install tonight....and on saturday were gonna try Wills Pyramid amp just for the hell of it

New Post 06-21-2007 04:22 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Volvo850 Click here to Send Volvo850 a Private Message Find more posts by Volvo850 Add Volvo850 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. kaotiksyko, from , CO. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting