Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > > loud bang through speakers at start up
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
joshwill0001

loud bang through speakers at start up

pretty much as stated above...installed a system for a mate and when he starts up the car there is a large BANG through the speakers. after that the system plays fine but it is disconcerting and no doubt not good for any of the components. no idea what might be wrong? system plays OK so i assume the grounds/power are OK (i will check this next time he comes around though). any other issues anyone can think of? thanks for the help guys. as a sidepoint the car is a skyline, which has the battery in the boot. could this be the problem and if so how to fix? i can give a run down of his gear if that will help. also if he starts the car and THEN turns on the stereo it does not make the sound...thanks

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 07-17-2007 06:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for joshwill0001 Click here to Send joshwill0001 a Private Message Find more posts by joshwill0001 Add joshwill0001 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoudAssGeo

RE: loud bang through speakers at start up

quote:
Originally posted on 07-17-2007 by joshwill0001
pretty much as stated above...installed a system for a mate and when he starts up the car there is a large BANG through the speakers. after that the system plays fine but it is disconcerting and no doubt not good for any of the components. no idea what might be wrong? system plays OK so i assume the grounds/power are OK (i will check this next time he comes around though). any other issues anyone can think of? thanks for the help guys. as a sidepoint the car is a skyline, which has the battery in the boot. could this be the problem and if so how to fix? i can give a run down of his gear if that will help. also if he starts the car and THEN turns on the stereo it does not make the sound...thanks

do you have it grounded straight to the battery? if so, try and change it to the metal. what type rcas are you using? is the rem wire to the headunit or to a fuseable link?

New Post 07-17-2007 09:20 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LoudAssGeo Click here to Send LoudAssGeo a Private Message Find more posts by LoudAssGeo Add LoudAssGeo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoudAssGeo

also, does it make any noise when you change tracks on a cd?

New Post 07-17-2007 09:24 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for LoudAssGeo Click here to Send LoudAssGeo a Private Message Find more posts by LoudAssGeo Add LoudAssGeo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joshwill0001

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-17-2007 by LoudAssGeo
also, does it make any noise when you change tracks on a cd?

not sure about noise when changing tracks, i dont think so. the amps are grounded to a bolt about an inch from the main battery-chassis ground. the rem wire comes from the dashboard eq. the eq (crossfire 5.2) acts as a relay as well (from what i got from the installation maunal it does anyway) so the deck rem wire goes to the eq, and a differnet remote wire comes from the eq to the amps. i cant remember the description of the RCA's but they are fairly decent quality. thanks for your help...any suggestions?

New Post 07-17-2007 11:05 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for joshwill0001 Click here to Send joshwill0001 a Private Message Find more posts by joshwill0001 Add joshwill0001 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LoudAssGeo

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-17-2007 by joshwill0001
not sure about noise when changing tracks, i dont think so. the amps are grounded to a bolt about an inch from the main battery-chassis ground. the rem wire comes from the dashboard eq. the eq (crossfire 5.2) acts as a relay as well (from what i got from the installation maunal it does anyway) so the deck rem wire goes to the eq, and a differnet remote wire comes from the eq to the amps. i cant remember the description of the RCA's but they are fairly decent quality. thanks for your help...any suggestions?

the pop is more than likely coming from that relay on the eq.. try it from the deck only. next, is that bolt in the boot an exsisting bolt? or did you drill a holt and add your own?

New Post 07-17-2007 04:34 PM
joshwill0001

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-17-2007 by LoudAssGeo
the pop is more than likely coming from that relay on the eq.. try it from the deck only. next, is that bolt in the boot an exsisting bolt? or did you drill a holt and add your own?

ok cool, i will bypass the eq adn see what happens. the bolts in the boot are actually holding the brake light on (top one next to rear window). It was the only existing bolt hole i could find that was close enough to teh battery, dont want to drill if possible. could the brake light be interfering? everything works so the ground is good???

New Post 07-18-2007 12:54 AM
LoudAssGeo

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-18-2007 by joshwill0001
ok cool, i will bypass the eq adn see what happens. the bolts in the boot are actually holding the brake light on (top one next to rear window). It was the only existing bolt hole i could find that was close enough to teh battery, dont want to drill if possible. could the brake light be interfering? everything works so the ground is good???

i would drill the hole. fill it wit silicon so it doesnt leak

New Post 07-18-2007 10:17 PM
hispls

Try it without the RCA plugged into the amp, it may be a turn on pop from the EQ powering up? Most amps have circuits built in to NOT do this these days, and the only thing that I know that commonly causes this is having the remote hooked up to the wrong spot.

New Post 07-19-2007 01:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hispls Click here to Send hispls a Private Message Find more posts by hispls Add hispls to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joshwill0001

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-19-2007 by hispls
Try it without the RCA plugged into the amp, it may be a turn on pop from the EQ powering up? Most amps have circuits built in to NOT do this these days, and the only thing that I know that commonly causes this is having the remote hooked up to the wrong spot.

thanks loud ass and hispls. mate came around last night and showed me the problem, i disconnected the rcas and it DID NOT make the noise. but if one rca was left in then that component would make the noise ie discon sub and leave speakers connected then speakers make the noise but sub doesnt. i will drill a chassis hole and/or connect a relay separate from teh eq and see how i go, i will let you know how it works. thanks again guys

New Post 07-19-2007 03:45 AM
hispls

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-19-2007 by joshwill0001
thanks loud ass and hispls. mate came around last night and showed me the problem, i disconnected the rcas and it DID NOT make the noise. but if one rca was left in then that component would make the noise ie discon sub and leave speakers connected then speakers make the noise but sub doesnt. i will drill a chassis hole and/or connect a relay separate from teh eq and see how i go, i will let you know how it works. thanks again guys

What kind of EQ is it anyway? Sounds to me like that's the problem. Most 12V EQ's (argueably all of them) do more harm than good.

New Post 07-19-2007 12:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for hispls Click here to Send hispls a Private Message Find more posts by hispls Add hispls to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joshwill0001

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 07-19-2007 by hispls
What kind of EQ is it anyway? Sounds to me like that's the problem. Most 12V EQ's (argueably all of them) do more harm than good.

crossfire eq 5.2...i use to have the same model in my car and had heaps of problems with it (and all the rest of my crossfire gear). out of interest how are most eq's no good though? i would recommend a separate eq to everyone (not crossfire though and not 1/2 din dash mount). i have an audiocontrol eq and it is pretty sweet, line driver and plenty of adjustment available...

New Post 07-19-2007 11:57 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting