Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > yes, another 'which sub should I buy' question...
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
motoxrider043

yes, another 'which sub should I buy' question...

ok, so I pretty much know what I want now... I'm looking for a pair of 12's, or a single 15(im not sure which would sound better) for $250-$300. I don't want this for spl, because I have no interest in that. this will just be a loud system to listen to every day. I want the best sound quality I can get for the price. I want something that will hit on almost every single song i play, which is mostly rap, and rock every now and then. oh and the sub/s will be in a sealed box that will be built by the manufacture's specs, and it will be powered by a hifonics amp which will be bought accordingly to match the power of the subs. Thanks...

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-02-2007 05:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for motoxrider043 Click here to Send motoxrider043 a Private Message Find more posts by motoxrider043 Add motoxrider043 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jaboran

RE: yes, another 'which sub should I buy' question...

quote:
Originally posted on 08-02-2007 by motoxrider043
ok, so I pretty much know what I want now... I'm looking for a pair of 12's, or a single 15(im not sure which would sound better) for $250-$300. I don't want this for spl, because I have no interest in that. this will just be a loud system to listen to every day. I want the best sound quality I can get for the price. I want something that will hit on almost every single song i play, which is mostly rap, and rock every now and then. oh and the sub/s will be in a sealed box that will be built by the manufacture's specs, and it will be powered by a hifonics amp which will be bought accordingly to match the power of the subs. Thanks...

this is no suprise if u look at many of my recommendation threads for subs... :
tc-2000 15" .. awesome sub.. good output.. both accuracy AND actual sound output... a lot of it.. quality stuff there for well within yer price range.. or a pair of tc1000 ... apair of these are just increedible with a system around 1000rms... either way.. a single 15 or a pair of 12" tc1000s would literally blow u away for the price...

New Post 08-02-2007 06:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jaboran Click here to Send jaboran a Private Message Find more posts by jaboran Add jaboran to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
motoxrider043

wow, quick reply.. Yeah i've read through some of your other posts and know that you speak very well of tc. ive heard alot of good things about them lately. So do you think I would get more for my money by going with a single 2000, or dual 1000's? oh and what is the major sound difference between a 12" and a 15"? the 15's just hit lower right? but dont hit as many high notes... and I know the box volume has alot to do with the sound tuning, and how much power the sub can take. I'm just trying to learn as much as i can..

New Post 08-02-2007 06:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for motoxrider043 Click here to Send motoxrider043 a Private Message Find more posts by motoxrider043 Add motoxrider043 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mc

RE: yes, another 'which sub should I buy' question...

quote:

well I like Fi and in that range I think that a SSD would fit the bill nicely if you put 800-1000 RMS to one

New Post 08-02-2007 09:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mc Click here to Send mc a Private Message Find more posts by mc Add mc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jaboran

RE:

quote:
wow, quick reply.. Yeah i've read through some of your other posts and know that you speak very well of tc. ive heard alot of good things about them lately. So do you think I would get more for my money by going with a single 2000, or dual 1000's? oh and what is the major sound difference between a 12" and a 15"? the 15's just hit lower right? but dont hit as many high notes... and I know the box volume has alot to do with the sound tuning, and how much power the sub can take. I'm just trying to learn as much as i can..

well... in essence a 15 has more capability to hit lower notes.. but not necasrily louder or better than a 12".. a 15 has just as much range and accuracy as a 10 or even a 12"... i guess u can really tell a difference if u have the right measuring gear and look at the frequency lengths, but as far as by ear goes... not a very noticeable difference in accuracy between a 15 and a 12... but a 15 can have more output than a single 12.. notice i said CAN... it alld epends on the enclosure and placement and power fed to the speaker.. usually a 15 can handle mor epower and push more air physically.. but u have to take into account the linear movement and all that

if space is an a issue i would go with a single 15".. if not... a pair of 12"s would be great..

as far as yer money going far.. it depends on what u want... a single sub can be a little more accurate than a pair due to cancellation.. but a pair would definately have a little more output.. as far as bang for yer buck.. i would say a pair of 12"s would be good.... but like i said.. u cant overlook a single 15" either...

both are quality drivers.. both have good output.. i just lean more towards dual sub setups rather than single setups.. based on personal preference really... both would have similar outputs.... hard to say really

dont forget to look at :fi ssd

New Post 08-02-2007 09:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jaboran Click here to Send jaboran a Private Message Find more posts by jaboran Add jaboran to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
motoxrider043

okay, thanks for all the help... I think im going to do a single sub setup for now, because I want to get a really good sub, and I figure I can always add another down the road if I want some more output.. So i'll probably go a little overkill on an amp right now and just run the power pretty low on it.. So im thinking a 15, since it only costs a little more than a 12, and i'll probably have better results for my taste that way.

New Post 08-02-2007 09:52 PM
mc

RE:

quote:
okay, thanks for all the help... I think im going to do a single sub setup for now, because I want to get a really good sub, and I figure I can always add another down the road if I want some more output.. So i'll probably go a little overkill on an amp right now and just run the power pretty low on it.. So im thinking a 15, since it only costs a little more than a 12, and i'll probably have better results for my taste that way.

well the Fi Q 15 is under 300 shipped and if you put it on a BX1600 in a ported box it would really slam. JMO

New Post 08-02-2007 10:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mc Click here to Send mc a Private Message Find more posts by mc Add mc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting