Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Video & Multimedia > need recommendation for a navigation system
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ganesh21

need recommendation for a navigation system

hi,

I have a pioneer 780mp head unit in my vehicle. The head unit is great but i'm in a need to upgrade.I would like a nav with the same or better quality. i will be replacing it with either a single or double din navigation system.

I will like some recommendation for a nav system. I was looking at the some from pioneer, alpine and eclipse.I was wonder which will give me the best sound and easy to use.

I have a budget of around 1600 to spend.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 10-05-2007 08:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ganesh21 Click here to Send ganesh21 a Private Message Find more posts by ganesh21 Add ganesh21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Migit109

i personally have played around with eclipse nav in dash units and really liked them

i hear pioneers are pretty good too and if you feel like spending the extra dough get one with a hd so you can listin to cd'd and do nav

New Post 10-05-2007 11:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Migit109 Click here to Send Migit109 a Private Message Find more posts by Migit109 Add Migit109 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ganesh21

Was looking at the AVIC-D3. I would like to know how the gps work.

Does anyone have a AVIC-D3?

From my understand: Insert the navigation DVD. You choose a destination. It is loaded to memory. You then take out the navigation DVD and insert music CD/DVD.

But supposed I change my destination. Would i have to re-insert the navigation DVD?

New Post 10-12-2007 12:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ganesh21 Click here to Send ganesh21 a Private Message Find more posts by ganesh21 Add ganesh21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Migit109

yes if you change destinations you do have to re insert the dvd thats why i reccomend a hd based gps unit

such as the pioneer avic-z2

or the eclipse avn7000 or the avn5495

New Post 10-14-2007 04:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Migit109 Click here to Send Migit109 a Private Message Find more posts by Migit109 Add Migit109 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ganesh21

I have made my mind up and i probably get the Kenwood P Nav6019 or DNX7100 due to the build in hd and great price.

I like the Pioneer Z2 but i heard how bad the navigation is.

New Post 10-14-2007 06:55 PM
Migit109

i personally love the navigation on the eclipses but their waaaayy to expensive unless you go with ebay

New Post 10-14-2007 07:55 PM
ganesh21

I which eclipses model are you talking about?

I only seem to find two models. Do they have a built-in navigation hd and a usb connector.

I believe the reason i didn't go with eclipses was because they don't have live up to date traffic.

I already have sirius and would like to also get live up to date traffic.

New Post 10-15-2007 09:58 AM
ganesh21

I only seem to find two models. Do they have a built-in navigation hd and a usb connector.

I believe the reason i didn't go with eclipses was because they don't have live up to date traffic.

New Post 10-15-2007 09:58 AM
ganesh21

New Post 10-15-2007 09:59 AM
dyenasty16

I went with this package in my 2006 dodge dakota http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?showAll=Y&g=168550&i=700NAV617&tp=448

and then i got the same navagation but a 6.5 montior non flip to go in my 07 civic and their navagation has never let me down.. I had many features to customize to your needs and great pictures..

New Post 10-25-2007 01:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for dyenasty16 Click here to Send dyenasty16 a Private Message Find more posts by dyenasty16 Add dyenasty16 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
crash7

Same set up I have. Very happy with the nav, but the sound quality kind sucks. Can't seem to get rid of the hiss when using the ext media with the ipod.

New Post 02-05-2008 07:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for crash7 Click here to Send crash7 a Private Message Find more posts by crash7 Add crash7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ganesh21

I decided to go with the AVIC D3 w/ 80gb ipod.

For the price and easy to use interface.

I test the kenwood and was not too happy with the interface.

New Post 02-05-2008 09:02 PM
quills

how do you like your d3? Ive had mine for 2 weeks and I'm still finding new things with it.

New Post 03-03-2008 09:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for quills Click here to Send quills a Private Message Find more posts by quills Add quills to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ganesh21

I love it. It does everything i need it to do. The sound quality is very good.

I have sirius radio which is great but no live traffic update. I might switch to XM to get the live traffic update.

The interface is easy to navigate.

Only problem is no video through the ipod. I am able to get the sound but just see a blank screen.

Need to do some more research.

New Post 03-04-2008 09:22 AM
quills

yeah mine too. from what i've been able to find it has to do with the i-pods firmware. but everything else works great. took a little bit to get the bluetooth to transfer my phonebook but that was the only problem.

New Post 03-07-2008 10:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for quills Click here to Send quills a Private Message Find more posts by quills Add quills to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting