Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Other Mobile Electronics > MONEY SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kendrell07

MONEY SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to warn you all that The  MONEY SCAM Is still out there.Dont be a fool for The Cashiers Check.I had a guy wanting to buy some Visor TVs for his car and this is the e-mail i got

FIRST E-MAIL:

Hi, I wish to purchase your item as listed on the advert and I just want to let you know that I need it. Just let me know your final price you wish to offer it for sale for me so that I can buy it from you immediately. I await your quick response on this issue. Best Regards.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds Good Don't It,But Read The Second One I Got

----------------------------------------------------------------

SECOND E-MAIL

Goodday Thanks for the Responce have aggreed to pay for this item with a certified cashier cheque

The Cashiers cheque that  will be issued will include
Tthe money for the sales of  your item + My shipping cost.
Inregards to shipping. I have a shipping agent who  would take good care of the shipment. You are required  to get an instant cashing of the  cashiers cheque in your bank account immedaitely you  recieve it or cash it immediately in a check cash  point and deduct the funds for the sales of your item.

And have the excess funds sent to My Shipping Company Through (Western Union Money Transfer) in  order  to come for the pick up of the item. All neccesary transfer papers will be dully signed by my  shipping Company ACCOUNTANT  on behalf of me when the shipping  agents comes for the pick up of the item.  I will be willing to entertain more of your questions  that might arise and If you really show williness and would really want to sell this item.

Please  provide your

Name You Want on the check
Street Address,City,Zip Code
Mobile Numnber#

so  that I can have it forwarded to my Accountant for  immedaite payment
Best Reagrds.

------------------------------------------------------------

Ok first of all my mom didnt raise no fool.Secondly, the spelling and wordings are horrible,Third,don't ever take a cashiers check from anyone-especially if they claim to have someone special pick up orders and have their own shipping company.And finally,I would advise all to be on the lookout.   AND NO,THEY DIDN'T GET ME FOR MY MONEY OR MERCHANDICE.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 11-21-2007 01:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kendrell07 Click here to Send kendrell07 a Private Message Find more posts by kendrell07 Add kendrell07 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

the scam is with that person that contacted you and the western union agent. Thank God you didn't go ahead and have them send you the check because they could've stolen your ID. All they'd need is your full name and address...a lot of times scammers don't even need your SSN anymore. They can steal your identity or create another one using your name and address.

One of my friends almost cashed one of those checks which was flagged by the FBI. His bank teller was nice enough to tell him that the check was fake before actually going through to cash it. But his situation was dealing with scammers on those online dating sites where girls would claim to be stranded in Nigeria or Africa and need some poor sap to cash checks for them and then send the money through western union.

New Post 11-21-2007 02:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kendrell07

Yea I kno man im alot smarter than that.I only accept payments thru paypal.Its the only safest an guaranteed way.Thanks for dat reply and always have ya eyes open.It looks good to make a big sale but only to be scammed doing it really bites you in the azz.

New Post 11-22-2007 12:07 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kendrell07 Click here to Send kendrell07 a Private Message Find more posts by kendrell07 Add kendrell07 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

well you also have to be careful with paypal as well...they can still stiff you the money through that system

New Post 11-26-2007 11:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting