Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Car Audio Competitions and Shows > Upper Midwest SPL Competitions
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Feterlj

Upper Midwest SPL Competitions

Now, I am going to be frank with everyone here.  There is not a lot of SPL competitions in South Dakota, where I live.  However, I was wondering if anyone knows of some SPL competitions going on in say like surrounding states such as MN, IA, or maybe even NE.  The only SPL competition that goes on in my area is just once a year and it kinda sucks that there is not more.  I have considered starting one of my own but I need to put things together for that.  I dont even have a decent SPL meter such as TermPro or anything like that.  I just have a $150 cheap one.  Maybe next summer I will try to start one, but untill then, does anyone know of many SPL competitions going on around here? Thank you.

Jamie Feterl

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 01-15-2008 01:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Feterlj Click here to Send Feterlj a Private Message Find more posts by Feterlj Add Feterlj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PeteS

Well check the termpro/dbdrag for show's. I'm sure there are some but here in Mi. it was the same kind of thing. My advice would be keep on e-bay for a used termlab. It will only help to have more shows as they are REALY lacking every where.

We now have one of the new termlab's...and so does a diffrent shop 30 miles from us(they coppyed us) so we are going to have quit a few shows this year....maybe bewteen both shop's and a competor  in the middle of the state and now also in the UP(mi) we can get Mi back on the map.

You might be able to start the same for your state. Figure $25 bucks for Db Drag and $35 for Bass Race...or $35 for both.  Now $100 to host the show(to DbDrag org) and there can still be money made. Figure even a small turn out at 25 people and you have paid for listing and most of the meter.

Most local shops are more than glad to host a show(if it's not costing them of coruse) and would be little to no cost. to you  Heck it brings them customer's and that's GREAT for every one.

Figure if  that area is dry  for shows and there are a lot of people with systems in your suronding towns  you could do good...dare I say make some extra cash.

If things go well I'm sure the shop's would buy there own meter to make the money them selves.....now you have a chain going and you can just enjoy.

Good luck and if I hear of any shos I'll let you know.

New Post 01-17-2008 01:45 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for PeteS Click here to Send PeteS a Private Message Find more posts by PeteS Add PeteS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DMIguy

The show!

We Have a local db race comming in a month or so...Not sure yet on the date,but when  I get the details I will let you know...two months ago there was a turn out of 100 cars show up.....Not bad for being in Iowa! In Des Moines IA.

New Post 02-16-2008 09:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DMIguy Click here to Send DMIguy a Private Message Find more posts by DMIguy Add DMIguy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TwistedImage

Surprised I didnt hear anything about a show in Des Moines Iowa.   There are 2 of us very close who would have been there in a second.   Guess we missed the listing somehow.

There will be multiple USACI shows in the Omaha NE area.   Also shows in the upper IA region.   So far from what I know there is not a single show booked int he Des Moines Area, due to no shops willing to host one.

Check this list, it will be updated and more shows are being added frequently

http://www.soundoff.org/cgi-bin/schedule/display.cgi?search=1&display_all=1

New Post 03-27-2008 11:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for TwistedImage Click here to Send TwistedImage a Private Message Find more posts by TwistedImage Add TwistedImage to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Feterlj

I found one

The Technical Institite where i go to school is having an SPL competition/car show on April 12th.  This will be held at Southeast Technical Institute in Sioux Falls, SD, at 9:00 AM.  The SPL competition is $20 if you sign up ahead or 25 if you show up at the show.  The car show portion is $10 to enter.  For more information, email the show's admin at STIISCET@yahoo.com

New Post 03-27-2008 01:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Feterlj Click here to Send Feterlj a Private Message Find more posts by Feterlj Add Feterlj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trinity

Any in Wisconsin

I see I missed a comp on the 18th. Does anyone know of another sound comp in WI this summer????

New Post 05-28-2008 12:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for trinity Click here to Send trinity a Private Message Find more posts by trinity Add trinity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting