Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > M&M Godfather subwoofer
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rezzarect

M&M Godfather subwoofer

what size box works?..ported?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 02-11-2008 10:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for rezzarect Click here to Send rezzarect a Private Message Find more posts by rezzarect Add rezzarect to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pioneer~Saturn

Any specs?...what size is it?

New Post 02-12-2008 12:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Pioneer~Saturn Click here to Send Pioneer~Saturn a Private Message Find more posts by Pioneer~Saturn Add Pioneer~Saturn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rezzarect

12" sub..i dont know the specs..how many watts were these rms?

New Post 02-12-2008 12:36 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for rezzarect Click here to Send rezzarect a Private Message Find more posts by rezzarect Add rezzarect to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hispls

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-12-2008 by rezzarect

12" sub..i dont know the specs..how many watts were these rms?

Godfather series were appx 200-250W.  Rose series were about 500-600.

I used to own Godfather 10's and 15's and Rose 12's.... A buddy of mine still has 3 rose 10's.   Very nice in their day.....   In fact, I think I have one of their mids and tweets in some old home speakers  (they were 8 ohms)

I used the godfathers in ported for a brief time and wasn't really impressed, I ended up sealing up the ports.   I've run all my M&M's in small to moderate size sealed with good results   The 10's were in about 1.5 cube and the 15 was in about 2.75.   As I recall modeling and testing them out, they were pretty forgiving in sealed box.

I have TS parameters for the Rose 12's somewhere in a notebook, but I had measured those myself..... I don't think they even came with TS parameters, only the dealers had those spec sheets.

If you do turn up M&M TS parameters, drop me an email, I may try a new project for my friends Roses this summer.

And that fella there is the 8 ohm version.

New Post 02-12-2008 01:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hispls Click here to Send hispls a Private Message Find more posts by hispls Add hispls to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mc

if you want to part with those just send an e-mail I have always liked them. don't know about RMS on them but ran 2 15's off of a puch150 that had been modded

New Post 02-13-2008 07:27 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for mc Click here to Send mc a Private Message Find more posts by mc Add mc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2rgrbn

The M & M subs that I remember from back in the day were a very small enclosure sub. I don't know if all were that way or not but a shop in Phx Az had 4 18's in a pyramid one on each of 4 sides and just big enough for the speakers to fit. Basically 4-18's in less then 3 cubic ft and it was impressive but I don't know if the subs were special for the application or what but it was told to me that M & M didn't need the airspace . It was during an era that seen Iso Baric set ups and new lower airspace requirement subs IE: Kicker Solo Barics. If I remember the car was a green wagon and was located in Chandler Az. mid to late 80's I think it ended up being somewhat famous.

New Post 02-17-2008 06:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 2rgrbn Click here to Send 2rgrbn a Private Message Find more posts by 2rgrbn Add 2rgrbn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hispls

I suspect they could have used a larger box, though we used a lot of them in relatively small sealed enclosures with good results.

M&M had the world SPL record back in 87-89. 

Too bad the old man died though.

New Post 02-18-2008 05:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for hispls Click here to Send hispls a Private Message Find more posts by hispls Add hispls to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2rgrbn

I got to looking around for the info on the vehicle I remembered. I got ahold of Wayne Harris who had the terminator in the area in 87' but it didn't have M & M's and wasn't green and he didn't recall the car I remembered either so I may be losing my mind. There was a trend in the mid 80's for M & M and Babb speakers and both seem to be gone I did see a few ads wanting to buy and selling M & M I didn't notice how old they were but there were several Portland and Seattle Craigslist. As I mentioned earlier during the mid to late 80's every manufacturer seemed to be engineering ways to reduce air space requirements and most everyone used sealed enclosures if you have to experiment I would start there.  

New Post 02-18-2008 08:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 2rgrbn Click here to Send 2rgrbn a Private Message Find more posts by 2rgrbn Add 2rgrbn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hispls

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-18-2008 by 2rgrbn

I got to looking around for the info on the vehicle I remembered. I got ahold of Wayne Harris who had the terminator in the area in 87' but it didn't have M & M's and wasn't green and he didn't recall the car I remembered either so I may be losing my mind. There was a trend in the mid 80's for M & M and Babb speakers and both seem to be gone I did see a few ads wanting to buy and selling M & M I didn't notice how old they were but there were several Portland and Seattle Craigslist. As I mentioned earlier during the mid to late 80's every manufacturer seemed to be engineering ways to reduce air space requirements and most everyone used sealed enclosures if you have to experiment I would start there.  

OK, Now I'm gettin all nostalgic, found this thread:

http://www.audiogroupforum.com/csforum/showthread.php?t=15839

Put the 15" in 5 cubes tuned to 30-32 hook up an old school punch 150, and voila!   LOL

I can't even remember what series the clear cone ones were now....I smoked a shitload of pot in those days.....   I do recall the clear ones were the entry level series though.

New Post 02-19-2008 01:32 AM
elseven

RE: M&M Godfather subwoofer

quote:
Originally posted on 02-11-2008 by rezzarect

what size box works?..ported?

Certainly an old thread but i have the specs on those drivers as well as other M&M subs. I never google stuff up like this but by golly i sure should lol.

New Post 01-17-2011 08:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for elseven Click here to Send elseven a Private Message Find more posts by elseven Add elseven to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting