Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > > HiFonics
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
helldodge

HiFonics

How do you all feel about hifonics amps?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 02-12-2008 08:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for helldodge Click here to Send helldodge a Private Message Find more posts by helldodge Add helldodge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
brianG

in general,there desent amps. not the best but defenitly not the worst.alot of ppl run them.why?do you have something specific in mind

New Post 02-13-2008 12:41 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for brianG Click here to Send brianG a Private Message Find more posts by brianG Add brianG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DJGUERO

In my opinion Hifonics amps are kick ass. I have always used them on kicker L7's and I must say the really take care of the job. I use to have 2 twelve's L7's with a hifonics brutus 1606D mono amp and sounded great. Now I have 2 fifteen inch L7's with the Hifonics 2606D mono amp and well lets just say that its amazingly loud. The one thing that I love about these amps is that they don't heat up for nothing. I have mind pounding very hard and the amp barely gets warm. I would highly recommend these amps to anybody!!!!

New Post 03-18-2008 11:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for DJGUERO Click here to Send DJGUERO a Private Message Find more posts by DJGUERO Add DJGUERO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
soFLY

ive heard good things too. i was thinking about getting one for my two L7's, and now i know that it would be a good decision. thanks^

New Post 03-20-2008 04:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for soFLY Click here to Send soFLY a Private Message Find more posts by soFLY Add soFLY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
soFLY

ive heard good things about them too. now im pretty sure that im going with hifonics for my two L7's

New Post 03-20-2008 04:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for soFLY Click here to Send soFLY a Private Message Find more posts by soFLY Add soFLY to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tjsaudio

Great amps we run 4 of the XXV Colossus in our SPL Van they take ALOT ALOT ALOT of power but the are well worth it

New Post 03-20-2008 11:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tjsaudio Click here to Send tjsaudio a Private Message Find more posts by tjsaudio Add tjsaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iskate631

hifonixs are great amps. i just hooked up a brutus 1206 to 2 12" pioneer premier TS-W1207D4 and it sounds incredible. definantly recommended and worth the money

New Post 03-24-2008 11:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for iskate631 Click here to Send iskate631 a Private Message Find more posts by iskate631 Add iskate631 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jaboran

thought i would jump in and say the same thing everyone else is saying.. hifonics makes some good amps at good prices...

New Post 03-25-2008 12:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jaboran Click here to Send jaboran a Private Message Find more posts by jaboran Add jaboran to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ceast21

Ok i see alot of people seem to like them now. but my question is how are they compared against JL,RF,MTX,RE,TREO,amps. right now i just have 1 15 mtx 6000 in nice ported box tuned to 37hz and an MTX Thunder 250 powering about 300wrms @ 4ohms bridged.. Just  as a temp setup for $100 since i blew the crap out of my kicker 10" cvx's with JBL bp1200 amp.  the mtx setup is awesome ghreat sq and good spl. but since my cvx's are getting fixed im trying to figure out if an Hifonics amp would be good too push em. The jbl was mad but blew them so not wanting to do it again and want to have the best sound for them.

New Post 03-26-2008 05:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ceast21 Click here to Send ceast21 a Private Message Find more posts by ceast21 Add ceast21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ceast21

Ok i see alot of people seem to like them now. but my question is how are they compared against JL,RF,MTX,RE,TREO,amps. right now i just have 1 15 mtx 6000 in nice ported box tuned to 37hz and an MTX Thunder 250 powering about 300wrms @ 4ohms bridged.. Just  as a temp setup for $100 since i blew the crap out of my kicker 10" cvx's with JBL bp1200 amp.  the mtx setup is awesome ghreat sq and good spl. but since my cvx's are getting fixed im trying to figure out if an Hifonics amp would be good too push em. The jbl was mad but blew them so not wanting to do it again and want to have the best sound for them.

New Post 03-26-2008 05:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ceast21 Click here to Send ceast21 a Private Message Find more posts by ceast21 Add ceast21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Baseballd2

I have a hifonics 2000 watt amp and I dont like it. I loved my audiobahn 2000 watt amp much better. I would go back to that one if I could, but the price was right for only 300 bucks rather than 450.

New Post 03-28-2008 01:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Baseballd2 Click here to Send Baseballd2 a Private Message Find more posts by Baseballd2 Add Baseballd2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jaboran

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-26-2008 by ceast21

well.. the brands u listed are indeed higher quality amps.. they are conservatively rated and are build to last.. hifonics on the other hand, are alright if not mediocre with the durability, and overrated as far as wattage goes.. i mean.. u get a lot of watts for the price, which is good in some respects, but nothing compared to mtx, rf, jl, and treo

New Post 03-28-2008 10:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jaboran Click here to Send jaboran a Private Message Find more posts by jaboran Add jaboran to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PeteS

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-28-2008 by jaboran

well.. the brands u listed are indeed higher quality amps.. they are conservatively rated and are build to last.. hifonics on the other hand, are alright if not mediocre with the durability, and overrated as far as wattage goes.. i mean.. u get a lot of watts for the price, which is good in some respects, but nothing compared to mtx, rf, jl, and treo

How many companys listed there even make a amp big enough to power there HIGH end woofers ?  Check the prie on a RockFord 15,000 amp.

I know a LOT of people that use Maxxsonics stuff and have NO complaints. Any one here WHAT brand SUBS AND AMPS set the MECCA WORLD RECORD for Drive by SPL......Crunch Subs and Crunch amps. Same company as Hifonics.

I can speak 1st hand that Hifonics amps are used by SPL competors for good reason. Prie and relibalty. What person in there right mind use's a amp that MIGHT not work when they need it. SPL competors also will push amps FAR beyond the limits that they wer ment to be used at.....if the amps are poor qualty why do they stand up to the abuse show after show.

Sure all company have cheap and entery level stuff.....Hifonics has a lot of "CHEAP" stuff out there as well, people us that and now thing that every thing they make is the same. Before you go and compare models lets make sure you have  the same qualty line being comparid. Don't compare the Brutic line of amps to the the XXV line as they are in no way even close. Crunch Power zone amps are NOT even close to say the Ground Pounder amps...need power look at the Ground Pounder PRO3000.1. Auto Tek SS line of amps and the MM line of amps are WAY diffrent as well.

Whast the number 1 factor of a blown subwoofer....clippiing due to over driveing a amp. If you have a large enough amp clipping is no longer a problem. Hifonics has a amp to run EVERY speaker built.

JL Audio....VS......MB Quart(YES OWNED BY MAXXSONICS)

TREO Vs Hifonics or Crunch for amps...Hifonics  high end sub was stoped before it went into production due to some pantent issues.

MTX....HA....MTX power is like 1/10 of Maxxsonics power and MTX just sounds like doggy doo any ways.

New Post 03-29-2008 11:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for PeteS Click here to Send PeteS a Private Message Find more posts by PeteS Add PeteS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jaboran

have u noticed the price increase on the xxv amps? i am not denying the goodness of hifonics higher end amps.. but a lot of ppl within a budget really dive into the brutus or zeus lines

as far as the crunch amps go... eh.. for some reason, i cant wrap my mind around that line of maxxonics... pretty entry in my mind... mbquart and autotek on the otherhand are at least on the same level as hifonics.. so to me, the crunch line seems to be the odd man out

New Post 03-30-2008 02:29 AM
jaboran

i have also seen my fair share of brutus 1206d's dying prematurely... altho i am not denying they did what they were supposed to.. prematurely, to me, is less than 2 years.. heh

but i see yer point as far as variety of products to match any application goes.. maxxonics does have a variety of products.. they know what they are doing, decent products at a decent price.. which makes A LOT of ppl happy... just not my cup of tea.. i would much rather have an amp compliant with some sort of standard rather some some arbitrary number.... i think i may like sony and even jensen amps over hifonics mainly because they are rated on a standard

i just wish maxxonics would jump on th ebandwagon and start complying with some sort of standard to assure their products are indeed doing at least what they were desgined to do.. or at least test a few of their amps with birthsheets or an average rms of a lot or porduction set or even test the amps like " higher end" manufacturers do.... thats all

New Post 03-30-2008 02:37 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
#1audio, from newport, NC. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. NRred2, from New York, NY. OnYrMrk, from Oklahoma City, OK. chosmo, from Austin, TX. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. Dal1as, from , MD. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kyat316, from Austin, TX. KickerBoy, from London Ontario, AL. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. pksimon28, from Plainfield, IL. jrdrywater, from pryor, OK. djbeats, from Jacksonville, FL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. larcos, from El Paso, TX. Mauro, from Erechim, AL. geob1kenobi, from Joshua, TX.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting