Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > To much power
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
zmorris69

To much power

Can i i run a 1400 watts to my 12 inch solar baric L7. i am talking like a 2000 watt boss amp @2 ohms. i got the dual 4 ohm could i possible wire each coil to a different channel of a 2 channel amp.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 02-12-2003 12:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for zmorris69 Click here to Send zmorris69 a Private Message Find more posts by zmorris69 Add zmorris69 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
meanman101

RE: To much power

quote:
Originally posted on 02-12-2003 by zmorris69
Can i i run a 1400 watts to my 12 inch solar baric L7. i am talking like a 2000 watt boss amp @2 ohms. i got the dual 4 ohm could i possible wire each coil to a different channel of a 2 channel amp.

You should be safe with that amp, there is no way it will put out the 1400 that it claims. When it comes to Boss your gonna be looking at about 1/3 of the power they claim to have. They are OK amps but I think you need a stronger amp to really get full benefit from you L7.

New Post 02-12-2003 03:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for meanman101 Click here to Send meanman101 a Private Message Find more posts by meanman101 Add meanman101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zmorris69

so you are saying that 1400 watts is not enough power? if i got the 3000 watt amp which puts out 2200 @ 2 ohm is that enough power or is that to much

New Post 02-12-2003 05:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for zmorris69 Click here to Send zmorris69 a Private Message Find more posts by zmorris69 Add zmorris69 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
meanman101

If its the Boss REV 2000D its should be more than enough for a single L7. I was just saying that in general Boss posts over rated numbers. Digital amps are more efficient and that one in particular should work fine.

New Post 02-12-2003 08:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for meanman101 Click here to Send meanman101 a Private Message Find more posts by meanman101 Add meanman101 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SentraStyleEMW

save your money and buy an amp that actually puts out some power.

New Post 02-12-2003 11:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SentraStyleEMW Click here to Send SentraStyleEMW a Private Message Find more posts by SentraStyleEMW Add SentraStyleEMW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unruly

I would be extremely impressed if the Boss even put out 1000w RMS @ 2ohms.

New Post 02-13-2003 10:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Unruly Click here to Send Unruly a Private Message Find more posts by Unruly Add Unruly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
meanman101

I really dont understand why Boss has such a bad rap. Sure they over rate their amps but you only pay for what your getting. The Boss REV 2000 claims 2000 watts max. Boss is unofficially supposed to put out half of the RMS, so say that they claim RMS is 1000, half of that is 500 watts. Say the amp is 2 channel, so we divide by 2, thats 250 watts rms per channel when they are claiming 2000 watts. $100 - $150 is not a bad price for a 500 watt amp. Just my .02

New Post 02-13-2003 10:14 PM
Unruly

When you put it in those terms, I agree totally. There should be an industry standard that ALL manufacturers strictly adhere to. One reason for the cost difference besides quality is the power supply of, for instance, of a RF 1001BD can sustain an output of 1000w RMS much longer than the Boss.

New Post 02-13-2003 10:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Unruly Click here to Send Unruly a Private Message Find more posts by Unruly Add Unruly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
meanman101

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-13-2003 by Unruly
When you put it in those terms, I agree totally. There should be an industry standard that ALL manufacturers strictly adhere to. One reason for the cost difference besides quality is the power supply of, for instance, of a RF 1001BD can sustain an output of 1000w RMS much longer than the Boss.

Yah, those cheap quality parts is what makes companies like Boss filthy rich. You get an amp at a great price but a year later (if your lucky) you have to get another one. But from what I understand that is about to change for Boss. Boss has entered into a contract with Pioneer. Boss amps and other equiptment from Boss will be made with Pioneer components. I have purchased a Boss HU a little more expensive then the rest of their HUs and I have had it for 9 months now without any problems. I now that Pioneer amps arnt all that but for Boss its a step up. But your right, durability and reliability is something we should take into account when making an investment.

New Post 02-13-2003 11:42 PM
vaperz

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-13-2003 by meanman101
Yah, those cheap quality parts is what makes companies like Boss filthy rich. You get an amp at a great price but a year later (if your lucky) you have to get another one. But from what I understand that is about to change for Boss. Boss has entered into a contract with Pioneer. Boss amps and other equiptment from Boss will be made with Pioneer components. I have purchased a Boss HU a little more expensive then the rest of their HUs and I have had it for 9 months now without any problems. I now that Pioneer amps arnt all that but for Boss its a step up. But your right, durability and reliability is something we should take into account when making an investment.

If you are interested I got a good quality amp you can use on those subs for $300. Its a Cadence A7..does 1400 watts and does it cleanly.. email me at vaperzcc@hotmail.com

New Post 02-18-2003 04:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for vaperz Click here to Send vaperz a Private Message Find more posts by vaperz Add vaperz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting