Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > CarStereo.com Lobby > Funniest Car Audio Stories
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pioneer~Saturn

Funniest Car Audio Stories

Hey guys,

Just wanted to start a thread with everyones absolute worst audio stories (funny ones)...where someone just makes an absolute fool of themselves...Just leave your worst story (or stories) for everyone to read...

I'll start it off.

This guy bought a head unit from a shop and didn't want to pay extra to have it installed and thought he would have a go himself. Sure enough two days latter he came back quite pissed off complaining that no matter what he did the unit would not work and demanded a refund. The installer asked him to drive it into the back of the shop so he could have a look. Next thing the installer came into the retail area of the shop with signs that he was trying to hold back extreme laughter. He urged the other installers and salesmen to have a look under the hood of the car. They went out and what they saw was: on the firewall of the car a nice shinny polished coke can with beautiful aluminium brackets holding it neatly in place. A black wire was running into the can which was filled with dirt. When asked what it was all about the guy replied "The instructions said to put the black wire to a good ground".

lmao..

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-18-2008 03:09 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Pioneer~Saturn Click here to Send Pioneer~Saturn a Private Message Find more posts by Pioneer~Saturn Add Pioneer~Saturn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

don't laugh!  I bet you that's what some major chains might do like Bestbuy or Circuit City.  They'll charge you an arm & a leg for installation and they might cut corners like that.

I remember my first sub which was a gawd awful bazooka tube BTA8200.  I bought a standard 50 foot amp kit and THEY claimed I was 10 feet short for an install on a 1991 toyota corolla!  Well at the time I HAD to pay extra because I didn't want an incomplete system...

New Post 03-18-2008 05:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pioneer~Saturn

What? im pretty confident that they wouldnt do this to someones car...put a can with dirt in it as someones 'ground'?...lmao

New Post 03-18-2008 06:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Pioneer~Saturn Click here to Send Pioneer~Saturn a Private Message Find more posts by Pioneer~Saturn Add Pioneer~Saturn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-18-2008 by Pioneer~Saturn

What? im pretty confident that they wouldnt do this to someones car...put a can with dirt in it as someones 'ground'?...lmao

you never know!  They might do it to someone completely oblivious to installs...perhaps put the can of dirt way down underneath engine components!

New Post 03-19-2008 12:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oldsmobileman

Guy buys a stereo from me, I offer dash kit, harness, ant adapter, and installation. I urge him that if he is going to do it himself to either solder and shrink wrap, or use butt connectors...whatever he does just dont use electrical tape it melts off here in Florida..... Same Guy comes in says he is having problems with his stereo, so I offer to check it out. I pull the deck out of the dash...it's not mounted of course, no tools required! I look at the harness and I seen something I had never seen in my entire life...I couldn't even make this up if I thought about it. The guy had speaker wires touching because...are you ready.... the Cigarette Butt connectors had fell off!!! He said I had to smoke damn near a pack to install that radio.. Be careful, people like this exist, they live in your town too,....they might even be related to you. Be more explanatory to those with less teeth and more tattoos than you.

New Post 03-20-2008 02:54 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for oldsmobileman Click here to Send oldsmobileman a Private Message Find more posts by oldsmobileman Add oldsmobileman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pioneer~Saturn

haha, nice

New Post 03-24-2008 12:04 AM
BassHead1984

RE: Funniest Car Audio Stories

quote:
Originally posted on 03-18-2008 by Pioneer~Saturn

Hey guys,

Just wanted to start a thread with everyones absolute worst audio stories (funny ones)...where someone just makes an absolute fool of themselves...Just leave your worst story (or stories) for everyone to read...

I'll start it off.

This guy bought a head unit from a shop and didn't want to pay extra to have it installed and thought he would have a go himself. Sure enough two days latter he came back quite pissed off complaining that no matter what he did the unit would not work and demanded a refund. The installer asked him to drive it into the back of the shop so he could have a look. Next thing the installer came into the retail area of the shop with signs that he was trying to hold back extreme laughter. He urged the other installers and salesmen to have a look under the hood of the car. They went out and what they saw was: on the firewall of the car a nice shinny polished coke can with beautiful aluminium brackets holding it neatly in place. A black wire was running into the can which was filled with dirt. When asked what it was all about the guy replied "The instructions said to put the black wire to a good ground".

lmao..

well that installer must have been retarded.

New Post 03-28-2008 10:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for BassHead1984 Click here to Send BassHead1984 a Private Message Find more posts by BassHead1984 Add BassHead1984 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MastaSquidge

RE: RE: Funniest Car Audio Stories

quote:
Originally posted on 03-28-2008 by BassHead1984

well that installer must have been retarded.

The guy installed it himself, not the installer he got it from.

New Post 03-30-2008 10:02 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MastaSquidge Click here to Send MastaSquidge a Private Message Find more posts by MastaSquidge Add MastaSquidge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ArmedRebel

This isn't really a story of stupididy but I think I got best buy pretty good. I bought a pair of alpine speakers off ebay ("NEW") and the jerkoff who I bought them for sent me speakers that had missing capacitors (or something) on one speakers so it produced shitty quality. Well I didn't feel like going through the hassle of returning them to the seller and I wanted my speakers, so what I did was went to best buy and bought the same pair of speakers, installed the new ones and put in the ones I bought from ebay in the box that I got from best buy. (best buy sold them for $150 and I got them for $70 + shipping on ebay) I tried to return the speakers but they wouldn't return them (because they were damaged) but they DID exchange them for another new pair of speakers. So a few days later I went to another best buy and returned them for the full price. :)

AND THEN get this, the person I bought them from on ebay refunded me 50% so I would take back the negative rating. So I ended up getting a brand new pair of $150 speakers for $35 plus shipping.

New Post 03-30-2008 09:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ArmedRebel Click here to Send ArmedRebel a Private Message Find more posts by ArmedRebel Add ArmedRebel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MastaSquidge

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-30-2008 by ArmedRebel

This isn't really a story of stupididy but I think I got best buy pretty good. I bought a pair of alpine speakers off ebay ("NEW") and the jerkoff who I bought them for sent me speakers that had missing capacitors (or something) on one speakers so it produced shitty quality. Well I didn't feel like going through the hassle of returning them to the seller and I wanted my speakers, so what I did was went to best buy and bought the same pair of speakers, installed the new ones and put in the ones I bought from ebay in the box that I got from best buy. (best buy sold them for $150 and I got them for $70 + shipping on ebay) I tried to return the speakers but they wouldn't return them (because they were damaged) but they DID exchange them for another new pair of speakers. So a few days later I went to another best buy and returned them for the full price. :)

AND THEN get this, the person I bought them from on ebay refunded me 50% so I would take back the negative rating. So I ended up getting a brand new pair of $150 speakers for $35 plus shipping.

Very nicely done!

New Post 03-31-2008 01:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MastaSquidge Click here to Send MastaSquidge a Private Message Find more posts by MastaSquidge Add MastaSquidge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
memphisman

Well the best one i got is this. I uninstalled a system in a car for a friend of mine because he was selling the car..He had a stock radio, he just added a box subs and amp....AND HE WENT TO A PROFESSIONAL INSTALLER!!!

I removed the stock cd player expecting to 5 wires to be slpiced into with t taps for the remote and speaker wires to be changed into rcas....well what i saw was that every wire had been cut and wrapped back together instead of any connectors because the guy didn't know what a tester was...and instead of at least electrical tape there was paper ziptied on...OMG...i could not believe it... and instead of bridging the two subs like he told my buddy he did this...the subs were dual 4 ohm.... subs wired at 8 ohms each but when they came into the amp both subs were....parenthseys being where the wires were....(+)(-) - +....yea that was was really bridging it...and how he set up the amp...gain all the way up, level all the way up, everything else...all the way down...

New Post 04-01-2008 03:28 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for memphisman Click here to Send memphisman a Private Message Find more posts by memphisman Add memphisman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
propimp

TCAB, Ron Peavy(sp) funny shit right there

New Post 04-01-2008 01:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for propimp Click here to Send propimp a Private Message Find more posts by propimp Add propimp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MastaSquidge

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 04-01-2008 by memphisman

Well the best one i got is this. I uninstalled a system in a car for a friend of mine because he was selling the car..He had a stock radio, he just added a box subs and amp....AND HE WENT TO A PROFESSIONAL INSTALLER!!!

I removed the stock cd player expecting to 5 wires to be slpiced into with t taps for the remote and speaker wires to be changed into rcas....well what i saw was that every wire had been cut and wrapped back together instead of any connectors because the guy didn't know what a tester was...and instead of at least electrical tape there was paper ziptied on...OMG...i could not believe it... and instead of bridging the two subs like he told my buddy he did this...the subs were dual 4 ohm.... subs wired at 8 ohms each but when they came into the amp both subs were....parenthseys being where the wires were....(+)(-) - +....yea that was was really bridging it...and how he set up the amp...gain all the way up, level all the way up, everything else...all the way down...

This guy should be sued asap for that shit.

Or as I would prefer, take him out back and beat his ass.

New Post 04-02-2008 08:49 AM
memphisman

Yea tell me about it....I just wish if people knew they weren't going to do it right they wouldn't do it at all...

New Post 04-10-2008 03:31 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for memphisman Click here to Send memphisman a Private Message Find more posts by memphisman Add memphisman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting