Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > head units with usb inputs
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
gameguru1360

head units with usb inputs

is anyone here on this forum using head units with usb inputs?? 

I have the kenwood KDC-X492 and I love having the usb input in the front.  I purchased a 16gb Patriot usb flash drive and I gotta say that it sure makes it convenient to listen to your music without fumbling for cdr's or carrying an mp3 player the size of an ipod!

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-18-2008 05:24 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DMIguy

Yea. I have the kennwood mp 632u and my flash drive is behind the deck and is looped around to the front by a usb connect cable.....I love it. I tend to think the music much clearer! cant go wrong with it.

New Post 03-19-2008 10:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DMIguy Click here to Send DMIguy a Private Message Find more posts by DMIguy Add DMIguy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

sure beats using cds or being able to see your mp3s on the deck if you have a non-ipod mp3 player.

Only thing that sucks is that 32gb is the max limit on flash drives.  Yes there is that tweak you can do to allow a larger partition on fat32 drives.  Cool thing about the flash drives is that they're small enough to be stored in a shirt pocket.  I tried using an ntfs external maxtor drive that was usb powered, but learned that my head unit only supports fat and fat32 flash drives.

New Post 03-19-2008 10:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DMIguy

you can always go with the 2 way spliter to inforce more gb......add anothe flash drive to it.......thats what mine is set up for.....go to wally world and pick one up for 10.00$

New Post 03-19-2008 10:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for DMIguy Click here to Send DMIguy a Private Message Find more posts by DMIguy Add DMIguy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

you mean like a usb hub??  so like get a 4 port usb hub and 4 32b flash drives??  Damn!

New Post 03-19-2008 11:25 AM
DMIguy

yeppers....thats what i did...and you can store a shit tone of music on it.....

New Post 03-19-2008 07:36 PM
buckboom00

The pioneer units with usb will support drives that are over 32 gb if anyone needs a unit that will handle a bigger hard/flash drive

New Post 03-20-2008 08:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for buckboom00 Click here to Send buckboom00 a Private Message Find more posts by buckboom00 Add buckboom00 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edzy

I have a X890. I am using a 4 gig flash. Thats like 1000 files. More then enough for me right now. But I am looking into using FLAC files so I may need more 4 gig drives. That HU only sopprts up to 4 gig I believe as well, but on the plus side, whith the PhatNoise music manager it can tranfer FLAC files. One of the few HUs on the market that can do that right now. Other options are external powered harddrives that are 80 gig and above. but at that stage, I would just use a carputer.

But I love the usb.

New Post 03-21-2008 10:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for edzy Click here to Send edzy a Private Message Find more posts by edzy Add edzy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
3rd

*sigh* I need one but I dont know what to get, I dont wanna spend alot on a head unit - I rather put it into the speakers and amps but I need a good USB head unit

New Post 03-24-2008 10:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for 3rd Click here to Send 3rd a Private Message Find more posts by 3rd Add 3rd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edzy

Look at kenwoods, like the x500 line, x800 and x900 lines. the 500 line is the cheapest. If you can find a x590 or x890 youe good.

New Post 03-24-2008 10:06 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for edzy Click here to Send edzy a Private Message Find more posts by edzy Add edzy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
3rd

thanks, actually last night I ended up gettin this at a pretty good deal

www.electronicsbonanza.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=13318&sku=11405&src=g

New Post 03-25-2008 08:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for 3rd Click here to Send 3rd a Private Message Find more posts by 3rd Add 3rd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
boltonic

I have a pioneer 600ub is the best all all around usb headunit. The 6000ub is the same as the 600ub just without the preimere name and cheaper. I SAY PIONEER FOR HEADUNIT!!

New Post 03-30-2008 06:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for boltonic Click here to Send boltonic a Private Message Find more posts by boltonic Add boltonic to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bjjnovice

USB remote

Can any of you toggle through your music without going to the HU???- meaning, can I use the mp3 player to look for the music I want to listen to?

Which HU will do that?

New Post 04-03-2008 08:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bjjnovice Click here to Send bjjnovice a Private Message Find more posts by bjjnovice Add bjjnovice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DMIguy

Alpine hu newer modles that are specified for mp3 players and such

New Post 04-03-2008 08:19 PM
Foster98GT

Im looking at the Alpine IDA X 200...I have a sony mp3 player. will it work with that head unit?

New Post 04-07-2008 08:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Foster98GT Click here to Send Foster98GT a Private Message Find more posts by Foster98GT Add Foster98GT to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting