Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > > 1000 watt fuse
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jlaccord

1000 watt fuse

im running a 1000w to my subs and just burned out one of my fuses. its a 100amp agu fuse, shud i get the same one or shud i use a different fuse?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 08-04-2008 03:46 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jlaccord Click here to Send jlaccord a Private Message Find more posts by jlaccord Add jlaccord to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oeking87

Fuses

Most Amps Say The Recomended Fuses To Run From The Battery.

New Post 08-04-2008 07:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Oeking87 Click here to Send Oeking87 a Private Message Find more posts by Oeking87 Add Oeking87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N2Audio

It would help to know what amps are running through the fuse.

Unless it's defective - It's pretty hard to blow a fuse if it's correctly sized.

You might consider a switch to ANL.

New Post 08-04-2008 09:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
only126db

AGU fuses only go up to 60 amps....

I have seen some rated at 100 amps but thats a bogus rating.

A 60 amp AGU fuse will pop at about 100 amps, I think this is where they are getting the 100 amp labeling.

Go with a 100 amp ANL and it will not blow.

New Post 08-04-2008 02:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for only126db Click here to Send only126db a Private Message Find more posts by only126db Add only126db to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MastaSquidge

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-04-2008 by only126db

AGU fuses only go up to 60 amps....

I have seen some rated at 100 amps but thats a bogus rating.

A 60 amp AGU fuse will pop at about 100 amps, I think this is where they are getting the 100 amp labeling.

Go with a 100 amp ANL and it will not blow.

Id like some more info imo.

Is it 1000w rms or just a 1000w peak amp. Because im running 700wrms on a 60 amp fuse with zero problems. Then again it may or may not be less than 700wrms even at full volume, but the "peak" rating on both amps add up to 1600w. See how thats important?

Im guessing since your name is jlaccord that you have a JL amp, in which case that little fuse you are using is the problem, and you should go ANL with at least 100amps.

New Post 08-04-2008 11:45 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for MastaSquidge Click here to Send MastaSquidge a Private Message Find more posts by MastaSquidge Add MastaSquidge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jlaccord

i have a jl 1000/1 at 4 ohms. do you guys think it could be a short from somewhere, because i tried an 80 amp agu and it blew in a second. the wire running to my second amp for the highs was a little loose when i checked it today but that wire does not run thru a fuse????

New Post 08-05-2008 02:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for jlaccord Click here to Send jlaccord a Private Message Find more posts by jlaccord Add jlaccord to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
frpower

Yeah like the other guy said jl recomends a 100 amp anl fuse with 4 guage power and ground, if its blowing that the you must have a short some where,check all your wires real good.

New Post 08-05-2008 08:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for frpower Click here to Send frpower a Private Message Find more posts by frpower Add frpower to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
frpower

You said the wire for your second amp does have a fuse in it, make shure you put  the proper size fuse on that wire as close to the power source as possible.

New Post 08-05-2008 08:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for frpower Click here to Send frpower a Private Message Find more posts by frpower Add frpower to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
michanic220

look at all you're amps fuses and make sure there the right fuse for the right amp. add them all together, and thats what size fuse you should use. if it pop's then go 5-10 amps higher. but it shouldnt.

New Post 08-06-2008 04:39 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for michanic220 Click here to Send michanic220 a Private Message Find more posts by michanic220 Add michanic220 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jlaccord

interesting....but my battery is my trunk and there are no wires under the hood. the funny thing is that i tried another fuse today and i tried playing a different song, and it never blew!! all the times my fuse blew was under the same song, so i never found out the problem but i will look into the anl fuses, and i just wont play that same song again till i do lol. thanks all for the help.

New Post 08-06-2008 10:52 PM
only126db

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-06-2008 by jlaccord

interesting....but my battery is my trunk and there are no wires under the hood. the funny thing is that i tried another fuse today and i tried playing a different song, and it never blew!! all the times my fuse blew was under the same song, so i never found out the problem but i will look into the anl fuses, and i just wont play that same song again till i do lol. thanks all for the help.

You can get ANL fuses from Ebay for $3 and fuse holders for $10, I actually found an ANL fuse holder for 1/0g wire at my local $.99 cent store!! I have heard many times over AGU fuses suck....I dont know why but thats what alot of people say...

New Post 08-07-2008 12:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for only126db Click here to Send only126db a Private Message Find more posts by only126db Add only126db to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N2Audio

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-07-2008 by only126db

You can get ANL fuses from Ebay for $3 and fuse holders for $10, I actually found an ANL fuse holder for 1/0g wire at my local $.99 cent store!! I have heard many times over AGU fuses suck....I dont know why but thats what alot of people say...

They don't "suck" -- they'll do what they're designed to do, but there is more room for defect since the element is soldered to the end caps.  Some of the cheap ones have poor solders which can be a source of voltage drop and sometimes they'll open even though their current rating hasn't been exceeded.

ANL's are solid pieces of metal and are much less likely to have problems like the AGU's.

New Post 08-07-2008 09:11 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
only126db

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-07-2008 by MaximusCarAudio

yup and some company came out with them maxi blade fuses. They start out at higher amp rating then agu and stop in the middle of the anl range but they never took off. Hell I only stock one of each size at the shop since I have only had someone ask once for it.

Alot of amps use the Maxi Blades

New Post 08-07-2008 08:05 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting