Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > CarStereo.com Lobby > new install
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
xtreme347ford

new install

Bass pounder here working on my first custom install looking for feed back on photos if you see somthing that wont work let me know. Going big this time 15" subs 1300rms twin amps 1300rms twin caps 1.0 farad neon lighting strob lighting boxes biult to specs. closed in interior for that pro look. Going to try and make the mid section of the box automatically open by push button tune my amps push the to close the section a full system monitor up front so i can view while driving. The hard is climate controled system get the fans to come on auto when the temp gets high. Pluse much more let you pros know whats happening.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 09-02-2008 11:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for xtreme347ford Click here to Send xtreme347ford a Private Message Find more posts by xtreme347ford Add xtreme347ford to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pioneer~Saturn

Sounds good. But I would ditch the cap(s) idea and simply put the money saved into upgrading the wiring under your hood and all around in your setup...along with thinking about replacing your battery with an XS Power, Kinetik, Stinger, BatCap, Northstar, or other reputable battery make. And if you still have bad voltage-drop after the wiring upgrades and the battery upgrade, you'll need to look into a high-output alternator to combat it as well (if that is your case...contact Mechman alternators...they will have an option for you pretty much no matter what you drive...they have great output at idle and they give you a birth sheet with an output-curve chart from dyno testing that they do before they ship it to you...fantastic company and fantastic alternators)

But I seriously think just beefing up your your wiring and upgrading your battery to a more high-perofrmance one will be enough since it is that much power really. Good luck though

New Post 09-03-2008 12:44 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Pioneer~Saturn Click here to Send Pioneer~Saturn a Private Message Find more posts by Pioneer~Saturn Add Pioneer~Saturn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
xtreme347ford

to:pioneer~saturn

Clinton here thanks for the heads up on the caps good call. I was going to use the caps to keep power to the amps at all times my to addiquit lenght power draw 4ga 95 amp alt so i belive im good to go. If not ill scrap the caps and upgrade the electrical system.

thanks for  the  feedback

xtreme347ford

New Post 09-03-2008 11:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for xtreme347ford Click here to Send xtreme347ford a Private Message Find more posts by xtreme347ford Add xtreme347ford to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

there's a lot of mixed reviews about using a capacitor on this forum...some swear by them while others say that they don't work for crap.  After reading on numerous posts, I would say it's advisable to put that money towards a 2nd battery like the ones pioneer saturn suggested.

New Post 09-10-2008 07:43 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting