Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > > Im Depressed lol
Go Back Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
RainMan215

Im Depressed lol

ok im building my system 1 piece @ a time ... so far all i have is  2 alpine type rs (12" ) and a design for my sub box(2.5 cu ft sealed). i was talking to my friend about which amp i should buy (hes a little more experienced in systems then i am) but he said i should buy  a 3000 watt amp ... or 2 1500 watt amps .... now i dont know about that .... but if i do ... thats gonna overpower my actual music sooooo much .... then id have to upgrade my stock speakers i would assume ... and then buy a amp for the regular speakers :-( ... this is alot of money that i didnt calculate early int he ... design process lol... im just so confused right now. can some1 enlighten me on what i should do/buy ... whatever ... im just .... lost.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 11-22-2008 09:59 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RainMan215 Click here to Send RainMan215 a Private Message Find more posts by RainMan215 Add RainMan215 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1sr

Get a 1k watt rms amp to power them.

New Post 11-22-2008 11:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 1sr Click here to Send 1sr a Private Message Find more posts by 1sr Add 1sr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pioneer~Saturn

One of the Hifonics Brutus 1600 watt amps would do pretty good with them...Or if you have the money a Sundown SAZ-1500

New Post 11-23-2008 02:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Pioneer~Saturn Click here to Send Pioneer~Saturn a Private Message Find more posts by Pioneer~Saturn Add Pioneer~Saturn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1sr

Actually what's the model number on those Type R's?

New Post 11-23-2008 08:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 1sr Click here to Send 1sr a Private Message Find more posts by 1sr Add 1sr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hispls

There aren't many subs on the market that can handle an honest 1500W for very long and I promise the type R is NOT any part of that list.  Type X yeah..., but not the R's.

And you are right to worry about not only drowning out your fronts (which you will likely want to upgrade eventually anyway), but running 3KW will almost certainly require very expensive electrical system upgrades.  If you stay <1200W chances are you'll be able to run things off your factory charging system.

I'd agree that 1000W or a little more between the pair would be fine.   Plenty of options depending on your budget.

New Post 11-24-2008 12:26 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for hispls Click here to Send hispls a Private Message Find more posts by hispls Add hispls to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1sr

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 11-24-2008 by hispls

There aren't many subs on the market that can handle an honest 1500W for very long and I promise the type R is NOT any part of that list.  Type X yeah..., but not the R's.

And you are right to worry about not only drowning out your fronts (which you will likely want to upgrade eventually anyway), but running 3KW will almost certainly require very expensive electrical system upgrades.  If you stay <1200W chances are you'll be able to run things off your factory charging system.

I'd agree that 1000W or a little more between the pair would be fine.   Plenty of options depending on your budget.

X2 that's why I said a 1k rms amp

New Post 11-24-2008 12:33 AM
RainMan215

i went with a alpine mrp m1000 ... should be here in a few days ... now all i need is a car lol. but ill install this stuff in my dads old blazer while hes out of town next week ... but is 2.5 cu ft good for dual sealed type rs?... this may sound dumb but i was just admiring my subs and noticed the wiring terminals i guess youwould call them ... (its like you press it down ... insert the wire ... and when you release it ... it somewhat crimps it i assumed) .... how far would i put the exposed speaker wire into the terminal?

New Post 11-24-2008 11:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RainMan215 Click here to Send RainMan215 a Private Message Find more posts by RainMan215 Add RainMan215 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1sr

I've always put it in there so it sticks out a lil bit

New Post 11-25-2008 01:25 AM
RainMan215

ok my amp wires came in yesterday .... now with the rca wires theres also 2 ring terminals on each end of the rca wire .... what are they for? its 2 small black wires coming out of the rca wire jacket and they have rings on the end ...

andd my speaker wire .... its 12 gauge ... andd it ddoesnt say positive or negative on the wire ... just 1 is square and the other jacket is circular .... as long as i keep the wire connected to the same  charge like (+) then i should be goodd ... like for examplde .... say i use the circular jacket wire for positive ... as long as i use that wire for all the positive connections everything shouldd be good? then the square for negative?

thanks in advance

New Post 11-27-2008 12:29 PM
1sr

As far as the wires that should be good. The rca thing almost sounds like it could be so you can ground them for engine noise. What kind of rcas do you have

New Post 11-28-2008 01:02 AM
larrypeters86

They're most likely a remote turn on  wire.

New Post 11-28-2008 09:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RainMan215

The whole kit is nitro

New Post 11-28-2008 10:31 AM
JDMYANG

Hey RainMan u gonna be happy with those subs....i sacraficed my 2 10 w6 for 2 12's type r which i think was a good idea but its ur first system so it should be good....but imma try a ported box soon....im currently runnin 2 jl 1000/1..& 1  to each and its doin good but its only 1/3 up..

New Post 12-02-2008 10:30 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JDMYANG Click here to Send JDMYANG a Private Message Find more posts by JDMYANG Add JDMYANG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RainMan215

This is what i finished doing tonight. Im not gonna do the holes for the actual subs until the gorilla glue or w/e dries and i get the wires ready to go.

Questions .... can i use gorilla glue or shouldd i use the traditional caulk or w/e. i had some from my job so i just decidded to use it lol.

Is it ok to just drill a hole in the back/side for the speaker wire or should i get a terminal cup

28x11x14 = 2.5 cu ft. http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n205/KriptKeepa24/100_1352.jpg

New Post 12-10-2008 09:02 PM
JDMYANG

gorilla glue should be ok...but u should use a terminal cup...cuz of air leaks

New Post 12-10-2008 09:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for JDMYANG Click here to Send JDMYANG a Private Message Find more posts by JDMYANG Add JDMYANG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting