Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Bad Pioneer 980bt HU channel?
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Luther

Bad Pioneer 980bt HU channel?

I have a new problem I've never encountered. Pioneer 980bt, two separate amps running fronts and rears. BOTH right side speakers have slight distortion on bass hits - I almost thought it was just vibrating in the door panel in the front. I took the door panel off and it's definitely coming from the speaker. Rear speaker has it worse, very noticeable distortion. So if the same problem persists on both front and rear speakers ONLY on the right side (and both are powered by separate amps), it must be a HU problem Right? I get the same distortion from CD player or ipod. I'll do more trouble shooting tomorrow. Any chance this is grounding, or would that be heard on all four speakers? Any tips or thoughts on this problem? Thanks!

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 12-11-2008 05:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Luther Click here to Send Luther a Private Message Find more posts by Luther Add Luther to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
1sr

I doubt it's a ground problem. It might just be your rca's are messing up on the inside of the h/u. I had a problem with an Alpine where the bass on my subs would lower like if I was having bass dips but it was the rca's.

New Post 12-11-2008 09:36 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for 1sr Click here to Send 1sr a Private Message Find more posts by 1sr Add 1sr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Texicanz

RE: Bad Pioneer 980bt HU channel?

quote:
Originally posted on 12-11-2008 by Luther
I have a new problem I've never encountered. Pioneer 980bt, two separate amps running fronts and rears. BOTH right side speakers have slight distortion on bass hits - I almost thought it was just vibrating in the door panel in the front. I took the door panel off and it's definitely coming from the speaker. Rear speaker has it worse, very noticeable distortion. So if the same problem persists on both front and rear speakers ONLY on the right side (and both are powered by separate amps), it must be a HU problem Right? I get the same distortion from CD player or ipod. I'll do more trouble shooting tomorrow. Any chance this is grounding, or would that be heard on all four speakers? Any tips or thoughts on this problem? Thanks!

yeah the rca jacks on pioneer headunits suck

New Post 12-12-2008 11:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Texicanz Click here to Send Texicanz a Private Message Find more posts by Texicanz Add Texicanz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
andymtx

RE: RE: Bad Pioneer 980bt HU channel?

quote:
Originally posted on 12-12-2008 by Texicanz
yeah the rca jacks on pioneer headunits suck

how do they suck? Because they use little fuses on them? If everyone who thought they were a car audio installer would ground their amps correctly Pioneer would not have to installed these fuses. It beats burning a trace off of the board.

New Post 12-13-2008 10:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for andymtx Click here to Send andymtx a Private Message Find more posts by andymtx Add andymtx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Luther

Interesting results from my trouble shooting. First I pushed the reset on the HU to clear the processor. Then did more testing with door panels off and on. I found that the plastic film door barrier was one culprit, so trimmed most of that away. Applied more damplifier to the door panels in strategic places, triple checked fits (the Tundra clearances for speakers are very tight), screwed the rear woofer in more, trimmed a little more plastic around the grill, and voila, vibration "distortions" gone. It was just a coincidence that both right side doors had vibration problems. While I was at it, I ran the auto TA and EQ just for fun (in my van the results were awful...), and am amazed how great it sounds. I don't know if there is a glitch in my HU crossover system, or if the processor just got corrupted, but I do think sometimes there are errors in output when adjusting it. Same with the TA. But now that I started with a clean reset, it all sounds great, super clean, and very powerful output. Lesson learned, quadruple check all vibrations, and reset your electronics occasionally for a clean slate.

New Post 12-13-2008 10:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Luther Click here to Send Luther a Private Message Find more posts by Luther Add Luther to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
andymtx

Glad you found it Luther.

New Post 12-13-2008 11:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for andymtx Click here to Send andymtx a Private Message Find more posts by andymtx Add andymtx to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Texicanz

RE: RE: RE: Bad Pioneer 980bt HU channel?

quote:
Originally posted on 12-13-2008 by andymtx

how do they suck? Because they use little fuses on them? If everyone who thought they were a car audio installer would ground their amps correctly Pioneer would not have to installed these fuses. It beats burning a trace off of the board.

you can ground your amp correctly and pioneer rca jack will still give off engine noise the pico fuses on them suck

New Post 12-13-2008 04:21 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Texicanz Click here to Send Texicanz a Private Message Find more posts by Texicanz Add Texicanz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

I would love to hear where you got that info.

New Post 12-14-2008 11:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Texicanz

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-14-2008 by larrypeters86

I would love to hear where you got that info.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198477&highlight=pioneer+bad+rca

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337644&highlight=ENGINE+NOISE

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=366076&highlight=pioneer+bad+rca

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=367562&highlight=pioneer+pico

and if you search on here and caraudio.com and  find more info about ihow people have problems with pioneer rca jacks  cause from there cheap pico fuses

New Post 12-15-2008 02:09 AM
andymtx

I have been a Pioneer and Premier dealer since 1997 and have only heard about these PICO fuse things about a year ago, and it was on a forum such as this, funny how I never had any problems with noise in any system I have installed using a Pioneer deck in 11+ years.

Are PICO fuses a bad idea? I will say NO again, people who do not install stuff properly are a bad idea.

And FYI Mex... I am not picking on you, I am speaking about everyone.

New Post 12-20-2008 04:58 PM
Texicanz

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-20-2008 by andymtx

I have been a Pioneer and Premier dealer since 1997 and have only heard about these PICO fuse things about a year ago, and it was on a forum such as this, funny how I never had any problems with noise in any system I have installed using a Pioneer deck in 11+ years.

Are PICO fuses a bad idea? I will say NO again, people who do not install stuff properly are a bad idea.

And FYI Mex... I am not picking on you, I am speaking about everyone.

i am just tellin my exprience from havein the the pioneer deh-p8600mp and i am not knockin the pioneer head unit its actually had great features on the head unit  what i did not not like about it they come with a small pico fuse that is hard to replace and it blows real easy that causes the rca jacks to make noise either way i am  just givein my opinion just like u and it dont take a professional to install a head unit its pretty easy if you know how to read the head unit installation manual

New Post 12-20-2008 06:30 PM
1sr

I must agree I own a Pioneer and will stick by Pioneer, but they are noisy h/u. Just about every Pioneer I've installed has always had engine noise. It's almost a must to ground your rcas to get rid of it.

New Post 12-22-2008 12:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for 1sr Click here to Send 1sr a Private Message Find more posts by 1sr Add 1sr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Texicanz

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-22-2008 by 1sr

I must agree I own a Pioneer and will stick by Pioneer, but they are noisy h/u. Just about every Pioneer I've installed has always had engine noise. It's almost a must to ground your rcas to get rid of it.

i agree with that what i am trying to tell andymtx my opinion on pioneer with the engine noises the pioneer rca jack have they do make good deck just hate there rca jack outputs

New Post 12-22-2008 12:18 AM
1sr

X2

New Post 12-22-2008 12:29 AM
Luther

Interesting info on the RCAs. I can't say that I've ever experienced noise with me deck, sometimes some weird behavior, but no noise (that could be isolated to the deck). My stepson has a pioneer too, and his has run without problems. I wonder if it's older pioneer decks, non-premier, or lower level decks that may have these problems...

New Post 12-22-2008 09:38 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting