Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > > The Saturn: Ready to Rock : )
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pioneer~Saturn

The Saturn: Ready to Rock : )

Hey guys,

The Saturn got a wiring and battery upgrade to bring it's electrical up to a more respectable level [Smile] ...Enjoy

Pair of D3100's and a solid copper bar (.25" x 1.25") for busbars...

-

-

Engine bay before upgrade...blah..

-

Heating up the copper for bending..

-

Horizontal bandsaw cutting the copper down..

-

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 12-13-2008 09:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Pioneer~Saturn Click here to Send Pioneer~Saturn a Private Message Find more posts by Pioneer~Saturn Add Pioneer~Saturn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pioneer~Saturn

-

-

Drilled and tapped..

-

-

-

-

-

New Post 12-13-2008 09:57 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Pioneer~Saturn Click here to Send Pioneer~Saturn a Private Message Find more posts by Pioneer~Saturn Add Pioneer~Saturn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pioneer~Saturn

Sides of frame prepped for wiring..

-

Some power wire..

-

Had to take out the spare tire tie-down for batt's in the spare tire wheel well..

-

Starting the power wire runs and fusing upfront..

-

New Post 12-13-2008 09:58 AM
Pioneer~Saturn

-

-

Flying saturn!..

-

-

-

(it looks like theyre just sagging and hanging, but theyre more secure now)

-

Made it to the trunk..

-

Ground runs' turn..

-

Hole through the front, passenger side wheel well..

-

Finishing the busbars..

-

-

-

Ground runs starting..

-

-

-

New Post 12-13-2008 09:59 AM
Pioneer~Saturn

-

Ground runs made it to the trunk..

-

Getting the speaker wire ready (yes, that's 4-gauge)

-

Mounting terminal..

-

Sizing up mounting for the amp..

-

For the inside of the enclosure..(8-gauge)

-

-

-

-

-

New Post 12-13-2008 10:00 AM
Pioneer~Saturn

Got the amp's plate mounted and attaching anchors to mount the amp..

-

Trim panel back on...goes right over the 4-runs of 1/0 gauge [Big Grin]

-

-

Has plenty of clearance..

-

Mounting bracket I made to hold the batteries down..

-

-

Piece of angle iron bolted in front of the batteries...

-

Bolts for the busbars, have to cut them down..

-

Cutting them down..

-

Piece of allthread for the hold-down bracket..

-

-

(more later on about the bracket)

ground runs attached to their busbar..

-

New Post 12-13-2008 10:01 AM
Pioneer~Saturn

Prepping the rear fuse holders for the power runs..

-

Fuse holders cases mounted..

-

-

Power runs attached to their busbar..

-

-

-

(upfront in the engine bay..)

Bent the ground runs' ring terminals for a better fit on busbar..

-

Upfront finished! [Big Grin]

-

-

Needs more wires [Big Grin]

-

New Post 12-13-2008 10:02 AM
Pioneer~Saturn

(Back to the mounting bracket)

Super glued the nut on one end to keep it from spinning..

-

Caulk on the washer and nut to keep it sealed up..

-

-

Prepping the fuses and distro I need for the amp..

-

Fuses mounted (ofcourse I run out of blue kolossus...so I have to make due with silver, ugh)

-

-

Power runs for amp and theground run connected and done

-

-

Bracket tightened down and holds them FIRM

-

The busbars were a bit higher than I was expecting so I need to make a spacer for the enclosure to clear them and the wires..

-

-

-

-

Bedlining them so they dont look tacky..

-

New Post 12-13-2008 10:04 AM
Pioneer~Saturn

-

Bedlining done..

-

Sizing them up...

-

Mounted..

-

The 18 inspecting the upgrade...it seemed very pleased, but really just wanted to get back in the freakin trunk..

-

-

-

Wiring up the sub..

-

-

Port-wall mounting and fastened down..

-

Enclosure in and amp mounted and wired [Big Grin]

-

-

Heated up and bent a screwdriver to adjust the amp without pulling it..

-

I get everything in and go take a test drive and hear something rolling around and notice my phone's gone...MY FREAKING PHONE WAS INSIDE THE ENCLOSURE...lol, but I was kind of ticked. But I just pulled the port wall and got it..

-

FINISHED [Smile]

-

-

-

So far it's proven extremely solid [Big Grin] Im happy with it

New Post 12-13-2008 10:08 AM
Pioneer~Saturn

Alright, I got an ok video of it in action...but it didnt pick up half of what was going on : (

Here it is..

New Post 12-17-2008 12:37 AM
newfosgatesucks

Congrats...

Man, you have come a LONG WAY since I was here last.  And the quality of install is sweet!! You have to be the number one Most Improved. 

New Post 12-17-2008 03:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for newfosgatesucks Click here to Send newfosgatesucks a Private Message Find more posts by newfosgatesucks Add newfosgatesucks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

That is fuckin insane!!I love it.

New Post 12-17-2008 08:31 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pioneer~Saturn

Thanks guys : )

The best part is the satty still looks completely normal+stock and no one could tell that there's over 5000 watts ready to rip their heads off @ 35Hz...haha.

New Post 12-20-2008 12:53 AM
tjsaudio

Hey Doug the SATURN is looking Great.

Sorry that I have not been on here lately but kinda fell in love and got engaged.  It is almost better than Car audio in itself... I even Missed finals this year. and we took regionals and fell in 3rd in the world.  but it is looking great man, keep up the great work Doug.  Talk to you later

JIM

New Post 12-21-2008 10:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tjsaudio Click here to Send tjsaudio a Private Message Find more posts by tjsaudio Add tjsaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pioneer~Saturn

Thanks man and congrats!

New Post 12-21-2008 11:47 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
#1audio, from newport, NC. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. NRred2, from New York, NY. OnYrMrk, from Oklahoma City, OK. chosmo, from Austin, TX. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. Dal1as, from , MD. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kyat316, from Austin, TX. KickerBoy, from London Ontario, AL. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. pksimon28, from Plainfield, IL. jrdrywater, from pryor, OK. djbeats, from Jacksonville, FL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. larcos, from El Paso, TX. Mauro, from Erechim, AL. geob1kenobi, from Joshua, TX.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting