Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > CarStereo.com Lobby > Classified ads scammer
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
no1stunna

Classified ads scammer

smith001  contacted me about a classified ad I posted and was very suspicious in his email. He obviously did not even view the post because all of his questions were answered in the description. he wanted to use cashiers check and wire the shipping money. This is just like the craigslist scams that were going around. BEWARE

heres copies of the emails:

Hello, I came across your ad and I'll like to know the following questions regarding the ad. Q#1. How long have you owned it? Q#2. a) Have you owned it from new? b) If not how many previous owner? Q#3. Why are you selling it? Q#4. In your opinion, what sort of condition is it? Q#5. Any available photo? Q#6. How much are you asking for it? Q#7. Do you accept a Cashier Check as a mode of payment. I'll like to have the response to these question in your earliest convenience. Hope to hear from you soon.

Hello,
Thanks for the fast response towards this transaction,I'm okay with the asking price and the present conditions of it and i want you to note that i will be paying with a certified cashiers check and the payment that will be sent to you will include the shipper's fee which mean's you don't have to bother yourself on the shipping and immediately you receive the payment you will cash the payment and deduct your item fee and get the shipping cost wired via western union or money gram to the shipper's information that will be sent to you and if you are okay with this terms kindly get back to me with the Name,Address and your contact telephone number so that the payment can be issued out to you as soon as possible.
Hope to read from you soon...
Regards...

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 02-26-2009 04:51 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for no1stunna Click here to Send no1stunna a Private Message Find more posts by no1stunna Add no1stunna to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

did you tell him you prefer that he pay with Paypal instead??  cashier's check is riskier...sounds like a scam on those dating sites where scammers would have treasury checks mailed to you so that you cash them, then send the cash through western union...the "girl" and western union agent were usually in on it leaving you to answer to the FBI for cashing bogus checks..

New Post 03-03-2009 07:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
no1stunna

yeah, I told him either pay with paypal or forget it , I had the exact same email from another user yesterday. Obviously there are scammers on here too, it's unfortunate but people should know. If someone asks you questions that are already answered in the description (like price, condition, etc.) and they refer to what you have for sale as "your item" and don't ever actually mention what "it" is then just be careful. these scammers are on every classified listing site it seems.

New Post 03-03-2009 08:08 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for no1stunna Click here to Send no1stunna a Private Message Find more posts by no1stunna Add no1stunna to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
no1stunna

no offense towards foreign people or anyone who speaks broken english, but it seems like any of these potential scams I've been subject to are obviously written by a foreigner with broken english.  Here are actual examples of what i'm talking about in bold and underlined, notice the verbiage and how he never speaks of what is actually for sale.

Hello, I came across your ad and I'll like to know the following questions regarding the ad. Q#1. How long have you owned it? Q#2. a) Have you owned it from new? b) If not how many previous owner? Q#3. Why are you selling it? Q#4. In your opinion, what sort of condition is it? Q#5. Any available photo? Q#6. How much are you asking for it? Q#7. Do you accept a Cashier Check as a mode of payment. I'll like to have the response to these question in your earliest convenience. Hope to hear from you soon.

Hello,
Thanks for the fast response towards this transaction,I'm okay with the asking price and the present conditions of it and i want you to note that i will be paying with a certified cashiers check and the payment that will be sent to you will include the shipper's fee which mean's you don't have to bother yourself on the shipping and immediately you receive the payment you will cash the payment and deduct your item fee and get the shipping cost wired via western union or money gram to the shipper's information that will be sent to you and if you are okay with this terms kindly get back to me with the Name,Address and your contact telephone number so that the payment can be issued out to you as soon as possible.
Hope to read from you soon...
Regards...

New Post 03-03-2009 08:20 PM
CSK001

Nice Info.

Hi,

This is one of my favorite forum.  I would say, thanks for providing this useful information.  I, must appreciate the tools provided by you.  Please keep updating me.

CSK

New Post 03-07-2009 08:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CSK001 Click here to Send CSK001 a Private Message Find more posts by CSK001 Add CSK001 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fach

Anyime you see a bullshit email like that or they ask to pay through cashiers check or western union its a scam.  Happens on craigslist all the time.

New Post 03-08-2009 03:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Fach Click here to Send Fach a Private Message Find more posts by Fach Add Fach to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CSK001

Good Stuff

Hi, Wow, I just love this kind of stuff. This is the first time, I, visited this website and really like this one. Please keep updating me one this. CSk

New Post 03-12-2009 07:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CSK001 Click here to Send CSK001 a Private Message Find more posts by CSK001 Add CSK001 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Endo50

Oh Yeah scam Big Time.

New Post 03-22-2009 12:12 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Endo50 Click here to Send Endo50 a Private Message Find more posts by Endo50 Add Endo50 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Endo50

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 03-22-2009 by Endo50

Oh Yeah scam Big Time.

No1stunna

the way this person replyed to you sounds like the same type of person who ripped my son and i on a online deal, so just Beware

New Post 03-22-2009 12:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Endo50 Click here to Send Endo50 a Private Message Find more posts by Endo50 Add Endo50 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Endo50

No1stunna

they way this guy acts,is like the same type of person who ripped my son and I off on a online deal,so Just Beware

New Post 03-22-2009 12:20 AM
SentraStyleEMW

I like to play with these scammers.  I tell them yeah I'll accept the cashiers check, and then they'll FedEx it overnight to my house.  I'll email them saying I never got it...and they'll overnight another one.  I do this about 3 or 4 times.  Lets see...they've sent checks to Hugh Jass, Ivana Humpalot, Harry Balls...the list goes on and on.  I find comfort in knowing that these scamming pieces of #@^% had to come out of pocket to overnight the checks to me.  It feels good to scam a scammer.  I even had one scammer send me a fake email from the FBI telling me he reported me...had a good laugh at the one.

New Post 04-14-2009 03:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SentraStyleEMW Click here to Send SentraStyleEMW a Private Message Find more posts by SentraStyleEMW Add SentraStyleEMW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brownie

Yeah, he/she or what ever it is smith001 just tried the same thing with me! F'n dumb-ass!

Just the insult of thinking I'm that stupid, pisses me off!

New Post 04-18-2009 03:58 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Brownie Click here to Send Brownie a Private Message Find more posts by Brownie Add Brownie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kevinl

yes happens to me on here and on craigslist I dont even reply back to them

New Post 05-14-2009 03:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for kevinl Click here to Send kevinl a Private Message Find more posts by kevinl Add kevinl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sandygomez6557

scams

Wow you can never be too careful! I am am almost paranoid of online scams thanks for the heads up!

New Post 07-17-2009 10:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sandygomez6557 Click here to Send sandygomez6557 a Private Message Find more posts by sandygomez6557 Add sandygomez6557 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pumpkinman

BIG SCAMS

I think everything ive ever sold on the net craigslist ebay others i get atleast 2 or 3 of those emails from them.i actually..lol have a friend who got scammed by a chick with the,,aima in another country cant cah usa dollars here if u cash them ill give u 2500.00 us dollars.lol and that d/f went to post office to cash them,after i told him there scams there fake,,well guess what,yes sir itll take a few minutes,and bam BCI.ON HIS BUTT..He luckly explained and they let him go.got lucky he did.tim wont do it again i bet..lmfao

New Post 08-06-2009 04:14 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkinman Click here to Send pumpkinman a Private Message Find more posts by pumpkinman Add pumpkinman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting