Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Video & Multimedia > Need Multimedia advice
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
affiatati7

Need Multimedia advice

I would like to have a multimedia head installed in an '09 Jeep Wrangler. Here are the features I would like to have:

1- 5.5 to 7” Touch Panel display
2- Navigation ready
3- DVD/CD player
4- MP3 storage player
5- IPOD ready with IPOD display on screen
6- IPOD voice recognition?
7- XM satellite ready
8-  Back-up Camera
9- Does IPOD & XM radio show names of songs, artists and station numbers?
10- Bluetooth  hands-free cell phone ready?
11- Back-up camera view automatic view when in reverse?
12- Does cell phone feature show contact list?              Voice activated calling or   touch screen?
13- Front A/V mini jack input?
14- Built in amplifier?                    Wattage?
15- Is receiver matched with manufactures six infinity speakers & subwoofer w/ 368-watt high power amplifier?
16- Built in equalizer with presets?
17- Picture view JPEG?    Can picture be set as wallpaper?
18- Screen angle adjustment?
19- Remote for steering wheel?
20- USB and SD card inputs?
21- Detachable faceplate?   What antitheft features does unit have?
22- Can an incoming cell phone call mute any audio source?

[U]Three units I am looking at are:[/U]

1- Kenwood DDX8022BT

2- JVC KW-AVX810J

3- Pioneer AVH-P4100DVD

Am I correct to say that the Kenwood is the only unit out of the three that is Nav ready?

Do all three have push button volume?

Does anyone have any feedback on which unit best fits the bill?

Thank you for any feedback you could give.

Don S.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 03-10-2009 12:35 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for affiatati7 Click here to Send affiatati7 a Private Message Find more posts by affiatati7 Add affiatati7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CSK001

Thanks

This is one of my favorite forum.  I would say, thanks for providing this useful information.  I, must appreciate the tools provided by you.  Please keep updating me.

CSK

New Post 04-11-2009 06:48 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for CSK001 Click here to Send CSK001 a Private Message Find more posts by CSK001 Add CSK001 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mtnbiker717

I have an AVIC-F90BT in my explorer, it has everything you looking for, Pioneer just came out with their new series, it is the X series, and I would suggest getting that one because it has Pioneers 3.0 software on it which makes the unit much more responsive. Just be sure when looking at them that it has the BT at the end of the model number, that just means it has Bluetooth integrated in it. 1- 5.5 to 7 Touch Panel display Yes 2- Navigation ready Built in 3- DVD/CD player Both 4- MP3 storage player Either by SD card or iPod 5- IPOD ready with IPOD display on screen On Screen Display 6- IPOD voice recognition? Yes, search by play list, artist and genre 7- XM satellite ready Yes 8- Back-up Camera Optional, I have a Kenwood backup camera connected 9- Does IPOD & XM radio show names of songs, artists and station numbers? It does for both XM and iPod 10- Bluetooth hands-free cell phone ready? With voice recognition 11- Back-up camera view automatic view when in reverse? Yes, also has a feature you can turn it on even if not in reverse if you hook it up right 12- Does cell phone feature show contact list? Yes, even works with my iPhone Voice activated calling or touch screen? Both 13- Front A/V mini jack input? No, has RCA's in the rear, but if you go to radio shack, you can get RCA extenders, sure you can find a a/v mini-plug to rca, just install that when you install the HU 14- Built in amplifier? Standard HU amp - 5 sets of RCA out as well Wattage? 50x4 Peak, probably around 20 RMS 15- Is receiver matched with manufactures six infinity speakers & subwoofer w/ 368-watt high power amplifier? Matched, no. No HU that I know of will be pre set up to work with your set up, from my knowledge, you have to bypass any and all factory amps, just will not sound right if you don't, I'll leave that up to someone else to field on how to do this. 16- Built in equalizer with presets? 5 preset EQ's, 2 custom EQ's - I would always use the custom to match your car interiors sound acoustics. 17- Picture view JPEG? No Can picture be set as wallpaper? Yes, imported from SD card 18- Screen angle adjustment? No, fixed panel 19- Remote for steering wheel? Yes and No, you can get a few external ones, they also have adaptors that will allow you to use your factory wheel controls 20- USB and SD card inputs? Yes, both, USB reserved for iPod if you have one, also does some types of movies off SD, also does MP3's off SD and USB 21- Detachable faceplate? Nope. What antitheft features does unit have? None 22- Can an incoming cell phone call mute any audio source? Every source on the unit

New Post 07-27-2009 04:57 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for mtnbiker717 Click here to Send mtnbiker717 a Private Message Find more posts by mtnbiker717 Add mtnbiker717 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting