Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Comparison between Lanzar Opti 1232 and Hifonics OLM 1612
Go Back Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
gameguru1360

Comparison between Lanzar Opti 1232 and Hifonics OLM 1612

how do these 2 compare??  Does the Hifonics hit lower than the Lanzar Opti??  Does the Lanzar perform louder than the Hifonics in a larger vented box??

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 04-23-2009 03:52 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

they are apples vs oranges   the olm is an sql sub that outperforms alot of subs costing twice as much for spl but sounds extremely clean.   I love both subs  but the olm is my favorite  but my opinion is biased as I am a maxxsonics dealer, nevertheless i feel its honest.

the opti's are badass subs  but not meant to compete vs the likes of the olm.

New Post 04-26-2009 06:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

well I went with the opti1232 because of some recommendations here, but I think I'm going to have to now go with the OLM since the Opti is more of a budget sub.  It's loud at certain aspects and better sounding in some areas than with your traditional Kicker subs, but in some areas it's lacking or you can tell that it's trying hard to sound good.  I would assume the OLM1612 is much better sounding.  It's like what they say, "you get what you pay for!"

actually I have to send my opti 1232 back into OCS as one of the voice coils sounds like it's a mfg's defect.  It was working when I was breaking in the sub at the base amp's settings, but the volume of the bass started to diminish within a week until there was no bass at all

New Post 04-27-2009 12:00 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

for what the opti's cost they r really good tho  but just not a competitor fo the monster olm's

New Post 04-27-2009 12:47 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 04-27-2009 by sicaudio

for what the opti's cost they r really good tho  but just not a competitor fo the monster olm's

do you think the soundstream T5-12 or the Pioneer Premier W3001D2 compares in SPL to the Opti1232D??  I would think that the hifonics OLM1612 is in a class by itself!

New Post 04-27-2009 10:16 AM
sicaudio

they are above that yes.  they are more compareable to a w7, dd9500 ect  they are amazing in the right enclosure.  the tech support at the maxxsonics forum is awesome as well, they will design the optimum box for the space and power available.

New Post 04-27-2009 11:46 AM
sicaudio

here is a manual so you can see the specs:

http://www.maxxsonics.net/manuals/hifonics/pdfs/Olympus%2007%20Subwoofer%20Manual.pdf

New Post 04-27-2009 11:50 AM
N2Audio

Sorry you had a bad experience.

I've been nothing but impressed with my 1232, and I bought it used.

My brother (who built a SQ comp system in the early 90's w/old school Lanzar) just heard my set up for the first time and was stunned by what I'm getting out of a single 12 and an amp I paid $220 for.  He said he would have thought SQL like this would cost closer to $1000.  I thought that was a little bit of an exaggeration, but the point was taken.

I've been leaning on mine at 1000w rms with everthing from George Strait to Pantera to Bass Mekanik.  It sounds good, it is loud, and it goes low.  I don't know what else there is to say about it.

I would suggest that in the future you get your equipment installed correctly before you write it off as sub-par.  Poor installation has been the cause for a lot of bad performance/bad durability problems.  It sounds like you might be flexing the frame causing all kinds of alignment issues with the cone/coil/spider etc.

New Post 04-27-2009 12:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daman357

dats wassup n2, I have 2 exact same setup as he do, mine still beating after 3 months

New Post 04-27-2009 01:18 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daman357 Click here to Send daman357 a Private Message Find more posts by daman357 Add daman357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

maybe I just happened to get a sub in a bad batch.  I'm going to see what OCS will do.  I'm willing to have it replaced and try it again, but if not, I'll go either with the Premier TS-W3001D2 or TS-W3002D2 or the Soundstream T5-12.

New Post 04-27-2009 01:42 PM
gameguru1360

the Opti sub is paired with a Lanzar 1400D.  The amp gain wasn't even being pushed really hard.  It was set to like 8 o' clock.  So perhaps the sub was just part of a bad batch and I was unlucky enough to have a sub that had failing parts.

Well I sent the sub in yesterday evening back to OCS, so hopefully they can just send a new replacement soon. 

So the Premiers don't really last even if you don't crank the volume up?  Are the Soundstream T5-12's better than the Premiers in durability or SPL??

New Post 04-28-2009 08:23 AM
gameguru1360

maybe that's what happened to one of the coils.  I had clipped it without really thinking about it.  I figured clipping would occur if I had turned up the gain to about 9 or 10 o' clock.

Yeah usually I try to break in a sub even though N2Audio says differently.  He says it should be ready right out of the box...crank it up!  I try to play my subs in low to low-medium volumes for about a week or so before cranking it up.  Cranking it up to me is turning up the head unit volume but leaving the amp's gain setting at or 1/8" higher than my head unit's preamp voltage rating.

So lanzar mono amps like the 1400d and 2000d have a habit of clipping really easily??

New Post 04-28-2009 11:10 AM
N2Audio

curious how an amp "clips easy".  Clipping or not clipping is simply a function of setting the gain correctly.  The optidrive amps have a wide sensitivity range (0.2v-8v).  If you run it at 0.2, yeah, it's going to clip easy.

New Post 04-28-2009 01:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

the most I've ever set it at was a little under 9 o' clock.  Usually I have it set around 8 o' clock...safer settings is flat which is 7 o' clock.

New Post 04-28-2009 01:19 PM
daman357

RE: the hifonics1612 olm are really nice. I can't see paying 350.00 for I sud though!

quote:
Originally posted on 04-28-2009 by gameguru1360

the most I've ever set it at was a little under 9 o' clock.  Usually I have it set around 8 o' clock...safer settings is flat which is 7 o' clock.

New Post 04-28-2009 02:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for daman357 Click here to Send daman357 a Private Message Find more posts by daman357 Add daman357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. kaotiksyko, from , CO. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting