Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Car Audio Competitions and Shows > MECA
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
punkroc719

MECA

So I moved to Virginia from Colorado and I am looking to do some competitions next year.  I see MECA has alot out here and I have a friend who competes in that Association who likes it.  I am looking to get some more input from anyone else who competes or has ever competed in a MECA sanctioned event on thier thoughts of MECA. 

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 06-26-2009 01:30 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for punkroc719 Click here to Send punkroc719 a Private Message Find more posts by punkroc719 Add punkroc719 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pioneer~Saturn

I've heard a lot of good about it but I've never competed in MECA myself. I hope to eventually attend a few MECA comps but im pretty much into db drag right now

New Post 06-26-2009 04:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Pioneer~Saturn Click here to Send Pioneer~Saturn a Private Message Find more posts by Pioneer~Saturn Add Pioneer~Saturn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
punkroc719

Well I thought about DB Drag, but MECA has like 15 or 16 comps in Virginia this year alone so I figured that would work better for me.  How is DB Drag?

New Post 06-26-2009 07:32 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for punkroc719 Click here to Send punkroc719 a Private Message Find more posts by punkroc719 Add punkroc719 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pioneer~Saturn

Yea, tons of comps in the area would be nice.

But DB Drag's great around here, some of the comps are not even 6 minutes from my house haha, and one location is about 3 minutes away.

There are tons of great people who are regulars at the comps in the area and are really a tight group, lending a hand with people setups and designing/help build others' enclosure plus lending advice, its a real good time and good people.

New Post 06-26-2009 11:02 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Pioneer~Saturn Click here to Send Pioneer~Saturn a Private Message Find more posts by Pioneer~Saturn Add Pioneer~Saturn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
punkroc719

That's great dude.  There is a comp in Boston (DB Drag) and one in Fredricksberg VA (MECA) if Idon't get this overtime I am thinking of checking one out.  Both area good 2+ hour drive.  Worth it if I like what I see and make up my mind.  The whole timeI lived in Colorado there were maybe 3 comps there, now Im gone I saw 5 this month alone between all of the compititon arenas.

New Post 06-26-2009 11:10 PM
Pioneer~Saturn

Cool. Yea, it's worth the 2 hour drive if youre in a more fuel-efficient car especially.

New Post 06-26-2009 11:16 PM
punkroc719

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4.  Getting ready to redo it again.  The most recent is my last one posted.  I have 4 ofmy systems I had in it posted on here.  Its been painted since the last one. 

New Post 06-26-2009 11:25 PM
Pioneer~Saturn

Nice, probably what..19 mpg on the highway? haha

New Post 06-26-2009 11:28 PM
punkroc719

22 gal 5.7 V8 about 300 - 375 a tank depending on highway or city.  14 - 17 a gallon roughly.  Haha.  Love that truck though.

New Post 06-26-2009 11:55 PM
Pioneer~Saturn

Yea, itd be nice to be able to haul stuff and have more room...but then I'd go broke because I'd have more room to fit equipment : (

New Post 06-26-2009 11:56 PM
punkroc719

Yeah that's my problem.  I want to keep backseats in the truck so I have to do some custom work here and there.  This is my last install.  http://www.carstereo.com/installs/photo_gallery_album.cfm?photoid=61042&galleryid=4144&startrow=1&maxrows=12

I am rebuilding the sub box, I have to finish the amp rack, and I am changing the door speakers.  Debating on keeping the MA Audio amps or changing them out.  If I dothat will be next year after I finish the car I get at the end of this year.

New Post 06-27-2009 12:03 AM
Pioneer~Saturn

Lot's of space back there without the backseat : ) ...I can see a pair of hefty 15's on 3000 watts a piece being in there. Wall build...do it

I think the only thing I'd do in the future in the saturn would be a clamshell with a ton of 8's or 10's..but this enclosure and dual-18 setup is going to have to stay for a long time, it'd be too expensive to change up.

New Post 06-27-2009 12:07 AM
punkroc719

True.  I was gonna do a wall but I have a kid so I need the back seat.  One reason I'll be looking for a little hatchback the end of the year so I can have my little toy and have a back up.  I redid my wifes set up with a Soundstream RFW12 and an MA Audio HK1998 but when she starts driving it I have to put her 8" DB Drive and Hifonics amp back in.  The set up I have in there pounds hard.  I want to meter it just to see what it hits as loud as it is. 

New Post 06-27-2009 12:23 AM
Pioneer~Saturn

Nice nice, a hatchback would be nice. And yea, get that metered : )

New Post 06-27-2009 12:27 AM
punkroc719

So the car isn't happening so I am gonna use the truck.  I am gonna do some work on it through out the rest of the year (opposite my holiday overtime).  I am doing 1 sub (I have 2 but only 1 amp right now) removing 1 seat and changing out the door speakers.  This is still a daily driver so nothing to monsterous.  Looking to do either a box tuned to 40Hz or 80 Hz.  Again I am looking to do SPL so I have no idea which to go with.  Any suggestions????

New Post 10-28-2009 04:04 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting