Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > CarStereo.com Lobby > tiki torches are hazardous to you house
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sicaudio

tiki torches are hazardous to your house

Bad news :(

preparing for a smoker pit / BBQ for the neighborhood  a tiki torch malfunctioned and caught my house on fire.   we are fine I got burned pretty bad and tore my back muscles up pretty bad but I am good to go.  my fast thinking and past training as a volunteer Firefighter saved me and my families lives and our house .

never ever use those tiki torches  they are shit!  it heated the bambo basket and made it weak enough to collapse on itself and the bottle of oil in it fell through and rolled upto the house and set the whole house ablaze in seconds!  it had only been lit for 10 minutes!  and if I had not been right there at the time we all would have died.

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 07-05-2009 10:32 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Endo50

RE: tiki torches are hazardous to your house

quote:
Originally posted on 07-05-2009 by sicaudio

Bad news :(

preparing for a smoker pit / BBQ for the neighborhood  a tiki torch malfunctioned and caught my house on fire.   we are fine I got burned pretty bad and tore my back muscles up pretty bad but I am good to go.  my fast thinking and past training as a volunteer Firefighter saved me and my families lives and our house .

never ever use those tiki torches  they are shit!  it heated the bambo basket and made it weak enough to collapse on itself and the bottle of oil in it fell through and rolled upto the house and set the whole house ablaze in seconds!  it had only been lit for 10 minutes!  and if I had not been right there at the time we all would have died.

glad to hear that your family and you are ok and the house is still there.

Tiki torches are bad they are like a molatove cocktail

New Post 07-05-2009 08:37 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Endo50 Click here to Send Endo50 a Private Message Find more posts by Endo50 Add Endo50 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pioneer~Saturn

Holy cow. Glad youre ok along with your family, scary stuff.

New Post 07-06-2009 12:10 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Pioneer~Saturn Click here to Send Pioneer~Saturn a Private Message Find more posts by Pioneer~Saturn Add Pioneer~Saturn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

OMG!!  Glad you're ok!  Hope you can get your house back in order after the claims adjuster looks at your damage

I guess the next time you want to have those bbq torches, you'll probably be looking into those LED type tiki torches. They have LED tea candles that look real even with a realistic flame flicker, but they come in like a pack of 6, fully rechargeable with recharging bass and last for about 8 hours.

New Post 07-06-2009 01:56 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

thanks guys.

we actually live in the country and used them for bugs, but not anymore.

New Post 07-06-2009 04:33 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

Really glad everyone was ok. I just threw our torches in the trash.

New Post 07-06-2009 09:26 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

good idea,  I just wanted everyone to be aware of the danger they can pose.  it was no where near our house it fell apart and ro;lled up to the house from about 6 feet away

New Post 07-06-2009 09:30 PM
larrypeters86

I never even thought about the possibility of them doing that. My kids have had them burning at the pool for hrs at a time. They are gone now though.

New Post 07-06-2009 09:42 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

it never occured to us either, but after this it will never be alowed around my home again.

New Post 07-06-2009 09:58 PM
Donsway

As much as I like fire I hate those things and feel the same about candles. Living on a lake I see those all the time and right on wood decks and docks??? Crazy!!!! Glad you made it, and hope everything is fixable.

New Post 07-07-2009 01:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Donsway Click here to Send Donsway a Private Message Find more posts by Donsway Add Donsway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

Thanks bro.  It is all repairable, caused about 20k in damage.

New Post 07-07-2009 02:04 AM
Donsway

DAMN!!!!

New Post 07-07-2009 10:38 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Donsway Click here to Send Donsway a Private Message Find more posts by Donsway Add Donsway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

would have been the whole house if I hadn't reacted.

New Post 07-07-2009 11:56 AM
Endo50

Hey I'm even fearful of gas grills,had a buddy back in hoosick falls where I use to live,start his grill after the locial gas company put a new tank on his grill,the grill went kaboom ,took his whole house out.

New Post 07-08-2009 03:23 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Endo50 Click here to Send Endo50 a Private Message Find more posts by Endo50 Add Endo50 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sandygomez6557

wow

I'm sorry to hear that, and I'm sorry you were burned. I am glad that everyone was okay though.

New Post 07-15-2009 10:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sandygomez6557 Click here to Send sandygomez6557 a Private Message Find more posts by sandygomez6557 Add sandygomez6557 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting