Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > audiopipe vs hifonics
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
gameguru1360

audiopipe vs hifonics

what's everyone's opinions on audiopipe amps vs hifonics amps??  Are audiopipe amps underrated or overrated??  Do they overheat more or less than hifonics or other brands?

Looking at getting the HF BXi1610D or the Audiopipe AP18001D:
cardiscountstereos.com/catalog%20page.asp

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 10-13-2009 10:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N2Audio

Sic seems to think the AP's are junk, but after seeing a pic of the ap3000.1.  I really have to wonder if that's actually the case...

Ap3000.1

This looks like a pair of 1500.1's in the same chassis.

There are a few other audiopipe mono's on realmofexcursion.com.

I did find one reviewer on termpro that said they've run both and like both and consider the Brutus amps and the AP amps essentially equal for the price.

I'm looking, but i can't find any reason that I would avoid AP.

New Post 10-14-2009 01:48 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

I don't know what I'm looking at but are there vents that you could point out that would show that there is adequate venting near the components??  Or if there are any fans that circulate the hot air more efficiently??

New Post 10-14-2009 02:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gameguru1360 Click here to Send gameguru1360 a Private Message Find more posts by gameguru1360 Add gameguru1360 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-14-2009 by N2Audio

Sic seems to think the AP's are junk, but after seeing a pic of the ap3000.1.  I really have to wonder if that's actually the case...

Ap3000.1

This looks like a pair of 1500.1's in the same chassis.

There are a few other audiopipe mono's on realmofexcursion.com.

I did find one reviewer on termpro that said they've run both and like both and consider the Brutus amps and the AP amps essentially equal for the price.

I'm looking, but i can't find any reason that I would avoid AP.

the ap3000 is 2 1500's bridged in 1 chassis and are not 1 ohm stable because they are already bridged internally :(  and I was only repeating what Chris from DbR amp repair said.  he said they are not the worst build quality, but 1 of the worst he has ever seen but they do use decent electronics.  alot of people are having decent luck with them but even more are having failures.

If you have ever seen their wire you would understand why I will never sell their product.  the local chain pawn shops here in Colorado sell their lines.  they do have some good amps but the AP line IMO is garbage,  they do make rated power but for how long?

New Post 10-16-2009 02:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gameguru1360

as for cooling, are the HF brutus amps about the same as the MB Quart DSC 1500.1??

New Post 11-04-2009 11:26 AM
larrypeters86

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 10-16-2009 by sicaudio

the ap3000 is 2 1500's bridged in 1 chassis and are not 1 ohm stable because they are already bridged internally :(  and I was only repeating what Chris from DbR amp repair said.  he said they are not the worst build quality, but 1 of the worst he has ever seen but they do use decent electronics.  alot of people are having decent luck with them but even more are having failures.

If you have ever seen their wire you would understand why I will never sell their product.  the local chain pawn shops here in Colorado sell their lines.  they do have some good amps but the AP line IMO is garbage,  they do make rated power but for how long?

The same could easily be said about other brands.....But I guess we don't want to argue again. I'll be nice. 

New Post 11-04-2009 07:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

thats why i made sure to say that a professional in the industry gave me the info, and that they do use good parts it is just the way they are assembled that is not very good.  they make rated power , i have seen bench tests on them several times.  Chris also said that you get alot more for your money with some other budget priced brands.  

I havent used this new series but based on his expertise in  his field, i dare say I never will.  their sales rep is begging me every 2-3 months to sell their wire,  but like i said, I have seen their "A" grade wire and walmart sells better stuff lolz...

for the price ( 300 or less i think ) it wouldnt be a bad buy at all, 3000 watts for 300 bucks, thats alot of bang lolz. if it fails just make sure you have a real warranty and all will be well.

New Post 11-04-2009 07:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 11-04-2009 by gameguru1360

as for cooling, are the HF brutus amps about the same as the MB Quart DSC 1500.1??

neither amp gets anything but slightly warm unless you have it mounted in visible light through glass ( like in a hatchback on top of a box ) .   i have ran mine for several hours in 100 degree weather with no A/C at .50 ohms and never got hot during shows ect.....

New Post 11-04-2009 07:24 PM
gameguru1360

how much do you sell the MB quart dsc 1500.1 or do you sell that model Sic??

New Post 11-04-2009 07:36 PM
sicaudio

i would like to get 250 for them to make some money but i have been doing them at 235 lately just to get some sales.  in comparison i sell the 1210d for 235 lolz.

New Post 11-05-2009 09:15 AM
RDaudio15

i like hifonics myself. used to have a 1206D now i have a 2006D hooked up to my RD Alpha and it sounds great

New Post 11-08-2009 06:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for RDaudio15 Click here to Send RDaudio15 a Private Message Find more posts by RDaudio15 Add RDaudio15 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

everyone I have talked to that has personally used both say the brutus is 10 x's better.

New Post 11-08-2009 08:01 PM
gameguru1360

isn't the mb quart underrated??

New Post 11-16-2009 08:41 AM
sicaudio

by about 10% yes.

also after looking at the specs on the amp in that link:

***Features: ***1ohm Load Stable ***Overload Protection ***Overheat Protection ***Variable Low Pass Electronic Crossover ***Variable Subsonic Filter ***Built-in Variable Phase Shift ***Master/slave allows 2 amps to be linked for maximum power output ***55 mm(H) x 176mm(V) x 272mm(L) ***2.2 inches(H) x 6.9 inches(W) x 10.7 inches(L) ***Distortions: <0.2% thd ***Signal to noise ratio: 70db ***Input level: 0.2-5v ***Bass boost frequency: 30-80hz ***Low pass filter: 40-180hz ***Subsonic filter: 5-50hz ***Frequency response: 8-180hz ***1 Channel @ 4ohm-800w ***1 channel @ 2ohm-1200w ***1 Channel @ 1 ohm-1800w

notice how crappy the s/n ratio is?  70DB is very sad, a 1200 watt amp with 88-90 sn would sound louder to the ear by alot.

New Post 11-16-2009 12:46 PM
gameguru1360

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 11-16-2009 by sicaudio

by about 10% yes.

also after looking at the specs on the amp in that link:

***Features: ***1ohm Load Stable ***Overload Protection ***Overheat Protection ***Variable Low Pass Electronic Crossover ***Variable Subsonic Filter ***Built-in Variable Phase Shift ***Master/slave allows 2 amps to be linked for maximum power output ***55 mm(H) x 176mm(V) x 272mm(L) ***2.2 inches(H) x 6.9 inches(W) x 10.7 inches(L) ***Distortions: <0.2% thd ***Signal to noise ratio: 70db ***Input level: 0.2-5v ***Bass boost frequency: 30-80hz ***Low pass filter: 40-180hz ***Subsonic filter: 5-50hz ***Frequency response: 8-180hz ***1 Channel @ 4ohm-800w ***1 channel @ 2ohm-1200w ***1 Channel @ 1 ohm-1800w

notice how crappy the s/n ratio is?  70DB is very sad, a 1200 watt amp with 88-90 sn would sound louder to the ear by alot.

sonicelectronix shows it having 95db for signal to noise ratio specs...

www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17761_MB+Quart+DSC+1500.1D+-DSC1500.1D-.html

New Post 11-16-2009 01:57 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting