Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > > esp indicator light
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
raven15

esp indicator light

I just bought a amp and when i hook it up i see no power light and the esp indicator light is flashing? what does this mean? anyone know? thanks

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 10-25-2009 07:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for raven15 Click here to Send raven15 a Private Message Find more posts by raven15 Add raven15 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maryland33

ESP -2 status indicator
Solid Illumination ---Normal Operation
Flashing ---Turn On delay or TX learn
Flashing Slowly ---Thermal shutdown
Flashing Rapidly ---Overcurrent
Slow Flash (50% duty cycle)--- Overvoltage
Slow Flash (mostly off) ---Under-voltage
Off Amplifier Off
Flashing Arm/Valet received
Flashing Rapidly ---Amplifier in Anti-theft/Valet
Flashing Amplifier armed

By the way which amp do you have(Orion)!?

New Post 10-26-2009 11:39 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for maryland33 Click here to Send maryland33 a Private Message Find more posts by maryland33 Add maryland33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
raven15

I have the d2400 directed.. so flashy has to mean something wired wrong? i bought a car and it had wires ran and the rca and remote wire might not of been hooked up.. could this be it? i'm just getting back into this stuff again.. thanks for the help

New Post 10-27-2009 12:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for raven15 Click here to Send raven15 a Private Message Find more posts by raven15 Add raven15 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maryland33

Certainly could be the problem,especially in a DEI product.A digital multimeter will help to determine the cause if you have,or can get a hold of one.

New Post 10-27-2009 08:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for maryland33 Click here to Send maryland33 a Private Message Find more posts by maryland33 Add maryland33 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
raven15

so i tried to hook up two different amps that i know for sure work.. and i hook them up and got no power at all.. and when i was done my battery was dead.. could it be cause i need a new battery? or possible bad ground? i would still get power with just the ground and power wires hooked into the amp wouldnt i? thanks

New Post 10-28-2009 02:20 AM
maryland33

so i tried to hook up two different amps that i know for sure work.. and i hook them up and got no power at all.. and when i was done my battery was dead.. could it be cause i need a new battery? or possible bad ground? i would still get power with just the ground and power wires hooked into the amp wouldnt i? thanks

The battery may just need to be charged,was the car running before this issue?If so check all of your connections,battery pos.and neg.(at the terminals @ the alternator,and @ the grounding point(s)You should have power at the amp without the remote wire but the amp should'nt come on,check the remote wire behind your radio for a good connection.A test light will help with checking power at the amp.

New Post 10-28-2009 10:26 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. highwaymanace, from Geelong, VA. NRred2, from New York, NY. grrcracker, from cincinnati, OH. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. 8ball, from udine, AL. adi, from Perth Australia, NY. deepbass69, from Putnam, CT. Slayer666, from Sherbrooke, PQ. ALLABOUTSOUNDQ, from Beaverton, OR. Bnuts, from Edmonton, AB. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. skulliwulli, from Austin, TX. krayzie019, from Park City, IL. #1audio, from newport, NC. jaboran, from swanton, OH. jacksondog215, from phila, PA. danthesk8er, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting