Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > An amp for an Orion HCCA 10.4
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
zlibby76

An amp for an Orion HCCA 10.4

I've posted this on CACO and thought I'd do so here as well. Wyatt's given me suggestions and so I'm just looking to get some feedback on which amp would feed my Orion HCCA 10" 4 ohm sub the best. I'm looking to spend around $250-$300 (maybe a touch more).

The sub is rated at 1500 wRMS at about 13.3 volts I believe. Big 3 is done, I've got a G31 deka in the trunk (or two if I need) with 1/0 Shok wiring.

Any suggestions?

Know anyone with an amp that they're looking to get rid of?

Thanks fellas.

Z

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 11-15-2009 08:04 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for zlibby76 Click here to Send zlibby76 a Private Message Find more posts by zlibby76 Add zlibby76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pumpkinman

RE: An amp for an Orion HCCA 10.4

quote:
Originally posted on 11-15-2009 by zlibby76

I've posted this on CACO and thought I'd do so here as well. Wyatt's given me suggestions and so I'm just looking to get some feedback on which amp would feed my Orion HCCA 10" 4 ohm sub the best. I'm looking to spend around $250-$300 (maybe a touch more).

The sub is rated at 1500 wRMS at about 13.3 volts I believe. Big 3 is done, I've got a G31 deka in the trunk (or two if I need) with 1/0 Shok wiring.

Any suggestions?

Know anyone with an amp that they're looking to get rid of?

Thanks fellas.

Z

hey, dont let the 10.4 fool you itll handle more then 1500.They are an SPL sub.wyatt also hooked me up with a crunch gp pro 3000 i had one already.im running two 12.2s and pushing [over] 3000wrms to them EACH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS3rHZmTDFI

Check that video out. all about the hccas. wyatt has some  suggestions on amps for them.

New Post 11-15-2009 11:34 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkinman Click here to Send pumpkinman a Private Message Find more posts by pumpkinman Add pumpkinman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

you have the 4 ohm model?  damn damn damn  lolz.  gonna need a gp3000 to power just 1 with 2kw.  if you have 2 then maybe the bxi2610d for 1300 rms each but thats not doing them justice.  it would power 1 with 1800 rms tho..... :)  but they are pretty spendy  at 400 ( not for what they are,  just based on your budget )  the 2kw quart would give you just shy of 1500 rms at 2 ohms.

New Post 11-16-2009 12:49 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pumpkinman

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 11-16-2009 by sicaudio

you have the 4 ohm model?  damn damn damn  lolz.  gonna need a gp3000 to power just 1 with 2kw.  if you have 2 then maybe the bxi2610d for 1300 rms each but thats not doing them justice.  it would power 1 with 1800 rms tho..... :)  but they are pretty spendy  at 400 ( not for what they are,  just based on your budget )  the 2kw quart would give you just shy of 1500 rms at 2 ohms.

he would love the ground pounder :]

New Post 11-16-2009 12:53 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for pumpkinman Click here to Send pumpkinman a Private Message Find more posts by pumpkinman Add pumpkinman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

hell yes and he would be able to add a 2nd sub with no issue :)

New Post 11-16-2009 12:58 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pumpkinman

hell yeah

shit he could run 3 10s no prob.if he had his volts up to 15 16 17..hed be banging goddam hard..3 of them in a ported box will kick ass.theyll stank alot i mean alot but doesnt bother them as long as you keep it limited.mine are always stinking.lol had a guy tell me hes been banging his stinking for 2 years finally it went away and he beat them like a wicked step child..lmao And still going..? Ground Pounder on that would be very sweet.

New Post 11-16-2009 01:06 AM
sicaudio

if he could keep 13-15 volts he could do 3 easily and beat the crap outta them daily.  a little overkill for 1 but turning the gain back a bit would cure that real quick  lolz.

New Post 11-16-2009 01:15 AM
zlibby76

I've finally found and amp that I've learned should push my Orion 10.4. I got HOOOOOKED up with a Powerbass xa3000 for $250.

This this will move my Orion 10.4? We'll see...  : )

Also, any of you guys know where can I get a bass controller at for this amp?

New Post 11-22-2009 04:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for zlibby76 Click here to Send zlibby76 a Private Message Find more posts by zlibby76 Add zlibby76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

should power it well, be easy on it tho they have issues going into protect alot from what i have heard.

New Post 11-22-2009 04:22 PM
pumpkinman

RE: just reading on that amp.

quote:
Originally posted on 11-22-2009 by sicaudio

should power it well, be easy on it tho they have issues going into protect alot from what i have heard.

Funny he mentions that amp.lol i was just reading a discussion on them on another forum. they were doing bench test on american bass,his amp and zz1s.his has a known board issue with them.guy was mad as hell went threw 3 he said.lmao.as u said easy on the gain!

New Post 11-22-2009 11:38 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting