Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > CarStereo.com Lobby > home theatre receiver
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
lgnmgr

home theatre receiver

does anyone know if this is any good?

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=310-2012

i might get it and was wondering if anyone knows anything about them

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 11-24-2009 12:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lgnmgr Click here to Send lgnmgr a Private Message Find more posts by lgnmgr Add lgnmgr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

NO  pyle is just that a pyle of shit  lolz. spend 50-100 more and get any pioneer in that range even an open box or closeout model.  the vsx line from pioneer is really nice. 

New Post 11-24-2009 12:03 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lgnmgr

ok i'll check those out... i really just want a basic 2 channel stereo receiver that can take the place of this old sony i have its 130w/ch i think and i'd like to have at least 130/ch if not more but if you think a simple receiver with 100w/channel would be fine then let me know... i'd like a sub out too but its not a must... i really don't want to spend even close to 300 but if thats the only way i can get a decent one then so be it lol... this old sony can really crank but the sound quality's not the best... idk maybe i'll just wait till i get all new drivers in the cabinets and see how that sounds lol at any rate if anyone has any suggestions i'd like to hear them cuz im not too big into home audio... i like it but don't know all that much about it

New Post 11-24-2009 01:51 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lgnmgr Click here to Send lgnmgr a Private Message Find more posts by lgnmgr Add lgnmgr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

check your local pawn shops i bet you can get a decent pioneer or sony for 100-150.

stay away from denon and yamaha tho they are way overpriced and the vsx pioneer line beats them out every year for quality and wattage both.

my 800 series is neo 6.1 and dts 7.1 without hdmi and it rapes anything yamaha or denon makes and i paid 300 retail for it.  its rated at 100 rms x 7 plus dual sub outs and it is biamp capable.  it pushes way more tha 100 rms  lolz.

New Post 11-24-2009 02:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donsway

akroncanton.craigslist.org/ele/1445509345.html

^^^maybe close to you^^^

Look on Craig's List, I have a Harmon Kardon that is running 2.7 ohm speakers and loves it. (The same speakers (DCM) took out a friends Sherwood rec). It is going on 15 years old and have used it in the back of the truck many times in parades. The thing just keeps going, and going.  Used you can find them cheap when someone is going from a 5 speaker surround to something more. They are set up to put all the power into just two channels or all 5-7 so running two speakers to their max is very easy on the rec. Mine is the AVR 25 II.

By the way Harmon Kardon's 100 watts is like Sony's 175-200 watts. I did the side by side tests with other recs. on the same speakers and the HKs kicked much ass.

New Post 11-24-2009 09:18 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Donsway Click here to Send Donsway a Private Message Find more posts by Donsway Add Donsway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lgnmgr

http://www.harmankardon.com/EN-US/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?PID=HK%203490

what about somethin like that ^^

New Post 11-24-2009 09:59 AM
Donsway

Looks like it fits your needs.....

Dang they sure look cool now days:) After you hook that thing up in place of a Sony OH MAN!!!!! Talk about a smile on your face.

Take it easy on those speakers, no really.....

New Post 11-24-2009 10:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Donsway Click here to Send Donsway a Private Message Find more posts by Donsway Add Donsway to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

i have to agree with the old model HK recievers but Denon and Harmon are the same company and the new recievers are no where near as strong as the old 1's were.   I do alot of HT setups and so far the yamaha and Kardon group brands while sounding nice have very poor output if you want to drive 100+ watt speakers.  for small cube type speakers they are great but not for true tower or TLA arrays.

New Post 11-24-2009 01:30 PM
lgnmgr

ok so sic do you think that getting somethin like a pioneer 2 channel with 100w/ch would be stronger then the HK? or are you just saying don't get denon and HK? just confused lol

New Post 11-24-2009 02:04 PM
sicaudio

for what you are doing they will be a dissapointment for you i think.  you would have to drive it to clipping to push 130+ watt speakers at a decent volume.  i have 4 dual 12" pioneer elite woofer towers that are each 140 watts rms per woofer  and an 800$ high power  HK couldnt push them at all.  i am using a pioneer now and couldnt be happier.

something like this would be way better IMO.

www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer+-+550W+5.1-Ch.+Home+Theater+Receiver/9238915.p

New Post 11-24-2009 02:19 PM
lgnmgr

ya wow thats cheap for a 5ch... thats pretty much the only reason i wanted a 2ch cuz most of the time they're cheaper but hell for 200 you can't beat that

New Post 11-24-2009 09:22 PM
Donsway

Just read all the reviews you can before you put out the cash. I looked over both just to see how things are going. The HK is light in the bass, and the Pioneer in light in the power (over rated).

I had a Pioneer that cost $700+ and the display stopped working and was never a strong rec. for me??? Since then I hate the damn things. Hard to see a $200. surround sound putting out more power than a $300 2 channel. I see that HK still rates their power at continuous watts, and the reviews they get are mostly good. Here in these lake homes I get to play with some really high end stuff and not many running Pioneers, but that may just be Texas.

New Post 11-24-2009 11:02 PM
sicaudio

none of the pioneers are overrated that we have used,  not 1.  but you are also comparing apples to oranges.  HK has a different type of customer niche as well.  just like klipsch  they dont make their amps dayton and bash does.  same with HK group.  they are very nice but not worth what they sell for.  pioneer 500 and 800 series has always been a consumer report best buy for value and quality.  the higher end pioneers are ok but not my cup of tea.

New Post 11-24-2009 11:51 PM
lgnmgr

im still considering all options at this point,  considering im probably not going to get one for a few months or when my income permits it... i guess i'll really have to decide after i replace all the speakers cuz the SQ issue with my receiver now could be do to having speakers with half surrounds and disintigrating cones lol i mean it can really crank the speakers but just doesn't sound good right now.... so thanks for the help so far i guess i'll just have to wait and see if a new receiver at that time is even neccessary

New Post 11-25-2009 12:29 AM
Donsway

It is good that you have time to look around. Look on Craig's List, I know here in Dallas there are new deals everyday. I found a nice QSC amp on there for cheap.

But read up on everything before hand. I just got a new Stihl MS361 chain saw after wanting a Husqvarna for a long time. Got on the arborist forums and read what they use and like for a given job. Got me a dang mean saw that cuts down in the wood like a hot knife through butter because I took time to read MANY posts.

Off topic.... If anyone is looking for a all around GREAT saw here it is.

www.stihldist.net/chainsaws/MS361.html 

Fun as hell to run, let me tell you!!!!

New Post 11-25-2009 12:49 AM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting