Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Subwoofers and Speakers > Time to get a new system!
Go Back Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kickerjon66

Time to get a new system!

Well its time for a new systems. my wife call me me to let me know that my systems has been stolen.  My systems consisted of 2 12" kicker cvrs and a directed 2400d and a boston 4 channel i forget the model only had it for 3 weeks.  I loved how the kickers sounded, to me they were great. i hit 142 at my first sound off the systems was in a 96 firebird at the time, with pretty much a wall in it. anyway everything was move in to my explorer when i left. i would like to get louder then my 142, SQ is not an issue.  Like i said i thought i CVRs souded amazing. everything will be going in my daily driver im looking to get 4 12s or 15s. i was thinking about getting more cvrs but i know there better subs out there for the money. Sorry this is so long i just wanted to give enough info. So please if you know of a subwoofer that is louder than the cvrs for roughly the same price please let me know. im looking at spending around 800-1000 for subs and amps when i get back. I'll be home near the end of Jan. Thank you for your time      -Jon

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 12-05-2009 03:01 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kickerjon66 Click here to Send kickerjon66 a Private Message Find more posts by kickerjon66 Add kickerjon66 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lgnmgr

i would definitly look into FI subs the btl's are insane.. the bl's and q's are crazy too... here's the FI site:

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154b19614b4fe85/shopdata/0050_Speakers/product_overview.shopscript

those will all take much more then there rated rms and people easily get high 140's with 2 15's or 18's on the right power even more if you know how to build a good enclosure

also check out the hifonics olympus subs they're all great

and finally look into the orion HCCA subwoofers

with any of those you should only need 2 woofers to go over 142 with the right install, and in some cases 1 would probably do it but look at all of those they're all monsters and can take rediculous amounts of power

there's obviously more out there to choose from but from what i've seen and heard you can't go wrong with any of the mentioned products

are you going to make your own enclosure? are you using the same amp or are you getting a new 1 (or more)? what kind of electrical upgrades do you have or thinking about doing?

New Post 12-05-2009 03:15 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lgnmgr Click here to Send lgnmgr a Private Message Find more posts by lgnmgr Add lgnmgr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kickerjon66

I will be building the encloser myself with some help from friends. I have a 200 amp alt from DB Electrical and a yellow top up front i will be adding something else to the back depending on amp/amps. my directed 2400d was stolen so i need to buy new ones. i loved the amp it really pounded my cvrs for almost 3 years. i like the subs you suggested i will be looking into them some more.

I'm having a thought, instead of get 1 or 2 big subwoofers and throwing tons of power at them. im thinking that 4 less powerful but more efficient subs would be a better route. i.e. needing less power, less batteries. if this is completly wrong just tell me know. thanks for the input -Jon

New Post 12-05-2009 04:06 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kickerjon66 Click here to Send kickerjon66 a Private Message Find more posts by kickerjon66 Add kickerjon66 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

for the money if ya wanna do 4 subs i think 4 gpv or brutus subs would blow your mind  my wife has 2 12" brutus and does 143 daily on music with 2000 watts.  i sell kicker and these subs play alot louder than her 2 L7 did on 2500 watts   box build is all it takes to make em shine.  they are sweet on music and will still get loud enough to burp with and they will take enormous abuse,  her subs are going on the 4th year of being almost doubled on power  they each get 1kw and are rated at 600.  very tough to beat for the price  lolz.  they definately outdo the kickers on sq and more than double the spl ability.  they are about 100 each so youd have plenty left over to do 2 1500 watt mbquart amps and some wiring as well or 1 battery.  when you are ready let me know and i can do a more formal estimate,  or we can look at the olympus subs too.  2 of them on 2000 watts each are still musical and as loud or louder but everyone does 2 massive power subs.   i think the 4 subs would be awesome in a wall or 1/2 wall.

New Post 12-05-2009 04:40 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lgnmgr

no i don't think it's wrong i mean if thats how you want to go then it's fine... if you get some fi ssd's they'll still take alot of power and you could make those sound great... alot of it depends on how the install goes tho.. like if you have amazing subs and amps but a terrible enclosure then it won't sound great and vise versa so no matter what you go with make sure the enclosure and everything is really well done... so your pretty set on 4 12's or 15's then? if so then also look into hifonics zeus subs (~90/sub) or the crunch gpv subs (~90/sub) these subs would work really well and wouldn't kill you in price plus they're underrated as far as power handling. kickers are good but they're a little expensive and they are definitly not SQ subwoofers. i know you said you didn't care about SQ much so the cost is the only issue with those. i would definitly say 2 high quality subwoofers over 4 mid to entry level subwoofers would be louder... obviously you'd have to get more powerful amps and more batteries like you said, but 4 subs would probably look cooler lol and most likely end up being way cheaper and easier to replace

New Post 12-05-2009 04:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for lgnmgr Click here to Send lgnmgr a Private Message Find more posts by lgnmgr Add lgnmgr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lgnmgr

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-05-2009 by sicaudio

for the money if ya wanna do 4 subs i think 4 gpv or brutus subs would blow your mind  my wife has 2 12" brutus and does 143 daily on music with 2000 watts.  i sell kicker and these subs play alot louder than her 2 L7 did on 2500 watts   box build is all it takes to make em shine.  they are sweet on music and will still get loud enough to burp with and they will take enormous abuse,  her subs are going on the 4th year of being almost doubled on power  they each get 1kw and are rated at 600.  very tough to beat for the price  lolz.  they definately outdo the kickers on sq and more than double the spl ability.  they are about 100 each so youd have plenty left over to do 2 1500 watt mbquart amps and some wiring as well or 1 battery.  when you are ready let me know and i can do a more formal estimate,  or we can look at the olympus subs too.  2 of them on 2000 watts each are still musical and as loud or louder but everyone does 2 massive power subs.   i think the 4 subs would be awesome in a wall or 1/2 wall.

i definitly agree with sic... i actually have 2 crunch gpv's on 1 mb quart 1500.1 and it slams and the subs take it no problem doubling that would be crazy! and if you build a really good enclosure they would be insane especially for the price you'd pay for all of that stuff... definitly think about sic's suggestion he knows what he's talking about

New Post 12-05-2009 04:57 AM
sicaudio

if your open to 2 subs the olm 1615 or 2415 on 6kw would be devastating, even on 4kw it would blow your mind!

New Post 12-05-2009 01:15 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jpsaudio

yes those hifonics subs are straight groundponders and can handle sume abuse

New Post 12-05-2009 07:25 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jpsaudio Click here to Send jpsaudio a Private Message Find more posts by jpsaudio Add jpsaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kickerjon66

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-05-2009 by sicaudio

if your open to 2 subs the olm 1615 or 2415 on 6kw would be devastating, even on 4kw it would blow your mind!

I would really like to get the OLM but i cant afford to support that many watts. 6kw or even 4kw would run me alot more then i have. unless you can work the numbers and get me 2 subs and 4kw for $1000. even if you could i would need batterys and probably another alt. 

i really like the idea about the 4 12" brutus with 2 of the MB quartz amps thats kinda what im leaning towards. would that sound alright ? From what i hear the brutus subs will alot better then my cvrs were. so i know ill be happy with that let me know if you have any other ideas. And thank you everyone for your thoughts so far

New Post 12-06-2009 02:45 AM
lgnmgr

the 4 12 brutus's on the 2 mb quart amps would probably be the best set up could while keeping a fairly low budget... it would sound insane and would look awesome... 1 other thing to think about would be gettin the crunch gpv 15's if you want 15's but either way it would be an awesome set up

New Post 12-06-2009 03:21 AM
sicaudio

i could 4 12" brutus or gpv and amps under $1000 with 2 big batts to back it no sweat :)

New Post 12-06-2009 03:25 AM
kickerjon66

Ok Sic im really thinking that the 4 12s is the way to go.  now with the brutus sub r you talking about rounds or squares? when ever i google it 9/10ths of the time it comes up with squares but on your site u have rounds.

Also, someone mentioned hitting 143db with 2 of these and 1 mb amp. in the right encloser what do you think would be a realistic expectation?

Speaking of the right encloser is there anyone that would be able to help me with the design and possibly something like blue prints?

Again sorry about all the question. -Jon

New Post 12-06-2009 11:05 AM
kickerjon66

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-06-2009 by lgnmgr

the 4 12 brutus's on the 2 mb quart amps would probably be the best set up could while keeping a fairly low budget... it would sound insane and would look awesome... 1 other thing to think about would be gettin the crunch gpv 15's if you want 15's but either way it would be an awesome set up

Yeah yall what about the 15" GPV? they look to be about the same price plus im thinking that 15s would get higher numbers just a thought.

I have about 2 more months left in Iraq till i get home so i have plenty of time for suggestion if someone can think of something better, but this seems like a winner to me thanks for all the help- Jon

New Post 12-06-2009 12:06 PM
lgnmgr

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-06-2009 by kickerjon66

Yeah yall what about the 15" GPV? they look to be about the same price plus im thinking that 15s would get higher numbers just a thought.

I have about 2 more months left in Iraq till i get home so i have plenty of time for suggestion if someone can think of something better, but this seems like a winner to me thanks for all the help- Jon

well thank you for serving our country... sic designs boxes and i'd in the right enclosure 2 of the brutus's with mbq amp could  hit 143 well hell just ask sic he can guess that shit like almost spot on (ask pumpkin man) lol but either way with the 4 12's or 15's you can't go wrong... i know the cone area of the 15's (and most likely the 15's would hit the low better) is definitly something to think about but mostly i think its gonna come down to enclosure

New Post 12-06-2009 03:33 PM
sicaudio

in the correct enclosure a 141-143 on music is easily possible with 2 12's  the brutus on my site are discontinued and the new brz replaced them.  the squares are beast dude but for 4 i would do the gpv 15's  or wait til after CES ")  lots a new lines coming that are impressive.  for 1000$ it is pushing ot for the 15's tho  they need alot more juice.  the 12's and 2 1500watt quart amps we could just barely do .  my wife has a bxi 1606 at.5 ohms and 15 volts doing 143 on music  lol 147 hard burps at hard clip on brutus subs.  cabin gain also plays a big role.  but in an suv u r golden a 12-14 cf enclosure would rape  lolz  we could do 4 15" gpv dvc2 ran at 1 ohm and 1 gp3k amp if the prices after CES are the same :)

New Post 12-06-2009 04:14 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. kaotiksyko, from , CO. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting