Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > digital designs cm1 amplifier
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
guitarslayer94

digital designs cm1 amplifier

i just bought this amp today for $225 bucks is it any good i heard it was???

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 12-28-2009 10:54 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for guitarslayer94 Click here to Send guitarslayer94 a Private Message Find more posts by guitarslayer94 Add guitarslayer94 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

they are decent.  im not a big fan of cookie cutter amps personally but they are decent.  the zxi1010 for 200 shipped would have been just as good or better imo

New Post 12-28-2009 11:07 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guitarslayer94

digital designs cm1

thats was my exact other choice.

New Post 12-28-2009 11:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for guitarslayer94 Click here to Send guitarslayer94 a Private Message Find more posts by guitarslayer94 Add guitarslayer94 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
larrypeters86

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-28-2009 by sicaudio

they are decent.  im not a big fan of cookie cutter amps personally but they are decent.  the zxi1010 for 200 shipped would have been just as good or better imo

Cookie Cutter amps....Wouldn't Hifonics be axactly that?

New Post 12-29-2009 08:11 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for larrypeters86 Click here to Send larrypeters86 a Private Message Find more posts by larrypeters86 Add larrypeters86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

no the Hifonics amps are designed in house right here in the USA  not bought.  the cmi is a nice amp and actually very close to the 1010  just a dif company with a dif price and a zenon board vs an original.  trust me i am not knocking the CM1  .

New Post 12-29-2009 08:16 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for sicaudio Click here to Send sicaudio a Private Message Find more posts by sicaudio Add sicaudio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guitarslayer94

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-29-2009 by larrypeters86

Cookie Cutter amps....Wouldn't Hifonics be axactly that?

thats wat i was kinda thinkin...

New Post 12-29-2009 11:24 PM
sicaudio

alot of people think that when it is actually just the opposite.

only 2 companies i am positive of that design in house anymore and hifonics is 1  ,

DD is definately not , they buy the designs just like alot of other big name companies do.

they have higher standards than most but they are still a cookie cutter amp.

New Post 12-30-2009 02:06 AM
OnYrMrk

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-29-2009 by sicaudio

no the Hifonics amps are designed in house right here in the USA  not bought.  the cmi is a nice amp and actually very close to the 1010  just a dif company with a dif price and a zenon board vs an original.  trust me i am not knocking the CM1  .

Where are you getting your information?

The CM1 is designed IN HOUSE in Oklahoma City Oklahoma USA, then built in Korea.  Each amp is tested and retested, and then though every step of the manufacturing process, they are quality checked twice before going to the next step.  Then once back in the STATES, DD quality checks them again.  The return rate of a DD amp is less than 2% or in other words, 2 out of every 100 amps is returned.  JL can't say that, nor can Hifonics or virtually any other amplifier manufacturer out there.

DD amps are rock solid amps, and their heat sinks all match so that if you need to mix and match between their lines, they will all look good together.

btw, DD is a VERY small company, with just 25 employees. Their Subwoofers are 100% hand built in house, and the amps and speakers are built over seas, but utilizing the Design that Jassa Langford himself created. Jassa is the owner and chief Design Engineer of DD. Get your facts straight before you state something that is absolute untrue about a product. --Joe, former Sales and Marketing for Digital Designs

New Post 02-09-2010 11:13 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for OnYrMrk Click here to Send OnYrMrk a Private Message Find more posts by OnYrMrk Add OnYrMrk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OnYrMrk

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 12-30-2009 by sicaudio

alot of people think that when it is actually just the opposite.

only 2 companies i am positive of that design in house anymore and hifonics is 1  ,

DD is definately not , they buy the designs just like alot of other big name companies do.

they have higher standards than most but they are still a cookie cutter amp.

again, get your facts before you blurt something out that is untrue.

DD amps are designed in house in the USA, and then they are built over seas mainly cause DD is too small to build them in house.

New Post 02-09-2010 11:22 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for OnYrMrk Click here to Send OnYrMrk a Private Message Find more posts by OnYrMrk Add OnYrMrk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sicaudio

George would say otherwise

but to each his own.  I know the facts

I was not knocking DD at all  just the opposite in fact.  they have a hand in all the processes but do not control 100% of it as many think they do.  Of the major underground companies DD IMO is the best it gets.

100% in house made subs means just that 100%  and they don't,  they dont make their baskets, soft parts, hard parts  none of it  they only assemble them here in the USA  that is assembled in the USA  not "made"

New Post 02-09-2010 12:32 PM
guitarslayer94

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-10-2010 by MaximusCarAudio

Ok as a very big dealer in the past of DD I have to say they are designed here and most of the parts are built over seas but they are also put together here in the states hence their in house repairs.... they do not use Zenon anymore and all their newer designed amps are rated at 12v flat and make to peak at 15v no more monsters that take 18v since well most people in the world dont use 18v. The amp is by far better in eff then the Hifonics.... I sell Hifonics so I know what it does in real world use. DD is always under rated so you get more then they say all the time and hence the bigger price tag... Hifonics gets all their soft parts from other people.... DD does build their own subs and do make most of their own parts.... some parts are just not in the usa and have to be ordered from over seas then they are cnced to spec in house.... Now Juess and whats his name Steave are full of shit on just what DD can do 9500 line and down. DD owner first started out didn't know shit so he went to the only usa company who still is around today and who was building subs and speakers in house in the usa since 1946.... Good old Atomic. Juess was going to have Atomic be their build house as they got started and Atomic owner even helped out on designing the 35/95 platform... they didnt end up using atomic cause atomic owner pointed out very weak spots on them designs and to this day DD has not fixed the problem other then making you upgrade to a comps cone for an extra price as well as their cooling isn't all that. Atomic owner offered back in the day to build them and use Atomics cooling on the speaker so it could cool off faster and stay cold longer making the sub more eff but then it would look like an atomic hybrid and Juess said no and did his own thing. Their isn't one sub in the usa that uses all usa parts simple reason is there is no magnetic ore in the usa so people like Atomic buy big chuncks cut it down in house and magnitize it to their specs. Their are only 2  places in the usa to buy the stuff needed to make high end voice coils. No speaker company is going to make their own voice coil wire they are going to order it to their specs and then wrap it on the former and layer it as they need. So if you really think about it no one company makes 100% their own speaker from scratch... they all get some parts from other companies but DD does buy high end coil parts that are usa made and top plates that are all usa high end low carbon they also build their own cones and you can buy the carbon fiber setups that they do inhouse too.

so how many rms do u think its pushin? i wanna run 2 earthquake dbxi 12ds with it but i dont thinks enough power.i originally wanted to run just one but sic cant get a dual 4 ohm:(.and thats y. i really like those subs

New Post 02-10-2010 12:47 PM
guitarslayer94

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-10-2010 by MaximusCarAudio

the amp will do rated power all day long could be a little more look up amp guts and see if the amp is listed. They will have pictures of the inside and may even have bench testing done on that amp.

so do u think it would push 2 eartquake dbxi 12ds ok?????

New Post 02-16-2010 03:52 PM
guitarslayer94

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-16-2010 by MaximusCarAudio

not sure been out of the loop with earthquake for some time. Not a big fan of them so I can not answer that. Not sure if the sub is true rated or what. I dont think they do thermal power handling.

im not gonna run 750 rms to each only 500rms...

New Post 02-16-2010 05:02 PM
sicaudio

they will take 750  in a smaller compression style box but 500 will be great on them in a standard box

New Post 02-16-2010 05:39 PM
guitarslayer94

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 02-16-2010 by sicaudio

they will take 750  in a smaller compression style box but 500 will be great on them in a standard box

sweet and if i can remember cn u get me them for 105 i think i cant remember????

New Post 02-16-2010 06:06 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (3): [1] 2 3  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
kaotiksyko, from , CO. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting