Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Amplifiers > JL HD SQ?
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
outlawice

JL HD SQ?

how good is the SQ of the JL HD 600/4? i see its a class D amp so I was kinda wondering. i've found one for $400

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 01-10-2010 02:13 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for outlawice Click here to Send outlawice a Private Message Find more posts by outlawice Add outlawice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N2Audio

A lot of highly respected companies are producing them now.  I really don't think they'd offer up an amp that had sq issues.

I've got a cheap lanzar full range D.  I have a low volume noise issue, but SQ at high volume is definitely its strongpoint.

New Post 01-11-2010 10:35 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N2Audio

No, 4x400d. Bridged for components :D

New Post 01-12-2010 11:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for N2Audio Click here to Send N2Audio a Private Message Find more posts by N2Audio Add N2Audio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
outlawice

thanks for the info N2, do you think a line driver would fix your low noise prob?

New Post 01-15-2010 01:03 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for outlawice Click here to Send outlawice a Private Message Find more posts by outlawice Add outlawice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
N2Audio

Possibly.

I'm just disappointed Lanzar can't include some decent noise rejection circuitry at the input stage.  I don't like the idea of having to add more crap because of a sub-par amp design. The previous amp - identically installed - was noise free.

Zed > Lanzar -- shocker.

New Post 01-15-2010 01:46 PM
outlawice

which headunit did you have Max? denon?

New Post 01-18-2010 12:48 AM
Neomsport

RE: JL HD SQ?

quote:
Originally posted on 01-10-2010 by outlawice

how good is the SQ of the JL HD 600/4? i see its a class D amp so I was kinda wondering. i've found one for $400

That is a good deal 4Sure.  I have not heard one of those yet, nor have I seen a good
review on them, but I can tell you that IF your needs also include a midbass or sub amp, the Zed Leviathan is hard to beat for $600 (I have two now, one per car),

That does over 150w x 4, plus two spare channels, which I run mono at 600 watts for
my subs.  That is all I need for the low end.

Good luck with your system.

Rick

New Post 02-03-2010 09:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Neomsport Click here to Send Neomsport a Private Message Find more posts by Neomsport Add Neomsport to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Neomsport

quote:

That is a good deal 4Sure.  I have not heard one of those yet, nor have I seen a good
review on them, but I can tell you that IF your needs also include a midbass or sub amp, the Zed Leviathan is hard to beat for $600 (I have two now, one per car),

That does over 150w x 4, plus two spare channels, which I run mono at 600 watts for

Rick

New Post 02-03-2010 09:29 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Neomsport Click here to Send Neomsport a Private Message Find more posts by Neomsport Add Neomsport to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Neomsport

quote:

review on them, but I suspect it has to sound better vs. the Slash amps,  I can also tell you that IF your needs also include a midbass or sub amp, the Zed Leviathan is hard to beat for $600 (I have two now, one per car),

Rick

New Post 02-03-2010 09:30 PM
Neomsport

quote:

Damn software errors...

New Post 02-03-2010 09:31 PM
outlawice

..thats not bad at all for $600 bucks, where did you buy/order your amp from? do you think that 600 mono is underated? what about the overall SQ on the leviathan? how is it?

New Post 02-04-2010 10:18 AM
Neomsport

Hard to beat for B 4 the Buck

The amp sounds wonderful, and there are two reviews that document that.  Here is the first:

http://www.audiogearreviews.com/reviews/amplifiers/review-zed-audio-leviathan.asp

The second one is in this months PAS mag, and it is even more complementary.

It is a true, full-range Class D, and sounds at least as good, if not better, vs. the HS amps.  Underrated or not, 500 - 600 watts is plenty of power for most systems, esp since you would need close to 1kw to hear any difference in loudness (which would be small).

I got mine direct from Zed Audio (Zedaudiocorp.com), and that is why the price is soooo attractive (no retail, rep or distributor markup).

Cheers!

New Post 02-04-2010 11:00 AM
outlawice

thanks for the info

New Post 02-04-2010 04:50 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
kaotiksyko, from , CO. RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting