Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
OnlineCarStereo.com
The best and biggest selection of mobile audio/stereo, multimedia/navigation and accessories at the lowest prices! Kenwood, Pioneer, Rockford Fosgate, JVC, Sony, Clarion, Jensen, Infinity, Kicker and more...
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Head Units > Pioneer DEH-P5500MP
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jodip

Pioneer DEH-P5500MP

I have been looking at different Pioneer's and I was wondering if ya'll thought this would be a good one. I don't want to spend over $200 and I don't know anything about car stereos...one guy in a store recommended the eclipse brand name but I am unfamiliar with that name. Why would I rather have a eclipse over a pioneer? I also read some reviews on the following Pioneer units and i was wondering if you could rank them from best to worst...Help a girl out!!! DEH-P3500 DEH-P2600 DEH-P4600 DEH-P5500

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 05-11-2004 01:49 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jodip Click here to Send jodip a Private Message Find more posts by jodip Add jodip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ludepower

RE: Pioneer DEH-P5500MP

quote:
Originally posted on 05-11-2004 by jodip
I have been looking at different Pioneer's and I was wondering if ya'll thought this would be a good one. I don't want to spend over $200 and I don't know anything about car stereos...one guy in a store recommended the eclipse brand name but I am unfamiliar with that name. Why would I rather have a eclipse over a pioneer? I also read some reviews on the following Pioneer units and i was wondering if you could rank them from best to worst...Help a girl out!!! DEH-P3500 DEH-P2600 DEH-P4600 DEH-P5500

I owned a DEH-5500MP and it's a really nice deck. I had the Premier version of the deck and I didn't have any problems out of it. Eclipse is a great brand and depending where u buy it from, they aren't too pricey. Here's where u can get a great deal on Pioneer decks. http://stores.ebay.com/Mobile-Power-One_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZ1QQdptZ1QQsclZallQQsotimedisplayZ2QQtZkm I buy stuff from them and they're a reputable ebay store. check them out ;)

New Post 05-18-2004 03:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for ludepower Click here to Send ludepower a Private Message Find more posts by ludepower Add ludepower to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Splmonster

RE: Pioneer DEH-P5500MP

quote:
Originally posted on 05-11-2004 by jodip

These are all good!

Pioneer

Premier

Sony

Eclipse

Clarion

Alpine

Kenwood

Panasonic

New Post 05-18-2004 09:05 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Splmonster Click here to Send Splmonster a Private Message Find more posts by Splmonster Add Splmonster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ludepower

He was fine til he spoketh of Sony. Sony is not your friend, especially when it comes to car audio.

New Post 05-19-2004 11:42 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for ludepower Click here to Send ludepower a Private Message Find more posts by ludepower Add ludepower to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Splmonster

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 05-19-2004 by ludepower
He was fine til he spoketh of Sony. Sony is not your friend, especially when it comes to car audio.

You don't know you have never owned stfu. You need to find another forum. Sony makes some of the best head units, their subs right now are the best in low end.

New Post 05-19-2004 11:52 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Splmonster Click here to Send Splmonster a Private Message Find more posts by Splmonster Add Splmonster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ludepower

RE: RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 05-19-2004 by Splmonster
You don't know you have never owned stfu. You need to find another forum. Sony makes some of the best head units, their subs right now are the best in low end.

Sony is crap. Head Units, Subs, componenets speakers...all garbage. No matter how much you argue this, it's still true. I'd never defend Sony when it comes to car audio.

New Post 05-19-2004 11:57 AM
Splmonster

RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Sony is crap. Head Units, Subs, componenets speakers...all garbage. No matter how much you argue this, it's still true. I'd never defend Sony when it comes to car audio.

Nobody would ever defend you anywhere. Sony makes some of the best head units, and their subs are very good for low end users. The speakers are medicore. You need to find another forum nobody seems to listen to you or help you. I'm the only one talking to you. Go somewhere else, you don't anything about car audio. If you go to sites and read reviews not alot of people give bad ratings for sony stuff. I do think the amps suck though.

New Post 05-19-2004 12:00 PM
ludepower

RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Nobody would ever defend you anywhere. Sony makes some of the best head units, and their subs are very good for low end users. The speakers are medicore. You need to find another forum nobody seems to listen to you or help you. I'm the only one talking to you. Go somewhere else, you don't anything about car audio. If you go to sites and read reviews not alot of people give bad ratings for sony stuff. I do think the amps suck though.

You've made a fool of yourself at least 3 times in the last 12 hours. Please, do us all a favor and stop polluting the threads with your opinions that have no relevance. Sony is garbage :) All of the Xplod line is pretty much crap. Did I mention that their head units are crap too? Low S/N ratio, skipping issues, just to name a few.

New Post 05-19-2004 12:04 PM
Splmonster

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
You've made a fool of yourself at least 3 times in the last 12 hours. Please, do us all a favor and stop polluting the threads with your opinions that have no relevance. Sony is garbage :) All of the Xplod line is pretty much crap. Did I mention that their head units are crap too? Low S/N ratio, skipping issues, just to name a few.

No it isn't! You know nothing, haven't you seen how im the only one talking to you and nobody is. S/N ratio does nothing really, skipping issues not many complain about that, actuually they have one of the best skip protections. i have not made a fool of myself you just think so, you have been proved wrong for the past 12 hours, I suggest you stop. Their head units aren't they are rated in high end head units.

New Post 05-19-2004 12:07 PM
ludepower

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
No it isn't! You know nothing, haven't you seen how im the only one talking to you and nobody is. S/N ratio does nothing really, skipping issues not many complain about that, actuually they have one of the best skip protections. i have not made a fool of myself you just think so, you have been proved wrong for the past 12 hours, I suggest you stop. Their head units aren't they are rated in high end head units.

Nobody else has been talkin because not many ppl have been on. S/N ratio and skipping problems are two "SEPARATE" issues. I never said they were related. obviously they aren't. High end...right. No matter what you say, Sony is "Garbage" :) You state all these opinions? what's your setup? and i'd appreciate it if you didn't make threads trying to slander my name. :)

New Post 05-19-2004 12:12 PM
Splmonster

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Nobody else has been talkin because not many ppl have been on. S/N ratio and skipping problems are two "SEPARATE" issues. I never said they were related. obviously they aren't. High end...right. No matter what you say, Sony is "Garbage" :) You state all these opinions? what's your setup? and i'd appreciate it if you didn't make threads trying to slander my name. :)

My new setup, Sony isn't crap they are very good with their head units, subs are low end and pretty good. Nobody is talking because they don't want to intervein in this argument and get involved. Couple people that will get on you about sony being pure garbage and those subs you got being good, or the jbl amp being crappy. N2audio, dynamicsound2003, sentrastyle, mechanix these are some of the guys who what they are talking about and will tell you everything i just said is good, and the pioneers aren't worth it.

15" RE XXX

P4S Snail Shell

Hifonics Brutus 1500D running 1500watts rms at 14.4 volts into my RE

Sony CDX-M630 Head Unit

Lightning Audio Storm 950CCA battery

Rockford Fosgate Power 0/1 Gauge wiring kit

New Post 05-19-2004 12:14 PM
ludepower

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
My new setup, Sony isn't crap they are very good with their head units, subs are low end and pretty good. Nobody is talking because they don't want to intervein in this argument and get involved. Couple people that will get on you about sony being pure garbage and those subs you got being good, or the jbl amp being crappy. N2audio, dynamicsound2003, sentrastyle, mechanix these are some of the guys who what they are talking about and will tell you everything i just said is good, and the pioneers aren't worth it.

15" RE XXX

P4S Snail Shell

Hifonics Brutus 1500D running 1500watts rms at 14.4 volts into my RE

Sony CDX-M630 Head Unit

Lightning Audio Storm 950CCA battery

Rockford Fosgate Power 0/1 Gauge wiring kit

S/N on that deck is probably one of the lowest of decks out today. Even Emerson can make a deck with a S/N of 90dbs

New Post 05-19-2004 12:17 PM
Splmonster

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
S/N on that deck is probably one of the lowest of decks out today. Even Emerson can make a deck with a S/N of 90dbs

Yes its low, but I have heard decks with 120DB S/N and didn't hear much difference between the 90 and 120DB very little. That deck is from 2002 so its got two years on it. If you look at some systems from in the 90's thats when some of the best were made with lower then 90db S/N ratio.

New Post 05-19-2004 12:19 PM
ludepower

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
Yes its low, but I have heard decks with 120DB S/N and didn't hear much difference between the 90 and 120DB very little. That deck is from 2002 so its got two years on it. If you look at some systems from in the 90's thats when some of the best were made with lower then 90db S/N ratio.

lol, whatever man.

New Post 05-19-2004 12:21 PM
Splmonster

RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE:

quote:
lol, whatever man.

Yeah whatever! Not a really a difference man. You said you got 6 years of experience your 20, so you started doing car when you were 12?

New Post 05-19-2004 12:22 PM
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (2): [1] 2  Next next page

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. reagan1, from Rowlett, TX. soltany, from beirut, MI. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. kaotiksyko, from , CO. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting