Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource for radio,speakers, MP3, amps, subwoofers, box enclosures, IASCA,DB Drag Racing, USACi and MECA events Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource  Welcome to CarStereo.com the Internet Guide to Car Audio Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online ResourceMY ACCOUNT   
Car Stereo is the #1 Car Audio Online Resource
SonicElectronix.com - 1-877-BUY-SONIC
Up to $30.00 in FREE custom install kits on select car stereos. Largest selection online, great prices, Daily Deals and FREE shipping on most products. We are an authorized dealer for Infinity, JBL, JVC, Kicker, MTX, Vibe, RE Audio and others.
Car Audio Black Friday Sales!
Message Forums Car Stereo Message Forums > Video & Multimedia > AVIC-N1
Go Back Pages (1): [1]
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
neocastillo

AVIC-N1

I just had this unit installed. I can't seem to watch a DVD on it unless im parked. I have heard there is a work around for this unit. Does anyone know of one for this particular unit not other?

Report this post to a moderator

New Post 05-13-2004 01:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for neocastillo Click here to Send neocastillo a Private Message Find more posts by neocastillo Add neocastillo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gratchf703

DVD work arround

I have the unit and had it installed at a local shop. They did the "work around" to watch the dvd with the parking brake released without my even asking for it. I'm not sure how they did it however, it seems to be a common task.

New Post 05-20-2004 01:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for gratchf703 Click here to Send gratchf703 a Private Message Find more posts by gratchf703 Add gratchf703 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SentraStyleEMW

RE: DVD work arround

quote:
Originally posted on 05-20-2004 by gratchf703
I have the unit and had it installed at a local shop. They did the "work around" to watch the dvd with the parking brake released without my even asking for it. I'm not sure how they did it however, it seems to be a common task.

Was this a chain store or just a mom and pop shop? If they did it w/o you asking for it and they're a chain store...I'd get in an accident while watching a dvd...and then sue the pants off of them :). The lawyers would have a field day with that one.

New Post 05-21-2004 12:16 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SentraStyleEMW Click here to Send SentraStyleEMW a Private Message Find more posts by SentraStyleEMW Add SentraStyleEMW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bikinpunk

dunno..

My friend works at Best Buy and said that they can easily bypass the video not available option by grounding a wire, or something...i'm not really sure. But, to answer your question, apparently it is common-knowledge for installers. To be honest, i'm sure it would be easy to figure out if you have a little bit of electronics and wiring experience. I'm willing to bet the real reason companies have this standard on their in-dash players is to keep from getting sued, and obey the law. I do know that you can buy a bypass from e-bay, and the same bypass is available from Tweeter who can also install the bypass for you. Hope i helped any, bikinpunk

New Post 07-31-2004 05:00 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for bikinpunk Click here to Send bikinpunk a Private Message Find more posts by bikinpunk Add bikinpunk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hjcpmeek

Why would it be OK for the Nav to work but not the video or TV? Its simple-might have to IM you! But I need to sell my AVIC-N1 since its in my 3rd car and don't drive it much

New Post 08-14-2004 07:27 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for hjcpmeek Click here to Send hjcpmeek a Private Message Find more posts by hjcpmeek Add hjcpmeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
meade916

dont buy a "bypass" that is hella lame. just take the light green wire off the deck that says parking break on it and ground it. Done deal..... it works with all screens i own and i have 3 at the current moment including an AVIC N1. good luck

New Post 09-10-2004 12:20 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for meade916 Click here to Send meade916 a Private Message Find more posts by meade916 Add meade916 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SentraStyleEMW

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 09-10-2004 by meade916
dont buy a "bypass" that is hella lame. just take the light green wire off the deck that says parking break on it and ground it. Done deal..... it works with all screens i own and i have 3 at the current moment including an AVIC N1. good luck

Doesn't work with Alpine ;)

New Post 09-12-2004 12:50 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for SentraStyleEMW Click here to Send SentraStyleEMW a Private Message Find more posts by SentraStyleEMW Add SentraStyleEMW to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
meade916

AVIC N1

quote:
Originally posted on 09-12-2004 by SentraStyleEMW
Doesn't work with Alpine ;)

whats the name of this topic? Is it Alpine or is it AVIC N1? anyway like i said, ground the light green wire anywhere you have a clean ground.

New Post 09-17-2004 11:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for meade916 Click here to Send meade916 a Private Message Find more posts by meade916 Add meade916 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bIGKEVIN20

GROUND YOUR GREEN P BRAKE WIRE TO THE GROUND WIRE OF THE RADIO THATS IT. 3 MINS AT THE MOST.

New Post 08-17-2005 09:43 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bIGKEVIN20 Click here to Send bIGKEVIN20 a Private Message Find more posts by bIGKEVIN20 Add bIGKEVIN20 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jimmyjam

RE:

quote:
Originally posted on 08-17-2005 by bIGKEVIN20
GROUND YOUR GREEN P BRAKE WIRE TO THE GROUND WIRE OF THE RADIO THATS IT. 3 MINS AT THE MOST.

THat will work unless you've gotten the update disks (v1.1) that adds in the GPS motion detection. If you've updated your N1 software than the parking brake trick won't work anymore. :(

New Post 08-23-2005 12:19 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for jimmyjam Click here to Send jimmyjam a Private Message Find more posts by jimmyjam Add jimmyjam to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Go Back Pages (1): [1]

Show Printable Version  |   Email this Page  |   Subscribe to this Thread

Recently Logged In Members  
RampagesZ, from Mobile, AL. Rol886, from Rockaway Beach, NY. Dayton605, from Dayton, TX. banelsonms, from Moss Point, MS. weezer4rock, from , . jaboran, from swanton, OH. N2Audio, from Lawrence, KS. wolfantry, from erie, PA. 2rgrbn, from Long Beach, CA. IBBumpin, from Columbus, NE. tjsaudio, from anytown, MI. kaotiksyko, from , CO. punkroc719, from Winchester, VA. Andrew, from Linden, MI. #1audio, from newport, NC. torawi01, from Corpus Christi, TX. Stripedss, from Hampton, GA. NRred2, from New York, NY. becesaudio, from davao city, AL. ipodzrcool, from , AL.
see more member photos  post your members photo

previous page Back Email this page to a Friend 
Home  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Join!  |  Log-In

Copyright © 2006 Online ConneXions Inc.
Web Designed & Hosting